Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Thinking of fixing my smoker before I sell my Creeping Death Pzkw III. Should I?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Thinking of fixing my smoker before I sell my Creeping Death Pzkw III. Should I?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 11:31 AM
rifleshooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of fixing my smoker before I sell my Creeping Death Pzkw III. Should I?

Hello, team.

I bought a Pzkw Mk. III from Creeping Death back in Spring 2008. I don't fool around with it too much so I think I'm going to send it down the road, but the smoker pooped out. I've had some time off so I've researched the various smoker repairs, but I've been hesitant to open this tank up for three reasons:

[ul][*] I'm not sure what Creeping Death did inside there to get the gun to recoil and to shoot @ 170 fps, and I'm afraid of messing things up.[*] This is my biggest concern - if I fix the smoker I'm going to fall in love with the whole mess again and will probably keep the unit! [*] I really need the money to buy yet another gun toy (this is my wife's face: - she had no idea she was marrying a 14 year-old boy)
[/ul]

So is it worth it fixing the smoker?

To be honest I've been admiring Shenloco's crazy bb-gun efforts and would LOVE just such a mechanical challenge (although finding room for same in the Pzkw mk. III's cramped turret is probably a dream)
Old 12-30-2010, 12:16 PM
Buckeye36
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Thinking of fixing my smoker before I sell my Creeping Death Pzkw III. Should I?

I don't think the smoker is worth the trouble, pulled them out of my tanks.
That is just my opinion for what it is worth.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:02 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Thinking of fixing my smoker before I sell my Creeping Death Pzkw III. Should I?

Concur...none of my smokers have lasted.  When they did work, they sucked the batteries dry.  So, I've quit using them.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:11 PM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let it go....smoking exhaust is not realistic and the units are problem.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:17 AM
DirtyBird69

I agree with everybody else...smokers when they do work, look fake, and all they are good for is making a mess and drawing juice outta your battery...that's about it!....let it go
Old 12-31-2010, 08:11 AM
Imnotanace

Yea Yea What they said
Old 12-31-2010, 11:23 AM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One good use however...get the high volume smoker and channel both tubes into one up to the turret, activated with a micro switch to simulate a knocked out tank. Works great on my Egyptian T-100.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:38 PM
rifleshooter

ORIGINAL: pattoncommander

One good use however...get the high volume smoker and channel both tubes into one up to the turret, activated with a micro switch to simulate a knocked out tank. Works great on my Egyptian T-100.
LOLs!

Thanks, guys, for your advice. I'll list that bad boy today.

Cheers, and Happy New Year!