Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

RX18 and Asiatam recoil (older)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

RX18 and Asiatam recoil (older)

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 05:21 PM
rgallant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX18 and Asiatam recoil (older)

Hello all,

This hopefully will be a simple question, and yes I have been searching the net for 2 days with no luck.

1st the situation, I have a long barreled Pz IV upgraded to the Asiatam recoil last year, worked fine no major issues.

Now several people want to get into tank battling, so an upgrade to the HL battle system was in the works, I know I could have gone the DBC route but that is being saved for my Sherman project.

So I have wired up the RX18 and everything works except the Asiatam recoil. To be very specific none of it's functions work, no gun elevation, no recoil no flash.

I wired the ground for the unit to the Battery ground with the rest of the ground wires.

I ran a test with the old airsoft turret and it elevates fine, and the warning light comes on for the bb fire, no bb's so I did not test bb firing.

Any ideas where I could have gone south ?

I have not setup the flash unit or IR unit yet as I need to sort this out 1st, and I have not been in the turret.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:52 AM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RX18 and Asiatam recoil (older)

The commons on the HL tanks are actually the positive wires, if that helps. they get power from the commons not what you would think was the positive side.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:19 PM
rgallant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RX18 and Asiatam recoil (older)

Always the simplest thing, my battery decided to fail at the same time. All is much better with a new battery.