Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Help required Heng long HID Gun Flash

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Help required Heng long HID Gun Flash

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 10:25 AM
STO_118

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help required Heng long HID Gun Flash

So I come across a small problem. I purchased some High Intensity flashers thinking they were just plug and play. Well they are on my Jagdpanther but fitting them to my Panzer III is going to prove to be a problem.

After a little research and playing with them Iworked out how to install it on the Jagdpanther and have been working backwards on how to get into a tank that might still have its airsoft mechanism. Please note I have a limited understanding of electronics.

I worked out that the flasher has a five pin connector plugs into CN3 and that:

Pin 1 provides 7.68v from the RX18
Pin 2 acts as a trigger (i.e short pin 1 with pin 2 and you get a flash)
Pin 3 negative

Pin 4 and 5 run to a contact switch on the side of the recoil, when the gun recoils you get flash. You also get sound and tank recoil on the Jagd so I am guessing it would be the same on another tank. The voltage recorded for this loop was 4.67v.

So, if I didn't have a contact switch for pin 4 or 5 how would Iget the thing to work?

Solutions I am pondering:

Using the 7.68V from the 6 point bridge so that when you push up to fire the airsoft it fires (where to put the flash would need to be worked out).
Powering the PIN 4/5 connector from the same place but working out a way to drop the voltage before the RX18, I've read about voltage dividers but got lost.

Replaceing the Airsoft with a Jagd recoil unit.

Any ideas help appreciated.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Help required Heng long HID Gun Flash

You still need the switch. Im not exactly sure why either but it seems you do. I have these issues with custom projects all the time substituting recoil systems.
  It can be a pain in the butt. YHR can give you some really good info on this. if he doesn't reply to this post send him a PM.