Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New Electronics?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 05:32 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Electronics?????

What the heck happened to the thread?????????
Old 02-21-2011, 05:36 PM
hulu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Electronics?????

It seems someone delete the thread. you can contact the Fireman Tim directly.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:40 PM
BiggTony

Yeah, likely deleted since it's against TOS to officially sell or take orders beyond the market place. Could be way off, or maybe it's a conspiracy.

BUT I do find it a bit humorous how selective the moderation has become. It's okay to bash someone to high heaven and down to hell....but, sell something and WHAM......comes down the hammer.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:09 PM
Fireman Tim
My Feedback: (3)

Well I thought I was in compliance with the rules:

ALL OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES

* Non-RCU advertisers may submit one new special R/C related announcement or news thread during any 30 day rolling period. Announcements include only product information or news. No ads, promotions, specials, stock status or the like will be allowed.
* Commercial announcements must be made in one forum only and the forum must be applicable to the topic of the commercial announcement thread
* Members may reply to these threads and vendors may follow up with answers, support or additional information.
Perhaps it was my wording of "Introductory Price" what pushed it over the edge.

Anyrate, if someone was interested in reading more about the SLU, I would go here: [link]http://soundandlightunit.weebly.com/[/link]
Old 02-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Glen B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the link, I now have it book marked.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:49 PM
pattoncommander

The main reason for so many sales pitches are appearing is the totally ignored fact that tanks are not included in the add section. I have long given up placing any ads as I (and many others) do not care to wade through dozens of race cars, airplanes and helis to find something related to armor.

Despite many requests that a tank/armor section be added, nothing has ever been done. Even the member bio section has NOTHING about RC tanks....I am not a pilot a race driver or a boat driver....so half the bio section does not pertain to me at all and therefore, to RCU I have no experience in anything.

So really, how much effort would it take at post a seperate tank/armor section for the ever uincreasing membership who are only interested in tanks[:-] Placing a notice of something for sale and having it deleted would not be happening...it would then be posted in a appropriate spot and maybe result in a positive response.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:50 PM
dyeager535
My Feedback: (1)

All the info in that thread and someone couldn't just hit the "lock" button on the thread?

I understand if it's violating rules (not saying it was, just IF) it needs to stop, that shouldn't mean all the information should simply be trashed!

Every other forum I participate in, posts in violation are locked, but still viewable as long as they don't cross over an actual legal line.

And, the mod asks the person with an offending post to go fix it, remove the offending information. Done.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:55 PM
Fireman Tim

I agree Pattoncommander. I would not have know about RC Tank products if it were not for people posting about them the RCU forum. We found a great product and we wanted to share.

I got no response from the Mod regarding why it was pulled.

You can still find all the SLU information and videos posted on the website or just send me a PM
Old 02-21-2011, 06:55 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The moderation around is is pretty skinny, and it has been my experience they don't go looking for stuff. Must have had a complaint, you probably crossed the imaginary line with the come and get them post. I 'll have to remember that
Old 02-21-2011, 08:26 PM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

One question:  is the "apple" a simple plug-n-play for Heng Long's or do you need to replace the socket?

Thanks for the link.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:39 PM
BIGMIG

Well my two cents worth.May not be worth that much.........

First on the moderation here.......If we have one he is doing over-all a dammmm good job of it, as things are pretty lax here and they look the other way most of the time unless something gets way out of line.When you see RC Ken apear on here there is a good reason,as other wise you never see him here.I would say be carefull what you wish for.A bad moderator can do a lot more harm than good.The members can be the best moderators on a forum.

Now the post that was removed did not affect me in any way and I had nothing to do with it being gone. It is nice to be able to disscuss anything tank related and somethings "other things" that one may have to use the streatch of the imagination to connect with tanks.It is even fun to throw in a little humor here and there although some here don't seem to much care for humor or seem to have much of a sense of humor.But to me for those who are in the business of using this forum to boost their" business or sales of a product" does not belong in this area of the forum.They are here to "sell" and not just the run of the mill hobby guy like most of us here.You need to look at the big picture and ask yourself what this forum would be if everyone wanting to sell tanks or any related product pertaining to them was allowed to hawk there products here.? It would not be a benifit to this forum,in fact it could soon kill it as we know it today.Be happy at what we have here guys and gals..........It's free and open to anyone who cares to join in and have fun posting about their on-going project at the time.Got to say i don't know of any other forum with the success this one has,so the powers to be must know what they are doing.

BIGMIG
Old 02-21-2011, 08:43 PM
SgtPearce

hey Fireman tim, does that include the laser pointer? couse it says lazer pointer support, but uh lol i think you should makes and option to include said lazer pointer for support lol
Old 02-22-2011, 02:28 AM
wright 971

Hi Why not issue a Warning First so it would be possible to edit the post and remove the offending bit.But to delete the whole post is a bit much How are we supposed to find out about new bits for Tanks ,If a post goes on to show new bits or tanks it is a sales pitch in one way or another either done by a member or a seller.
        Forums are here to pass around info of new ideas, parts, tanks ECT.So if we are not allowed to share what we find is there a point to having the Forum,other Forums dont delete posts because they are showing new parts ,tanks ECT.Could get very messy if taken to the letter wouldnt be allowed to use brand names such as Tamiya or Heng Long ,because this in a way is selling them.
    Time to take a step back and think this out,

regards pete
Old 02-22-2011, 05:04 AM
Fireman Tim

One question: is the "apple" a simple plug-n-play for Heng Long's or do you need to replace the socket?
Hulu could answer that question better than I can (he has the prototype).

The SLU "apple" is 5 pin so if it lined up, you could rewire it, but would probably be easier to just replace the HL socket with the SLU one.

The laser pointer connection is a port on the control board that you could wire a laser pointer to. Using your hobby radio, you could turn on and off the laser.

Still no answer from the Mod as to what rule I broke (I like to learn from my mistakes so that I don't repeat them in the future). This situation reminds me of the Avro Arrow for some reason.

Perhaps I need a different approach.

"Ahem.... So I know this guy right, his name is .... Fireman Jim .... ya that's his name.... who is selling this new rc control system, and he says that despite the fact that he has been muzzled for barking too loud, things are still on track. "

All kidding aside, I want to talk about the product but I guess I can't talk about anything that involves $$$ or the word "Sale".

I will have more info today about programming the ammunition levels and programming the receiver sensitivity to reduce the range at which you can be hit.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:45 AM
YHR

I think you are free to discuss the product, showcase it and answer questions about it. Just don't sell it from here. A disclaimer in your signature along with a link to your website, I think is OK.

I have no problem with the decision the forum made. We are all interested in this product, but where do you draw the line on flogging stuff. We all know Fireman Tim, like Darkith he is one of us. However what if Banana hobby, or Mato, or some other distrubutor started posting products sales eveyday. Pretty soon this would be like shopping on ebay, where you would be sifting through piles of stuff to find actual things you were interested in.

I do understand the reasoning behind, and respect the direction the forum moderators take. It is one of the best moderated forums I have been involved in.

Tim

I am not a moderator, nor did I report the thread to the moderators, but IMO I think you crossed the line when you gave out the cost, terms, and pitch for orders.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:04 AM
Fireman Tim

I have some more information regarding use of the programming remote. (Remember we are translating these instructions from Mandarin...If I got any of this wrong I am sure Hulu will correct me.)

You can use the remote programmer to set your ammunition level between 20 and 120 rounds in 10 round increments, or you can set it for unlimited.

You can also decrease the receiver sensitivity range in 10% increments. So you could set your JagdTiger to only take hits at say 30% of the normal range.

The third application you can use the remote for is setting the tank to auto restore after it is destroyed, or for manual restore using your remote controller.

Now once you have set these parameters, you can save them to memory.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:57 AM
wright 971

Hi I did ask a question on the other post ,you might not have seen it ,Dose the I.R. emmitter have to connect to the Battle unit ,this could be a problem for guys who have there I.R. emmitter mounted in the mantle,or is it possible to connect it to the board.

regards pete
Old 02-22-2011, 07:19 AM
Fireman Tim

wright 971,

Sorry I missed your question previously. It may be possible to wire the LED straight from the SLU control board. I will have to get back to you on that.

I think the safest way would be to run your IR emitter wire from the mantlet up through the turret hatch and into the apple. When you are not using the apple, just coil the IR wire in the hatch. Or one could just run a jumper off of the apple to the IR wire. We will pass these concerns on to the manufacturer and see what answers we can get.

And I'd like to thank those who have contacted me by email.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:15 AM
Warlord_Link

Hi, If there are 2 or many tanks use this SLU electronics and I use programming remote to change ammunition level. Is it possible to interfere with other tank that use this SLU ?

I and my customer find multifuntion box with not too high price to setting HL tank to IR battle with Tamyia tank.

Regards,
Jade
Old 02-22-2011, 11:17 AM
YHR

Wow this thing sounds real interesting.

Thanks for that info.

Dan
Old 02-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Fireman Tim

Hi, If there are 2 or many tanks use this SLU electronics and I use programming remote to change ammunition level. Is it possible to interfere with other tank that use this SLU ?
As I understand it, the programming remote works for all SLUs, so be careful where you point it LOL.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:02 PM
SgtPearce

haha lol "complys with all FCC freqs, and may interupt others lol"
Old 02-22-2011, 05:33 PM
Fireman Tim

We have a new video from the manufacturer showing how you can connect a mini MP3 player to the SLU.

I don't have any other information about how this works, but it will be forthcoming.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQCsMUn7JZY[/youtube]
Old 02-23-2011, 01:27 AM
wright 971

Hi Would it be possible to see a wiring diagram,of how all the components wire together .It would answer alot of questions about the units along with thespecs of ESC how many amps it draws max amps is there a thermal cutout.
I have tried to translate from the website it only gives basic translation,

regards pete
Old 02-23-2011, 05:41 AM
Fireman Tim

Pete,

we are working on it. I'll get back to you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.