Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

GREAT Tank Extravaganza MORE New video added today 5-21-11

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

GREAT Tank Extravaganza MORE New video added today 5-21-11

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 11:30 AM
Pershing.Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GREAT Tank Extravaganza MORE New video added today 5-21-11

Too bad you did not catch me trying to push that KV1 onto the bridge to block your progress there at the end
Great times.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:42 PM
candycab

Guy in the first group of pictures looks like Colonel Potter from M.A.S.H.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:51 AM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Pershing.Driver

Too bad you did not catch me trying to push that KV1 onto the bridge to block your progress there at the end
Great times.
Hi James,
As usual, I had a fantastic time both battling with you and against you. At bout 10:38 you can see the stricken KO'ed KV1 being "urged" into a bridge blocking position. I guess my fire may have disuaded you from finishing the task. I was barely able to squeek by the KV and Joe did a fantastic job of holding you guys off there for so long. He followed me past he KV and into zone 4. I had no hits until you peppered me with IR and was feeling like Superman. Our gentlemenly hand shake in the end gives true testimony to what a gentleman you are. I look forward to trading paint and teamwork with you again in June. I hope that we will have more of the rookies back again in June for additional treatments for their new tank addictions.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78609.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	1605726  
Old 05-08-2011, 05:07 AM
thecommander

What is worse than getting killed in a RC tank battle . Getting killed by a tank that you sold to another tanker. Here is a video of Herman, know to all on RCU and Greenamphibian for this Amtracks, as he gets the last laugh on me while defending the bridge and town. He with his Tiger I and Randy with his Panther, and James worked me over good. Herman is learning too fast and I hope he turns his attention back to seaborne endeavors rather than honeing his tank skills to a sharp point.[X(]

Please feel free to post a comment, here on RCU or youtube, if you enjoyed it. Here is a link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx40AQRXAiQ

I see him buying another tank soon......[&:]\

I did drive Martins's (Ex Pat tanker) Jagdpanzer IV this past weekend so I may finish mine soon to take on Herman. I took some reaerch pix at APG with the rest of the NEAD guys.

Bob, NEAD CO

Name:	Db86490.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	1605740  
Old 05-08-2011, 05:32 AM
thecommander

On a lighter note, here is what happens to people who do not normally partake of distilled spirits.[&:]

Viewer discretion is advised.

Enjoy this from a firmly seated position[X(]: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4Y7p379QLg
Old 05-08-2011, 07:23 AM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, since I was unable to attend I am in a highly agitated state. I am still having problems with this respiratory infection but I really need some RC Tank action so as soon as we can set up a battle day cant be soon enough for me.
 The Pershing is all ready for the classic Panther Vs Pershing battle. It has quickly become my favorite tank. Even maybe above my beloved Panther G which is a very capable killer in its own right.
 The Panther i feel is probably the best  "First Build Tamiya FO tank, but the Pershing is by far the more interesting build. 
A new comer can build it but some prior experience is very useful.
I am now in RC heaven as I have what I consider the two best fighting tanks that there are in existence and i cant wait to get too use them again.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:17 AM
Buckeye36
My Feedback: (3)

My daughter got a good pic of Herman's trireme, so here it is for those who missed it.

Name:	Yw66693.jpg
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	1606066  
Old 05-09-2011, 05:48 AM
blitzkrieg65

ORIGINAL: thecommander

One of the luxuries that we enjoy at Danville is a chance to have tank recovery battles. Each team (Allied versus Axis in this case) is assigned a tank recovery truck. Willy drove for the Allies and Daryl for the Axis. You fight like a wildman unitl you are killed and then call in for the recovery unit. Teamwork was the name of the game as usual. Phil from RCtankwars.com and I teamed up and we rushed the Allies into the corner by the quarry. We push hard and get alot of hits. Dana takes me out and Phil takes him out as payback. Daryl then recovers my Panther and it is back into the fray.

Here is a link to the action on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWvLuWjx6a8

Bob

Thanks Bob, This video is great, and if I had been able to pic some video of the Panther G, this video would have been close to top on the list. You really capture the Tank Recovery battle in a unique way and it was cool to see my EL MOD Panther G in action at the ground level.

Here are a few more pics of my Nephew Jonah who was also was one of the last guys standing with Daryl Turner on one Battle and he was using the Heng long KV-1 DBC/DBU with the new competitive chip, the only other change to this tank was,, it does has an Asiatam 3:1 gearbox/mounting plate with my 400 motors installed & metal upgrade kit.

I am back to work guys but thanks to many of you, I am burried so give me a few days to get caught up. I hope to have en EL MOD update by mid week as well and it sure did proves its place in the Hobby at Danville and I hope if help to make it easier for other new system to become accepted faster. Never forget the Guys at EL MOD are tankers too and know whats on the Market, I would expect some continues improvement from them as well, future looks bright for RC Tank Electronic options, flexibility & compatibility. .

Phil

The Blitz

Name:	Us55396.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	263.8 KB
ID:	1606089   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf13939.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	270.2 KB
ID:	1606090  
Old 05-09-2011, 01:29 PM
Pershing.Driver

I stopped pushing the KV1 when he was taken out... thought that would be a bit cheesey

can't wait till JUNE
Old 05-09-2011, 02:39 PM
thecommander

I'm glad you explained further James. I would love to hear you describe the battle from your end since I was tied-up elswhere for most of it. I had no hits when coming back to the town. I thought your strategy was to push a KO'ed tank to block the bridge. Please give the details.......

Bob
Old 05-09-2011, 06:29 PM
thecommander

Calling all KIDS....

Just the little ones, not the big ones. We had so many kids at the Extravaganza this year who could fight, I decided to have a kids only battle for the "Young Guns". I will make a futile attempt to name them all: Jack, Andrew, Eli, Jonah, Quinn, Margaret, Krista, Joe & Daniel. Phew... if I forgot any please let me know. They were never all there at the same exact time over the three days, but the two boys and two girls did an every tanker for him/herself "Battle Royale" on Saturday evening. Congrats go to Quinn (a great rc tanker with several years expereince with his dad, John) who won the day. Practice for next year kids...I can see this event expanding fast! We will have to award some prizes as well.

Here is a video of the event: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5-o9YXylhU

Bob, NEAD CO

Name:	Ay73558.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	270.2 KB
ID:	1606392   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb88714.jpg
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	1606393   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr39680.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	1606394   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96835.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	1606395  
Old 05-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Pershing.Driver

The KV was down to just a few hits left but could not climb the slope because it needs geardowns and upgraded motors. So I was pushing it to help it get onto the bridge before it died.

This was to prevent you from flanking us which would have allowed us to have a 3-to-2 advantage untill you were able to reposition across the mid bridge or bailey bridge. By which time we should have been able to take out at least one tank. And with a lot of luck had a 3-2 or at least a 2-2 fight
Old 05-09-2011, 11:41 PM
thecommander

Today is my first day off since getting home from Danville a week ago. So I'm getting a chance to catch up on some pix and video from the Extravaganza tonight. I'm assuming by the 7,200 reads and almost 300 replies, that you guys are enjoying this thread. I hope that with what we are showing you here, you can vicariously enjoy the battes and the demonstrations. I know much more video will be coming from many of the talented tankers that were in attendance. Jimmy Kuhn & Dana always has good video to show us. Steve (AKA Shark47) is in the video biz and always produces top shelf stuff to entertain us. You can see him with his camera in some of my videos. I always have enjoyed the on the ground persepective. I know it may not be for eveyone but I enjoy seeing all the detail that is on that battlefield. I also enjoy spotting all the fire lanes and gaps in cover to use the next time. We had several video vehicles on the field over the years and they just keep coming. We had several new ones this spring and the HD quality is getting better and better. Martin's video has been a blast to watch.

In this video Chris (T1), Brett(KV), Jimmy Kuhn (Panther?), Will (Pzr IV) and I take off from zone 3 buy the RR bridge. We are the un-flagged team. James meets us head-on with his SU and gives me my first hit (He lives for that!). He pushes past us and gets into the now empty zone 3. I chase him down as he tries to get the drop on Jim and Chris by the farm villiage. We take him out before he can do more serioius damage. We finish the TI near the quarry then it is time to take Phils HL Panther on. He and I really get into it as we "Exchange Paint". A ritual I normally perform with James' M26 each battle-weekend. I have a speed advantage and get Phil as he tries to make it to cover between two hills. He has that HL Panther running just as good as any Tamiya. Then it is into the town to get Jimmy F in his HL JP. Chris was fighting with Martin and Tony in the bowling ally. As we push the flagged tanks into town I get lucky with a quick shot at the JP between two buildings. He tries to get me but I got the kill shot as he approached the street corner. We all had a great time and I can't wait to see more video from the other combatants.

Here is the link to the action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfWxeNcBeI8

Enjoy, Bob

PS If there are any corrections to my comments, send me a PM.

Name:	Tq48735.jpg
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	1606520   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt63183.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	1606521   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot46667.jpg
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	1606522   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ha79744.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	1606523  
Old 05-10-2011, 06:47 PM
thecommander

ORIGINAL: Pershing.Driver

The KV was down to just a few hits left but could not climb the slope because it needs geardowns and upgraded motors. So I was pushing it to help it get onto the bridge before it died.

This was to prevent you from flanking us which would have allowed us to have a 3-to-2 advantage untill you were able to reposition across the mid bridge or bailey bridge. By which time we should have been able to take out at least one tank. And with a lot of luck had a 3-2 or at least a 2-2 fight
Thanks for the insight James. I though, from what little I saw, that you were pushing Jim's body upon the top of the funeral pire. The HL KV1s are slugs when down to their last hit or two. They will need a lot of work to be good fighters. Phil's Panther did very well. I fought both with and against him and it was very potent. I had a great deal of fun fighting over the river. That game may have ended differently if you had been able to block that bridge off.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:10 PM
thecommander

The Danville and Texas battlefields both enjoy the enhanced special effects from a smoke or fog machine. Each adds a level of realism that you can hardly find anywhere else. Sometimes the fog hangs heavy over the field at groundlevel or makes strange zig-zag shapes overhead. We had many father and son (plus two father daughter and two uncle nephew) teams make it to the Extravaganza. Joe's dad, James, is very supportive of his 13 year old and goes above and beyond the call to keep him busy. Joe manned the smoke machine which doled out the thick "Pea Soup" for us to enjoy (or hate) as we battled. We were running flagged tanks and it is easy to lose track of who is who. Add into that dead tanks scattered all over the field and a thick smoke that obscures your vision and it makes for the "Fog of War" that is mentioned so much in battle. Not only for freindly fire incidents, but also for sudden attacks and rear infiltrations. In this battle Dan L. had been moving so slow since he took some early hits. Wayne (Chiefsonn) son, Cody with his dad's KV1 was holding them off very well until the bitter end. Joe's M26 was boxing then in in zone 4. Dan's enemy lost track of him during the ensuing mele and he slowly crept around the field until he could engage the tanks in zone 4 by the quarry. They were very surprised when he opening up on them.

Here is the result: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4PbeQiMK6g

Bob

Name:	Zx72101.jpg
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	1607329   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hd94483.jpg
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	1607330   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47089.jpg
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	1607331   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh20305.jpg
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	1607332  
Old 05-11-2011, 08:43 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Bob, you missed my Pershing chasing Cody's KV from one end of the field to the other. LOL Dan was lying in wait for him to show himself and then let loose with that KT!! What a great battle!
Old 05-11-2011, 10:05 PM
thecommander

ORIGINAL: yellowshaker

Bob, you missed my Pershing chasing Cody's KV from one end of the field to the other. LOL Dan was lying in wait for him to show himself and then let loose with that KT!! What a great battle!
Thanks for filling in the blacks Joe.

I saw the M26 moving on the bridge but didn't see how the whole thing went down. It was Cody, Wayne's son, who was KO'ed.

Thanks Pal
Old 05-11-2011, 10:07 PM
yellowshaker

No problem. That was a really intense one! I knew Dan was still out there and Cody headed for the hills, but it turned out he came right into the line of fire of that big cat! Lucky for me, I didn't drive off the bridge LOL
Old 05-11-2011, 10:10 PM
thecommander

What the hell are you doing up at this hour??? It's 2:12 AM EST [:-]
Old 05-11-2011, 10:12 PM
yellowshaker

I got runned over at work... My foot hurts!!! [:@] I hate people. I have been doing PE for 2 days. I need alcohol!
Old 05-11-2011, 10:21 PM
thecommander

Get your cell...I'm gonna call you.[8D] Nightowl...
Old 05-12-2011, 10:30 AM
girltankette

If anyone has pictures of the battlefield and or battles during the extravaganza we would really appreciate it if you could send them to us - we lost our photograph for the event and only got shots at the outside demo's. Would really love a group photo for the website update. Mike - thank you for sending yours, we will probably be using a few of them.
Our Tamiya rep also is asking for some pics - we may make it on Tamiya's website as well.
Tanks all!
Karen
Old 05-13-2011, 11:06 AM
EOT

Your welcome Karen! And thank you for the nifty certificate

Mike EOT
Old 05-13-2011, 08:17 PM
thecommander

Hi Karen,

Please extend my thanks to Tasha and the boys for all they did at the Extravaganza. We all had a great time and are eagerly looking forward to the June event and the next Extravaganza in 2012 (if the planet is still intact). The NEAD group had a great time working with HEAT and I know we were successful in our attempts to ensure everyone had a great time at the battlefield. I'm wading thru the mountain of video and pix that I have during my days off. I will forward to you whatever I have to use as you see fit.
Bob
Attached Images  
Old 05-13-2011, 11:19 PM
thecommander

Karen's request lit a fire under my butt to get more pix and video organized. [X(]

So here some more information and shots from the event.

My family and I packed the last few items into our Itasca/Winnebago motorhome between severe the thunderstorms that plagued most of the eastern US on Thursday. I knew we would never fit all the NEAD tanker's RC tanks, tools, equipment camera bags, gear and clothing into the RV. I can fill it all with just my tank stuff. I rented a small enclosed trailer to make sure everything would get there safe, secure and dry. This would also give us extra room in the RV to lounge out in style for the 525 mile drive to Danvile from the NYC metro area. Krista and I met Wayne, Cody and Joe in Bayonne, NJ near NYC and loaded the trailer with tank and the RV with clothes and cameras. Joe and Margaret had left south Jersey earlier in the day. Gregg, and his brother Blain, were heading down the nest day. The two NEAD Jims of VA and the rest of NEAD would all meet us there in Danville.

The RV group made two side-trips in conjuction with the Extravaganza. On the way down we stopped at the National D-Day Memorial in Bedford, VA. On the way home we stopped at the Aberdeen Proving Ground US Army Ordnance Musuem in MD. I will make separate posts on these side-trips. We got into northern VA by 4:30 AM and drove all night to Bedford. We all picked a bed or couch to catch some sleep since the memorial wouldn't be open for a few hours. Afte the tour and many pix we headed south on Rt 29 for the last 60 miles to Danville. We got there right at lunchtime and met the rest of the RC tankers at one of our favorite eateries, Ciros. Then we went to the mus. to unload. Jimmy Kuhn from NEAD took the trailer into the musuem so unloading was a snap. We met many tankers there from RCU and for the first time could put a face and voice to the years worth of forum posts. We checked in and tried to get organized and settled in. As one of the host clubs I had some extra duties to go over with the HEAT guys and finalized some of our plans. Dana and I were extatic over how many atankers were already there. It was a record number of RC tankers for a Friday. Thank you all so much. This is one of the first reasons listed since 3 day makes it a very worthwhile trip. I also had to check in with Bill and Doug Gasser since I volunteer at several of the demonstrations over the weekend. We hoped for a late night of tank battles but a change in plans required us to be out by 7:30 PM so the rest of the still arriving volunteers could make a vital dinner meeting in a timely manner.

We then retired to a Mexican restaruant by the Comfort Inn where we took over the outside dinning-room. First it was 4 tables, then 6, then 8, then 9...where are all these guys coming from? Well....they were from VA, Del, FLA, CA, MN, MI, TN, GA, NJ, NY & North Carolina. After dinner many hit he sack at the hotel and some of us die-hards assembled at the pool for "Choir Practice". We gather to catch-up on our families, exchange project stories and tank tales. We also relive many of the days battles and check out pix and vidoe on our laptops (tank-nerds???). After sampling a touch of the grape, our stories become more grand and exaggerated as the wee hours approach. I left the chorus about 1 AM???? I think....[&:]

Many gathered for breakfast and headed to the Museum which was already a bee hive of activity. Vendor were unlading and the newly arrived tankers were coming in. I got there early and met some of the new tankers to Danville and rookies to IR tank battles. I found them workbenches and introduced thenm to some of the other earlybirds who got here before me. I attempted to fill James shoes by checking in a few of the new tankers and filing their registration forms. The workbenches were disappearing fast as tanks filled the tables. I had to make three trips to the stock area for more tables. The "Flea-market" table doubled in size as well. Willy set up his large tank depot and the dull roar of Maybach engine was ever present during the remains of the day. Tasha, Karen and Bill stopped by several times to meet the tankers and check on the battles. I know many guys bought new tanks and loads of parts from Karen and Tasha during the weekend. Dana and Randy and I each took turns running battles and no time was wasted in getting things off to a great start. We ran a wide variety of battles. Some senarios were new such as a all kids battle call the "Young Guns". We had a all James team in the four teams of four battles. It went four rounds so each team could rotate thru each of the 4 zones/corners. This 16 tankers battle series took over an hour and a half to run. Some videos of these have already been posted on youtube and more are coming from other tankers. Dana and Steve (AKA Shark27) put out a real nice video that put mine to shame.[]

Bob, NEAD CO

Name:	qn38519.jpg
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	1608197   Click image for larger version

Name:	mk27449.jpg
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	1608198   Click image for larger version

Name:	om33740.jpg
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	1608199   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35250.jpg
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	1608200   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id97149.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	1608201   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp34183.jpg
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	1608202   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xq44939.jpg
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	1608203   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55636.jpg
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	1608204  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82387.jpg
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	1608205   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ye84273.jpg
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	1608206   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64138.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	1608207   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je11079.jpg
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	1608208  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.