Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

GREAT Tank Extravaganza MORE New video added today 5-21-11

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

GREAT Tank Extravaganza MORE New video added today 5-21-11

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Green Amphibian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GREAT Tank Extravaganza MORE New video added today 5-21-11

You got that right! That had to be one of the top 5 weekends I've had so far. I really enjoyed myself meeting everyone and battling them, let alone all the other activities. Placing in the model contest didn't hurt my feelings either.

Herman
Old 05-18-2011, 08:13 PM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

I already started on a tank to bring next year - should I be seeking professional help for this...?

Old 05-18-2011, 09:31 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Martin, that's looking good! Your tanks were very nice. I can't wait til the next time we can all meet up!
Old 05-18-2011, 10:55 PM
Shark27

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Martin,
Looks good so far you have more conversions than most people have tanks and the ones that I saw all look great. Keep up the good work.
Well I finally got started editing the videos I shot and here is the first of many. This particular one starts out with a short clip of my smoking Tiger in town and then the first battle I shot on Friday.
More to come hopefully I will be able to put up the rest of Friday's video by this weekend.
We'll see. Enjoy!
Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPJ9zboC4io
Steve
Old 05-18-2011, 11:35 PM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: EOT

That's OK Herman,

I'm beginning too think maybe the RC guys that were there might be a little biased [img][/img]. I'll take it as a compliment and was happy to be there and feel welcomed by all. The group that gathered was very appreciative too all of us. As Karen said we were all winners. And I'll be more prepared next year with a few improvements on the uniform[img][/img] Thetbig thing was everyone had fun and it was a success!

Mike
Mikey,

I'm so glad your mom let you come over to play at our house. I hope we can have another playday soon.

Bobby
Old 05-18-2011, 11:55 PM
thecommander

ORIGINAL: Green Amphibian

You got that right! That had to be one of the top 5 weekends I've had so far. I really enjoyed myself meeting everyone and battling them, let alone all the other activities. Placing in the model contest didn't hurt my feelings either.

Herman
I agree Herman. Personally, for me it was one of the top two.

You did very well in the battles and your land skills are catching up to your amphibious skills fast. Be forewarned, I'm building a 1/16 scale magnetic mine to attach to your Tiger I. I have to pay you back for blasting the turret off my Panther at the bridge in town ( at the 7:12 mark on this video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx40AQRXAiQ ). The Tiger looks to be doing very well for you. How many kills did you get that weekend? [X(]

I look forward to playing with you again in June. Bob
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63080.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	1611184  
Old 05-19-2011, 12:10 AM
thecommander

Veru nice production, as usual, Steve. I'm sure Herman and Phil will really enjoy this video. I think this was Friday, just after lunch right? I like the pic of the JP at APG at then end. Have you been there yet? Maybe when you came up last November?
Old 05-19-2011, 12:15 AM
thecommander

Fantastic work Martin. That Panzer IV looks just like a Sherman now....WOW. Is this one of Otto Skorzeny's panzers made to look American like in the Battle of the Bulge? Great conversion! I hope you will return soon either with more of your DTC buddies or from across the pond.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:33 AM
Devildog0341Va

How in the heck did I miss CPL Dawson I didnt realize the history with him, and the fact that he can still fit in his charlie's. That was the thing with the extravaganza is that there is so much to do. I do have to say that it was rated in my top 3 in the fun I had and people I met, I really dont know about the money i parted with though LOL, Couldnt be a better group of people to meet up with and have fun.

Martin,your killing me man I know its going to look good, but I still love that KV2 best

Old 05-19-2011, 05:35 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good video Steve. Thanks for all the effort you put into doing this. You spent a lot of time videoing instead of "playing", and all of us appreciate being able to watch our tanks in action.

Great Job.

Dan
Old 05-19-2011, 01:19 PM
thecommander

It is easy to miss something Jim. Your head was probably spinning like a top trying to take it all in. Three days is not enough time...[&o]

Name:	Db84702.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	1611395  
Attached Images  
Old 05-19-2011, 06:00 PM
Green Amphibian

Steve that is some great video! I am so glad that you came and I hope you had fun also and not just a "bus drivers holiday" taking pictures!
Old 05-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

ORIGINAL: thecommander

Fantastic work Martin. That Panzer IV looks just like a Sherman now....WOW. Is this one of Otto Skorzeny's panzers made to look American like in the Battle of the Bulge? Great conversion! I hope you will return soon either with more of your DTC buddies or from across the pond.
OK, Stop that right now Bob! I already have built the Cafe behind one of Skorzany's Ersatz M10's, with plans to build the conversion - don't need to be contemplating 'what if' 'Ersatz Sherman's' on Panzer III chassis as well!! [:@]

you guys will be the death of me - so many ideas, so little cash... [&:]
Old 05-19-2011, 09:18 PM
Shark27

Bob, I went to Aberdeen back in August 09 when I was traveling on business,Ionly got to spend about 2 hours there so I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off try to see and get video of everything.
YHR, Thanks for the compliment I didn't mind shooting video instead of battling, the hard part was with so many tanks on the field I couldn't get video of all the battles in the different zones.
Now for your enjoyment here is the next part of Friday's battles. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLTWUns25MY
Steve
Old 05-20-2011, 06:16 AM
EOT

ORIGINAL: thecommander

ORIGINAL: EOT

That's OK Herman,

I'm beginning too think maybe the RC guys that were there might be a little biased [img][/img]. I'll take it as a compliment and was happy to be there and feel welcomed by all. The group that gathered was very appreciative too all of us. As Karen said we were all winners. And I'll be more prepared next year with a few improvements on the uniform[img][/img] Thetbig thing was everyone had fun and it was a success!

Mike
Mikey,

I'm so glad your mom let you come over to play at our house. I hope we can have another playday soon.

Bobby

Bobby,

Mom says I can come back once I save enough$$ to do so . Which means I need to quit buying new tanks
I like your house,it's much nicer than mine. Mom also says I have too take all the kitties next time as they seem
to have really bad attitudes.Especially with big green ugly things. Pics coming later

Mikey

The 3 nasty Kitties
#1 SPOT
#2 DOT
#3 STRIPE.................kEEP IT AWAY FROM WATER and NEVER FEED IT AFTER MIDNIGHT

Name:	Ca81783.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	1611667   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12810.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	1611668   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb75684.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	1611669  
Old 05-20-2011, 11:23 AM
manchu9inf

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Steve, Once again some great video! definitely is a must see!!

Will
Old 05-20-2011, 10:14 PM
Shark27

Thanks Will,
Here is the final video from Friday that I shot. I do have the on tank camera video from Friday yet to edit. ButI may start on Saturday's and Sunday's video first and save the on tank footage for all three days for last. Anyway here is the link to part 3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbXUPC08iSs
Steve
Old 05-21-2011, 05:57 AM
thecommander

Thanks for another fine video Steve. I hope you can make it back to Danville again soon. I wish you could get anther FLA tanker or two to share the drive and split the cost with. Can you make it for June or will we have to wait until the big November event? I look forward to seeing how your tank camera worked out. I'm thrilled with mine. Thanks for sharing it all with us. It is one of the best tools in our arsenal to show what this field is like to those who have not made the trip there yet.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:53 AM
Shark27

Bob,
I might be able to come back up in November, I'm not too worried about the cost unless gas goesa lot higher. This last trip was much cheaper than the first time, because I didn't buy a tank when I was there this time for the extravaganza.
I have barely started on the tank cam video yet so I am not sure of how it will turn out, but I'll post whatever I end up with.
I agree about the videos showing off the tank battles to draw people in, maybe if we can attract enough media attention to get covered by the news services more people will see it and get interested.I know the videos I saw up onYou Tube reallykind of sold me on getting a tank.
Besides this hobby is not any more expensivethan any other hobby, it just takes a little mechanical skill to keep the tanks running. So I think it could appeal to anyone who see's it, especially RC'ersthat are tired of crashing their RC airplanes or helicopters into the ground because a gust of wind caught it. I know I hardly ever crash my tanks anymore andnever because of the windandif I do crash it,I know there won't be much damage except to whatever I hit.
I'll try topost some of the video I shot on Saturday,this weekend.
Steve
Old 05-21-2011, 04:37 PM
Chow_Hound

Here's one of Will ... waiting for battle to begin. Then saying just take the stupid picture ...

Name:	Qo39195.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	1612370   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75718.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	1612371  
Old 05-21-2011, 07:09 PM
manchu9inf

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Jimmy,
Ha ha, good pics!
hope to see you in June, Marty and I will be coming up and we hope to see ya there!

Will
Old 05-22-2011, 03:52 AM
thecommander

You are luck to get to APG when you did. I'll do a post soon on our recent NEAD trip there. It is almost all bad news however.[&o][&o][&o]
Old 05-22-2011, 04:14 AM
thecommander

ORIGINAL: Shark27

Bob,
I might be able to come back up in November, I'm not too worried about the cost unless gas goes a lot higher. This last trip was much cheaper than the first time, because I didn't buy a tank when I was there this time for the extravaganza.[img][/img]
I have barely started on the tank cam video yet so I am not sure of how it will turn out, but I'll post whatever I end up with.
I agree about the videos showing off the tank battles to draw people in, maybe if we can attract enough media attention to get covered by the news services more people will see it and get interested. I know the videos I saw up on You Tube really kind of sold me on getting a tank.
Besides this hobby is not any more expensive than any other hobby, it just takes a little mechanical skill to keep the tanks running. So I think it could appeal to anyone who see's it, especially RC'ers that are tired of crashing their RC airplanes or helicopters into the ground because a gust of wind caught it. I know I hardly ever crash my tanks anymore and never because of the wind and if I do crash it, I know there won't be much damage except to whatever I hit.
I'll try to post some of the video I shot on Saturday, this weekend.
Steve
We would love to have you in November. It is the second biggest event of the year at the AAF Tank Museum. It would be great if you and Will/Marty could get the FLA and SEAD clubs back into the action. With the hobby expanding so fast I can't understand why they seen to have fallen by the wayside. AGE has been very quite lately, as well. I hope each one will revitalize soon since there are so many great guys in those clubs.

In case you can't tell, I really like promoting the hobby and the people who support the hobby (the AAF Tank Mus & the many fine vendors: Karen & Tasha, Bob, Will, Phil, Dave etc...). I am a volunteer at the Tank Extravaganza but I cannot help on the field work days. This is my way of making up for my being "Geographically Challenged". The pix and video bring the battle action into each tanker's home at the click of the mouse. Thank you for supporting these efforts with the video and pix. Mary & Randy, Dana & Sam, Willy, Jimmy Kuhn and I have been documenting these developements for years. It is nice to see how the field has grown in detail and diversity.

One of my earliest videos has over 11,000 hits and I wish it had the HD quality that we all enjoy today, back then. I plan on having three more "Tank-cams" for the June battle-weekend. I hope to have two tanks on each team fully equipped to capture the action. I'll then edit it all into one video during my vacation since I'll never have time otherwise. The video is a great venue for showing how realistc these tanks truly are. The tamiya tanks also hold their value more than any airplane.

Thanks again, Bob

Old 05-22-2011, 04:23 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I myself fall into that "Geographically Challenged" category and if we lived closer more scheduled events would be attended. Traveling 13 hours alone is a bit of a stretch.

Heck, there aren't many in this whole state (that I know of) that build AND want to battle these tanks.

- Jeff
Old 05-22-2011, 12:58 PM
thecommander

ORIGINAL: Panther F

I myself fall into that ''Geographically Challenged'' category and if we lived closer more scheduled events would be attended. Traveling 13 hours alone is a bit of a stretch.

Heck, there aren't many in this whole state (that I know of) that build AND want to battle these tanks.

- Jeff
Hi Jeff,
We had a great time with the Detroit Tank Club guys. Perhaps you can meet up with them next time and travel together. Several guys flew in to Greensboro, NC which is how I started. Check out cheaptickets.com for info. We have also had tankers come by Amtrack. I now drive the 525 mile from NJ and often finance my whole trip by selling my spare items and or tanks there. It is a nice bonus when you come back with more cash than you left with.

Bob, NEAD CO

PS I did a quick check for you and for example: for the Fri to Sunday June event leaving Indy to GSO for the flight, hotel and car it is about $550.

Try this link: http://www.cheaptickets.com/App/View...ue&z=1d86&r=qi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.