Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

SLU Box Contents

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 04:50 AM
Fireman Tim
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLU Box Contents

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVcZhpEqZLo&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

First in a series of videos on how to install the SLU in your tank.

(First shipment of SLUs are now on route to Canada from China)
Old 04-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Captain Action

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SLU Box Contents

Boy you get a lot of goodies in that system, and it looks like it all just pluges together. Ho and new motor leads too, thats a good idea.
I like what I see so far, cant wait to see how it goes together and works.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:55 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys are going tom have your hands full when Tamiya gets ahold of those sound files.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:06 PM
Glen B

Very nice, Tim.

I am watching this with a lot of interest.

I could see it going in one of my present tanks, or the next one I buy.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:08 PM
Captain Action

Hay Panther G ,no worries I was told that all the NEW units have updated sound files and not using the old recordings.
Now you can be a happy guy, with less anxiety. Its nice to know you care, I too was losing alot of sleep over the tank sounds.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:02 PM
thecommander

Look very interesting Tim..... How can I get one? Bob
Old 04-14-2011, 04:58 AM
Fireman Tim

Panther G,

Be careful on what accusations you make. We are fully aware of the copyright laws. We have worked with the manufacturer to ensure that the SLUs we are selling are using original sound recordings.

Bob,

you can contact me by email and please check out the website for more info.

[link]http://soundandlightunit.weebly.com/[/link]
Old 04-14-2011, 06:09 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, the only people you need to worry about are Ford and Maybach. They might be able to lay claim to the sound their engines make as being theirs. If the hobby goes that route through litigation, what a sad world we live in. Good thing these engines are all older designs from 60 years ago.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:32 AM
wright 971

Hi Recording sound tracks only have a Fifty year life(copyright).At least they do in England ,(some recording artists have challenged it and lost)Dame Vera Lynne Had a an album at No one and She didnt get any Royaltys, soon the early Beatles tracks will appear on those cheap lables.So I should imagine it stands for any sound track.

regards pete
Old 04-14-2011, 08:03 AM
Captain Action

Ho please YHR, like Ford cares, they dont, they are too busy making MONEY !! and cars. Thats their job, not toy tank noises.

I would also like to say that the RCU is a place where people come to discuss there FUN hobby, with like minded good people.
Not a fourm for old ladys to pick and poke ,whine and cry. So people consider carefully, are you having fun or whining??
Try having fun..you will feel better...and enjoy the hobby.

( By the way I would like to state that I did in fact whine in this post...sorry.)[&o]
Now back to New toys to have fun with.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:24 AM
YHR

ORIGINAL: Captain Action

Ho please YHR, like Ford cares, they dont, they are too busy making MONEY !! and cars. Thats their job, not toy tank noises.

I would also like to say that the RCU is a place where people come to discuss there FUN hobby, with like minded good people.
Not a fourm for old ladys to pick and poke ,whine and cry. So people consider carefully, are you having fun or whining??
Try having fun..you will feel better...and enjoy the hobby.

( By the way I would like to state that I did in fact whine in this post...sorry.)[&o]
Now back to New toys to have fun with.
?????
I don't think I whine, and have shared a whole pile of ways to have fun with RC tanks on this forum, so I hope those comments weren't directed at me.

Ever buy a diecast toy car. Licensed by Ford, GM, Ferrari or whoever will be stamped right on the box. They are very aware of the toy market. It is all about making a buck to some of these companies.

EDIT. To be fair they are their designs, and they do want them portrayed properely, so I do understand the licencing is not just about money. GM doesn't want a toy vette to look like a Maverick.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:41 AM
Baron Fel

ORIGINAL: Panther G

You guys are going tom have your hands full when Tamiya gets ahold of those sound files.
Ouch, un-called for.

Baron
Old 04-14-2011, 10:06 AM
Fireman Tim

Yes, the only people you need to worry about are Ford and Maybach. They might be able to lay claim to the sound their engines make as being theirs. If the hobby goes that route through litigation, what a sad world we live in. Good thing these engines are all older designs from 60 years ago.
Correct. The engine sounds themselves are not under copyright (as long as Ford and Maybach have not protected them under copyright laws). Harley Davidson does have their engine sound under copyright.

Tamiya's recordings of those tank engine sounds are protected by Copyright law.

As for Panther G's accusation that we are using recordings under copyright, it could be considered as defamation of character aka cyber-libel. There are people who are sued over such comments (that is not a threat, just a fact).
Old 04-14-2011, 10:30 AM
Baron Fel

Lets get this back on track, Ireally like this set up. How hard is it to put in?

Baron

Old 04-14-2011, 12:22 PM
Captain Action

YHR , Yes you have given us all a lot of good tips on R/C tank modification and so have many people on this site and I for one do thank you (all) for that. Thank You.

I was not picking on any one specific but I was making a comment that we are here to build tanks (any and all tanks ,not just tamiya) and have fun and the negative waves some time expressed on this site just brings the whole thing down .
I for one am vary happy to be part of a like minded group that can help one another with there projects and now that I am part of a small group of (IR/ air soft) tankers and can see how much fun there is to be had when battling in bigger groups, I hope others get a chance to experience that kind of fun too.

As for the SLU IR Tank unit, I have seen it in action ( for 5 hours) and this is a product that I am vary interested in and I do wish to learn more about it. It may not be for every one but It may be just what some of us are looking for. I for one wish to see more of the SLU, with less negative waves, if possible... Whoof whoof..
Old 04-14-2011, 12:30 PM
Fireman Tim

I really like this set up. How hard is it to put in?
I am making the installation video this weekend. From the one that I have seen in action, there is some soldering of connections to various motors that the user needs to do (ie left right track motors, turret traverse motor, barrel elevation motor, recoil/airsoft motor). As for the LEDs, they can be soldered to the connectors provided, or just inserted into the connectors and hot glued in place. Everything is has a quick disconnect.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:56 PM
mergen

From what I have seen and investagated,, EL-Mod may be in trouble unless they figure how to makethere unit a littlecheaper, and stopping making 2 or 3 at a time and blaming on the earth quake in Japan, PLEASE!
Old 04-14-2011, 01:51 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: mergen

From what I have seen and investagated,, EL-Mod may be in trouble unless they figure how to makethere unit a littlecheaper, and stopping making 2 or 3 at a time and blaming on the earth quake in Japan, PLEASE!
Dude, not for anything, but elmod is completeley different than the SLU and it is targeted at a different group. I myself am very into the elmod units and think they provide4 the best all around unit available.Try one and you'll see why.
I also believe that the SLU has a place among our hobby, as does YHR's new sound system. They all target a different crowd and that's what makes the hobby grow larger. Everything has its place.For you to knock ELmod for pric e, you should then be knocking Tamiya as well becasue they do not offer half the capabilities of Elmod and cost just as much. If yoiu have to knock a product on price alone, maybe you just can't afford the product.

Fireman Tim, do you have sounds available for the T-34 on the SLU package?
Old 04-14-2011, 02:23 PM
Panther G

I'm having a blast watching all this new stuff come out. settle down Tim, I'm just rubbing ya. It's a very nice system and i'm glad it is coming along as fast as it is. every contribution made only helps the hobby. I just have a different sense of humor than alot of people. Somehow it's always Canadians though and I aint figured that part out yet. LOL.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:26 PM
Eggman1965

My goodness who peed in your cornflakes Panther? You've been nothing but negative from the start regarding these things. I for one am happy to have another sound option besides DBU/DBC, ElMod and Tamiya. I like Tamiya too but I can't afford one right now and to my knowlwdge Tamiya does not own the rights to every digitized engine sound, just the recordings they made. So here's to more options and more people in RC Tank combat.

PS Have you contacted Tamiya to send them the sound files yet or are you waiting for the 'sound cops' to show up at Tim's door?

Old 04-14-2011, 02:32 PM
Eggman1965

I'm having a blast watching all this new stuff come out. settle down Tim, I'm just rubbing ya. It's a very nice system and i'm glad it is coming along as fast as it is. every contribution made only helps the hobby. I just have a different sense of humor than alot of people. Somehow it's always Canadians though and I aint figured that part out yet. LOL.
I retract my earlier statement. My sense of humour is somewhat similar actually.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:32 PM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Am I going to have to come to your houses and give you guy's a hug? Joe is first on the list by the way lol

Wade
Old 04-14-2011, 02:38 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

I need a hug.[]
Old 04-14-2011, 02:44 PM
YHR

Yes Lets get back talking about nice things. We know each other too well to be getting our panties in a knot. There are some exciting things being developed, and we shoudl all just be thankful.

The thing I noticed is that this SLU has a seperate ESC. I want one of those for testing with my sound card!!!!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 03:18 PM
mergen

Dont call me dude thats what punks call eacher other.I have The EL-mod and you havent tried these yet so how in the hell do you know so much, give it a chance. I ordered 2 of them DUDE!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.