Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Chrunchyhobo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HELP!!!!!

Not Sure I want to take it apart yet, I'm going to get a better battery and give that a go, and if that don't work I might send It back cos I only got it 1 week ago and they have free return shipping. Also the exhaust covers are smashed to ****, so I was planning to send it back anyways.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Chrunchyhobo

thank you torpedochief, i had a look at the rx crystal in the tank and i found that it wasnt in properly, so i gave it a push and, hey presto it works!

also, first i took the controller crystal out and now the red light on the controller wont light up. and my mate had some spare plastic exhaust covers so i wont have to send it back! yay!

and what do you think of elmod? is it easy to install?
Old 01-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Chrunchyhobo

Is it the brass 3:1 box? And do these easly fit in the hl tiger?

And I would like a opinion on these upgrades, wether I need them or not.

1. Aluminum lower hull

2. Water proofing

3. Impact gearbox housing and tamyia cogs and motor

4. Elmod

5. Aluminum road wheels
mato 3:1's drop right in. Require soldering of the old motor wires to the new motors included with the gearboxs.

Lower Hull : Ive been tempted, it comes sealed (again, Mato) from water already... Tempting! The money does lead you towards the "might as well buy Tamiya" end of things.

Water proofing : Do you run in the rain, or through mud and streams and stuff? :P

Old 01-04-2012, 12:20 AM
Chrunchyhobo

Torpedochief, started it up the next day, still won't function properly. And strato50, I found a aluminum hull here http://www.tankzone.co.uk/cart/hl_t1.htm but I'm not sure its waterproof.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:23 AM
MarkofZollo

Hi Crunchy,
I dont post a lot on here mainly browse it but thought id chime in . The guys on here are experts but you may want to try http://www.rctankregiment.com/rctankforum/index.phpfor info too as those guys are more local to you.If you need any parts contact memeber forgebear on rctr, he is a very helpfull vendor and gives great discounts to memebers.
The Mato metal stuff is just a metal remake of original HL design, I would reccomend this over it any day (plus cheaper!) http://www.welshdragonmodels.co.uk/a...cale-512-p.asp
Neither hulls are waterproof but it would probably be easier to do to Mato hull, I know there are people who have.
Always check ebay for bargains or ask around forums 'cos places like Tankzone relish the shortage of competition and maintain high prices!
Good luck mate, Dave

Old 01-04-2012, 02:00 AM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: MarkofZollo

Hi Crunchy,
I dont post a lot on here mainly browse it but thought id chime in [img][/img]. The guys on here are experts but you may want to try http://www.rctankregiment.com/rctankforum/index.php for info too as those guys are more local to you. If you need any parts contact memeber forgebear on rctr, he is a very helpfull vendor and gives great discounts to memebers.
The Mato metal stuff is just a metal remake of original HL design, I would reccomend this over it any day (plus cheaper!) http://www.welshdragonmodels.co.uk/a...cale-512-p.asp
Neither hulls are waterproof but it would probably be easier to do to Mato hull, I know there are people who have.
Always check ebay for bargains or ask around forums 'cos places like Tankzone relish the shortage of competition and maintain high prices!
Good luck mate, Dave

Wow, what a goldmine! Thanks for the link, ive been looking around for more pictures / details on asiatam hulls

At least on eBay (I know.. :P ) The Mato tiger metal hull is advertised as 'waterproof', i believe they supply rubber seals... Need to double check that!
Old 01-04-2012, 05:36 AM
Chrunchyhobo

Thanks mark, I'll check that out. Also any ideas on how to turn the commanders hatch would be much appreciated, I ran a sharp knife along it but it wouldnt budge so I had a look round the inside of the hatch and it is caked in glue.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:48 AM
Chrunchyhobo

I had a look at the asiatam hull and I saw it not full metal, the one I found is a full aluminum hull for just £5 more.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:57 AM
MarkofZollo

Ah, perhaps some of the 'kits' are waterproof then. I had asked a seller a while back and they said no its a straight copy of the plastic hull.
The Asiatam hull is metal inside with a plastic outer, it has torsion bar suspension though making it on par or near to the Tamiya set up. Plus has screw free access to the hull internals and a decent mounting plate for other gearboxes. However you have to get Asiatam wheels for it, its hit and miss fitting others.
Commanders hatch on mine was a bugger, solid with glue like yours I guess, had to run a knife round several times with a lot of force until the inside lip gave way. Managed to remove that from the outer and re-attach before glueing the hatch section in correct place. Might be worth getting inside the turret and pushing up on the inside hatch section top if you get me?! Good luck!
Old 01-04-2012, 09:43 AM
Chrunchyhobo

So its metal interior and plastic exterior and screwless access? I might invest in that if I can figure out the electrics, and if I can't I will probably take it back cos I shouldn't break in 5 days.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:16 PM
MarkofZollo

Exactly, the easy access is certainly usefull when you have to keep opening it (which you will lol). Sounds like a lose connection perhaps, these electronics can be a bit tempremental tbh. If you dont mind me asking what version (metal tracks, gbox etc?) did you get if it cost £100 and where from? Sending it back for replacement may be a good idea.
I have two of the batteries Glen recommended, great value for money for certain!
Cheers, Dave
Old 01-05-2012, 02:58 AM
Chrunchyhobo

its the metal tracks and gearbox version, and it was £100 (marked down from £200) at howesmodels.com.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:56 AM
MarkofZollo

Fair enough, that seems a good price these days, not the £200 though, cant believe some places try to get away with those prices! This is worse:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Heng-L...ht_4493wt_1163
Anyway, if your problem persists then send it back, it may be just loose wiring but it may never be right if you try to fix.
Good luck
Old 01-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Chrunchyhobo

Just followed the link, £309?!?!!! That is insane! And I think I will send it back, but no money back for me!, I am gettin a new one!

Some leccy probs won't put me off the rc tank world!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:34 AM
MarkofZollo

Yup that seller is serious, more worrying is the '13 sold' bit, who the hell did that?
There are worse ones, this guy calls himself 'cheapvendor'?! : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Panther-G-...ht_3244wt_1163
Not even got metal tracks!.
Yeah dont let it put you off, Tiger was my first tank my girlfriend got me one Christmas, went through six until I got a good one in mid Feb! And only after I told them to send in a larger box, they sent me a metre square box filled with foam sections, oh and a Tiger somewhere in there. Turned out it was thier test before sending it that weakened the idler making the mount crack off in the post, though a couple had duff gearboxes and one with half the details broken off.
Good luck mate, post pics
Old 01-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I cant believe they are actually trying/getting that kind of money. I dont remember seeing those kind of prices on Ebay here is it just a UK thing?
 You must be aware of the fact that You WILL need to Work on any HL tank. You can like it has been said go through many to get one that works fully like it should. Most that do have been thoroughly been improved by their owners. 
 As far as the hulls go the Asiatam is very good for the money and Im told the Mato is too for what it is. The Asiatam has a much better suspension system in it, that was the original improvement in the first place. The all metal Mato still uses the factory style with the little coil springs. Not much of an improvement as far as I'm concerned just to get an "all metal " hull.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Chrunchyhobo

Just followed the link, £500?!?!?! My iPods interwebs crashed in shock! I'd only pay that much for a preowned tamyia!

And if I have to go through six of em, the phrase nuts to this will be said and I will buy tamyia, but by then I might have saved enough for a 1/6 scale armortek full metal tiger (might be petrol engined) or a 1/4 scale mark-1-tanks tiger 1 (now thats a rc tank!) steel constructin, petrol engine and god knows what else!