Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Anyone having problems with profiline-models?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Anyone having problems with profiline-models?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 10:45 AM
Pzjgr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone having problems with profiline-models?

I ordered a Jagdpanzer IV/70 (V) from www.profiline-models.com on Feb 19, 2013 and it hasn't arrived yet. I have until March 19, 2013 to file a dispute with Paypal. Has anyone had any trouble with Stepan Stransky? Thanks.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:58 AM
karel47

Default RE: Anyone having problems with profiline-models?

not that i knowing of a mate of me ordered several times kits from him, alsoJagdpanzer IV/70 like yours , can you mail him, or track the package on the shippingnumber, it can be by the customs
Old 03-16-2013, 11:03 AM
Pzjgr

I wrote him an email and all he said is it was sent (just got the email today....). He didn't provide me with a tracking/shipping number when I ordered it or in the email. I'm worried that I'll be out $190.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:25 PM
Ronan87

You paid with Paypal right? Before the deadline, you put in a paypal claim to cover your butt.

That simple.

If it arrives, all is good, paypal takes no action.

If it doesn't arrive, paypal reimburses you (they will give it 'some time to clear custom/shipping delay/etc). But since you put a claim in before the deadline, you are able... to get your money back IF needed.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:55 PM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Shipping to the US from the EU takes 4 weeks minimum these days for anything bigger than a jiffy bag - you can blame US Homeland Security regs for that one...

As I said to the last person who raised this question on here - patience is a virtue. It took 6 weeks for the last kit I ordered from him to reach me, but I have never not received what I ordered and I don't know of anyone who has not got what he wanted.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:57 PM
Ronan87

Not true. From US to EU i would say yes but not the other way around.

Past 3 month, from Germany, UK, France and Italy, all my packages varrying from a small parcel (6 of them) to complete tanks/hull/large parts (that's 7 or 8 packages, big one's), took about a week. To be conservative... 10 days.

I think about 13 maybe 14 packages. I also never paid any extra shipping fee's, just the normal option from the websites/individuals.

Maybe the odd package will be slower (none of mine were) but it's deff not normal. He is shipping the slowest possible way or has a bad post station where he lives.

ORIGINAL: Ex_Pat_Tanker

Shipping to the US from the EU takes 4 weeks minimum these days for anything bigger than a jiffy bag - you can blame US Homeland Security regs for that one...

As I said to the last person who raised this question on here - patience is a virtue. It took 6 weeks for the last kit I ordered from him to reach me, but I have never not received what I ordered and I don't know of anyone who has not got what he wanted.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:05 PM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

I wasn't aware Canada was part of the USA...

I lived in Detroit for 6 years, shipping was 2-3 weeks in 2005, rising to 4-6 weeks by 2010 after the Fed-Ex toner cartridge bomb plot.

6 weeks is what it took for me to get the Panther D kit from Stepan. Similar wait times have been see in more recent times by others trying to get his Sherman kit.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:21 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

after the Fed-Ex toner cartridge bomb plot.

Please elaborate if possible? I lost 6 months of my life that year and that's a new one on me. []

~ Jeff
Old 03-16-2013, 01:29 PM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went through the same thing. Waited about a month until I emailed him, getting antsy with my options. It was sent then and received less than a week later. Shipping is fine and the casting is worth the wait.

His work is beautiful, but the service isn't. I have a feeling he pours the resin to order and isn't in a rush about. I know $190 seems like a lot, but good resin is expensive, he's not making much off the order considering the amount of work involved, there's quite a few flat, well casted pieces in the kit, no small feat.

It's weird with the Czech Republic, I used to import from all over the world, Australia, Europe, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Thailand and whenever I dealt with the CR, no matter which company I was dealing with, it was always in terms of months, not days or even weeks. Plus Model and Aber used to flat out tell you don't expect it anytime soon, even on stuff they had in stock.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:53 PM
Pzjgr

Thanks guys, I'll wait for it. Really want to do a Jagdpanzer IV.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:06 PM
Ronan87

The Canadian postal system (and customs) is even SLOWER than the US... So my point still stands... It's not normal, he is shipping slowly or there are issues with their postal services.

I lived 10 years in New York, i was getting things a lot quicker than here. Let's not even talk about packages from within US... 2 days from Texas -> NY.

Also i was never charged any duty when i lived in NY. Unlike here... nearly everytime (just got sting with a package from welsh... custom decided to go nuts on it, almost 40% of taxes and duty on a duty-free good...).

I wasn't aware Canada was part of the USA...

I lived in Detroit for 6 years, shipping was 2-3 weeks in 2005, rising to 4-6 weeks by 2010 after the Fed-Ex toner cartridge bomb plot.

6 weeks is what it took for me to get the Panther D kit from Stepan. Similar wait times have been see in more recent times by others trying to get his Sherman kit.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:24 PM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I know most on here live their lives in their own little bubble and are completely unaware of what’s happening in the next state let alone the rest of the world but in Europe especially east Europe Czech Republic is one such country is gripped with large amounts of snow this will affect post, in Hungry they are having to use tanks to clear roads, March is proving worse than January, here in Düsseldorf this week we have had snow 10-12 cm beep and temperatures of – 8 C and a high of 0C today has been very warm at +8C, he may be slow but no one has ever not received their parts.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:07 PM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

ORIGINAL: Panther F

Please elaborate if possible? I lost 6 months of my life that year and that's a new one on me.
~ Jeff
Christ Jeff, you need to trim that sig... [&:]

Around 2010 I think, after the Detroit "Panty bomber" episode anyway - there was a bunch of explosive packed toner cartridges shipped from Yemen (or Saudi?) - some were intercepted in Europe, but I believe some made it onto a plane bound for Chicago that was stopped before it arrived. I'm sure wikipedia has it on file - it was a big deal at the time, and shipping times from the EU went thru the roof as a result of the extra security precautions.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:17 PM
Ronan87

The Yemen Bomb Plot, i remember it. They stuffedPETN in an ink cartridge, in a printer, and wired in a cellphone to detonate it.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503543_1...80-503543.html

ORIGINAL: Panther F

Please elaborate if possible? I lost 6 months of my life that year and that's a new one on me.
~ Jeff

Around 2010 I think, after the Detroit "Panty bomber" episode anyway - there was a bunch of explosive packed toner cartridges shipped from Yemen (or Saudi?) - some were intercepted in Europe, but I believe some made it onto a plane bound for Chicago that was stopped before it arrived. I'm sure wikipedia has it on file - it was a big deal at the time, and shipping times from the EU went thru the roof as a result of the extra security precautions.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:46 PM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: rivetcounter

I know most on here live their lives in their own little bubble and are completely unaware of what’s happening in the next state let alone the rest of the world but in Europe especially east Europe Czech Republic is one such country is gripped with large amounts of snow this will affect post, in Hungry they are having to use tanks to clear roads, March is proving worse than January, here in Düsseldorf this week we have had snow 10-12 cm beep and temperatures of – 8 C and a high of 0C today has been very warm at +8C, he may be slow but no one has ever not received their parts.

Mine was in June.

I already stated it's worth the wait and he's certainly not getting rich off his efforts with the price of resin, so I assume it's a side job, probably a labor of love since his mold work is outstanding.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:05 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Probably not the case here, but I used to deal with a Czech company, MEGA motors. Great motors, not cheap.
If you had a problem with one, warranty or otherwise, didn't matter. You sent your motor to the US distributor, they held on to the stuff until it was worth shipping a bunch of them vs one at a time. MEGA would then do their thing, and then sit again on the items till it was worth shipping them in one shot vs one at a time, back to the US. The US distributor would then return them to you.

A 3 month wait was nothing to get one repaired.

Like said patience is something we've seemed to have lost with our gotta have it now way of life.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:09 PM
STO_118

It's not normal, he is shipping slowly or there are issues with their postal services.
I'm afraid it is normal, we have been receiving frequent delays to a lot of international destinations, including USA since the printer cartridge escapade. The reasons for these delays are fairly straight forward. In days past customs would security check containers, lots etc at random. Many items would just be passed through and not be checked or have duty charges applied.

These days everything that is sent that uses a courier company at destinationis checked, and due to the economy everything is being charged be that VAT, customs, clearence charges etc.

I would imagine profiline, Juckenburg etc all make the kits to order. There is very little point making up batches of everything in their catologue in the off chance someone may want to buy it. I received a kit from Profiline kit last week. From payment to delivery it was around two weeks.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:12 PM
Ronan87

I don't find it normal (maybe for CR, but not UK)... i JUST received a bunch of items from the UK extremely fast, and has always been for years. Not only from Welsh but London and Manchester.

Heck, last summer i received my 5 foot long/20 pound tugboat kit from UK in 4 days. Yes 4 days. I paid something like $60 of shipping too.

What i am talking about is UK/France/Italy/Germany -> US/Canada. Depending of the time of the year i live in New York or Montreal.
This is base on personal experience from the past few years, including very recently.

Around December, everything slows down of course (holidays).

I know for a fact (personal experience) shipping to Germany does take longer because of their custom, and apparently receiving from CR. Also receiving from anywhere into Canada usually mean duty and possibly slower custom (2-3 day extra).

ORIGINAL: STO_118

It's not normal, he is shipping slowly or there are issues with their postal services.
I'm afraid it is normal, we have been receiving frequent delays to a lot of international destinations, including USA since the printer cartridge escapade. The reasons for these delays are fairly straight forward. In days past customs would security check containers, lots etc at random. Many items would just be passed through and not be checked or have duty charges applied.

These days everything that is sent that uses a courier company at destinationis checked, and due to the economy everything is being charged be that VAT, customs, clearence charges etc.

I would imagine profiline, Juckenburg etc all make the kits to order. There is very little point making up batches of everything in their catologue in the off chance someone may want to buy it. I received a kit from Profiline kit last week. From payment to delivery it was around two weeks.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:59 AM
ksoc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased the M4A1 kit for the Matorro Sherman. It took a long time to ship. Went to PayPal to cover myself (time was running out to lodge a complaint), but Stepan at Profiline responded quickly, and I received the kit when promised. As noted elsewhere.the quality of the castings were first rate.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:48 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Nope. Don't drink, don't smoke (what do you do?)... but wish I could blame it on something like that.

I had a Parathyroid issue back then... and the PTH level was in the thousands. I couldn't recognize my wife, was forced in a wheelchair and basically couldn't make any decisions either. It took a long time to get back on my feet... even a brief time with a walker too.

But thanks for the info... I really didn't know about it nor could I do a search on something that had no name.

~ Jeff
Old 03-17-2013, 02:29 PM
STO_118

I don't find it normal (maybe for CR, but not UK[/b])... i JUST received a bunch of items from the UK extremely fast, and has always been for years. Not only from Welsh but London and Manchester.
I bow to your vast experience....actually no I don't. It is one of my pet hates when people write exactly what you just wrote. Your experience shipping and receiving items, is limited. I really cannot be bothered explaining things to people anymore so I will write some quick bullet points for you:
    [*]Different shipping companies have different shipping targets[*]Different shipping companies have different services[*]Different countries can have numerous shipping companies ranging from national/state to private companies[*]Different companies use different shipping methods as the default[*]When you receive your package can be dependant on something as simple as when it was posted on that particular day to what day it was posted[*]Then you have potential national delays from weather, accidents, depot delays, strikes, working hours. The UK and parts of Europe have had issues with all of those recently[/list]
    For the last 6 months we've experienced delays internationally, as have other businesses I have talked too. While the average was two to three weeks a significant percentage of packages were delayed between 5-6 weeks. One package to the USA took 9 weeks to arrive. I would expect we had around 30% of all international shipments delayed.
The dollar value of lost items, or items that were delayed for so long that I couldn't expect the customer to wait longer was around $1500. That is not including money lost through Paypal claims, time, materials etc. That value was from November to January only.

We have six different international services we use, the slowest supposedly 7-10 days to North America. If you received something extremely quickly it was sent using an expedited service. Most probably International Signed For or Airsure and even with these services we had lost or delayed mail to Germany and especially Russia.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:14 PM
Ronan87

I invite you to READ my posts before quoting them and commenting.

Since you like bullet points:
* I stated packages received from UK was very fast, from my experience, on numerous occasions (never signed any of them).
* Packages sent to Germany often take a long time and get lost.
* I too have lost a LOT of money in the past year when packages 'go missing'.

Honestly we can play this lame game all day and night, my point is that its NOT normal to have such delays. I have been lucky lately *knock on wood* with packages, and most of my issues are once packages are handed to Canada Post after they clear custom. It doesnt matter from where it comes, or the size, once its in Canada Post hands, it changes dimension.

I'm not trying to argue with you mate, you will see that i have a LOT of issues with UPS/Fedex and their ridiculous charges + packages vanishing (2 years ago my Breitling vanished on it's way back from a C&I...) but from my experience, i never had such issues of waiting WEEKS for items comming from UK/USA.

Now this is WAY off topic from the OP's original question/issue. I think we can agree to disagree base on our personal experience. Let's bring this back on topic

Cheers.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:58 PM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

YES BACK ON TOPIC:

6 weeks to the USA is usual for Profiline.