Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

VSX 1/72 Battle sets,Anygood?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

VSX 1/72 Battle sets,Anygood?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 07:14 PM
ProfitOfDoom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VSX 1/72 Battle sets,Anygood?

I seen these but didnt see a review of them,seen a few comments on youtube and some guy said they were crap and dont waste your money,True?
I thought it might be fun to battle with the family on the dining room table,What are your thoughts?
Old 03-19-2013, 04:31 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: VSX 1/72 Battle sets,Anygood?

Well, don't compare them to a 1/16 set of tanks but for the size and cost they're okay.

I have two of them... the Sherman M4A3 and the Japanese Type 97. They have rubber tracks and do turn left, right plus reverse and of course the turret turns both directions. They charge off the controller, which has like 8 or 10 AA Alkaline batteries.

The only NEGATIVE thing I have with them is that when they receive a hit the whole tank "wiggles" which is what I believe the 1/24th tanks perform and the early Heng Long tanks do as well.

Like I said, for the cost and the size... they're cool. If you're a tank enthusiast looking for something small and inexpensive. Most of those that comment that they're 'crap' or 'don't waste your time' are not tank enthusiasts.

But for 70 bucks they serve a purpose. They helped me get through so many dark and dreary winter days.

~ Jeff
Old 03-19-2013, 08:59 AM
Stince

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VSX 1/72 Battle sets,Anygood?

I have three of them, play with them all the time with the kids, especially on rain days.
They are a novelty, but can be fun. Out of the three that I have the Tiger is the best climber.