Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Hooben M1A1 and Leopard available Date

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Hooben M1A1 and Leopard available Date

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 05:57 PM
FreakyDude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hooben M1A1 and Leopard available Date

Hooben has offere a second quarter time frame on the M1A1 and Leopard 4 tanks. Once we get closer to the actual release date I am sure I'll get my hands on some pictures.
Looks like the 2013 year is holding up very well for us tankers.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:37 PM
mordock999

Default RE: Hooben M1A1 and Leopard available Date

GOOD! It about time someone made a M1A kit. Now if we can just get someone to make a T-72......,
Old 03-25-2013, 07:33 PM
Ronan87

If it looks good, performs good and the price is right...

I get one.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:56 PM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hooben and release dates, don’t hold your breath we have heard it all before, as the saying goes “seeing is beleavingâ€
Old 03-26-2013, 03:35 AM
karel47

right on mark, it has promised so much like maus etc

but let's hope the abrams comes out , i think it will sell good and the hooben kits aren't to bad in quality
Old 03-26-2013, 03:51 AM
Fury25

Hi All, thought I'd chime in as well.

We may be getting more than we are expecting - in a good way.

These is from emails sent to me not too long ago by Hooben:

"YES,Mekava will be the future pending project." - didn't specify which version of the merkava

and

"While M1A2,2A4 or Merkava,the photos will be OK in the late of April,and the product will releasing in the second half of the year." - year being 2013
Old 03-26-2013, 04:40 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

While any news of new releases is great I still wished we had seen the MAUS. Sure it's not as popular as an Abrams, Sherman or a T34 but stick to what you say you're going to release please.

~ Jeff
Old 03-26-2013, 05:37 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

ORIGINAL: Panther F

While any news of new releases is great I still wished we had seen the MAUS. Sure it's not as popular as an Abrams, Sherman or a T34 but stick to what you say you're going to release please.

~ Jeff
Agreed. I'm ( fill in appropriate whine here ) bummed that we apparently are not getting the Maus and E100 promised when we signed on board with the Elefant.

I'm going to state something that I'm sure will draw ire , fire and brimstone: I find Modern armor boring for the most part. Many nations have made the same studies, come to the same conclusions with regards to what makes an MBT. Example - how many tanks use Rheinmetall's 120mm gun? Modern tanks look alike to me. Any mechanical differences that might make them unique( and therefore interesting to me) like the turbine powered Abrams is lost in 1/16 scale( I gave serious thought to one in 1/8 - had even begun speaking to Wren Turbines about it). Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

What makes WWII and older tanks ( whether or not they made it past wooden mock up stage ) is they had something I can only describe as 'character'.

I hope sometime we yet might get at least the Maus...... Hooben? Yes, yes I know the numbers probably don't support it but where's your sense of corporate adventure?

Jerry
Old 03-26-2013, 05:56 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I know EXACTLY what you mean (without drawing out the haters), WWII armor has vertical armor and hard angles as the modern armor has a more streamline look about it. That's why most of them all look the same, and is also why I like the Challenger better than our own Abrams.

I still believe a Centurion or Chieftain would sell better than an Abrams but I wish Hooben luck as they have already cancelled 2 "releases".

~ Jeff
Old 03-26-2013, 09:16 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those of us that have been around a long time are jaded by all this "New release" stuff. Over the years we have seen so many good intentions turn into nothing more then vapour hardware. Even the HL Sherman is taking its time getting to the point of being called "released", as they had some issues with the first batch I understand.

I just sit back and wait with hope that this stuff will come to light, but I sure am not going to hold my breath waiting on it.

I personally like Mato's approach. Quietly develop, and then announce when the things are being packed in boxes.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:48 AM
heavyaslead

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

[/quote]

I'm going to state something that I'm sure will draw ire , fire and brimstone: I find Modern armor boring for the most part. Many nations have made the same studies, come to the same conclusions with regards to what makes an MBT. Example - how many tanks use Rheinmetall's 120mm gun? Modern tanks look alike to me.
Jerry
[/quote]

That's funny Jerry, I think the same about cars these days. Where is the character? The Chrome, hood ornaments?

So true.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:22 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Merkava has been one of their future projects from day one along with an Abrams & Type 99 that another well-known "toy manufacturer" beat them to the punch with.

Guess we'll see in due course later this year or 2014 or...
Old 03-26-2013, 05:47 PM
afv aficionado

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts

Talking about streamlined modern designs, how about a Swedish IKV 91 - with the original 90mm, not the out of balance looking later 105mm armed version - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infanterikanonvagn_91 -

Mal
Old 03-26-2013, 06:46 PM
FreakyDude

so by the looks of this board peeps ain't going to believe anything till a kit shows up somewhere. Fair enough I guess

Old 03-26-2013, 09:30 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

I've known their laoban a lot longer than anyone on this board so, no, I wouldn't get your hopes up until you have an actual kit in hand.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:59 AM
karel47

would be nice if someone brings out a descent M18 Hellcat, it was the fastest tank on the WOII battlefield and designed to kill tanks this into 1/16 would be awesome
Old 03-27-2013, 08:20 AM
Ronan87

I think it would help to see prototyping pics and whatnot.

That's what Bandai does... 'except this kit in X months, here are 3-4 pics of the prototype'. Usually primed in light grey.

ORIGINAL: FreakyDude

so by the looks of this board peeps ain't going to believe anything till a kit shows up somewhere. Fair enough I guess