Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

DMD or T0-*

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 01:27 PM
Rustytrax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DMD or T0-*

I have tank that can be killed everytime I bench test it, but durring battle it takes a few hits then resets but never accumulates more damage. The apple(s) will indicate hits and the sounds do function.

Is it the DMD or the t0- unit?
Old 04-18-2013, 01:48 PM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: DMD or T0-*

Are you positive the two selection switches are correct?

I somehow tripped one once and had the Indestructable Tiger for a while. It took hits but was the RC battlefield equivalent of the energizer bunny. I think I had to go through the set up protocol to correct it afterwards too.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:22 PM
Rustytrax

I tried the reset but I never got the light sequence the manual says should happen.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:27 PM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Rustytrax

I have tank that can be killed everytime I bench test it, but durring battle it takes a few hits then resets but never accumulates more damage. The apple(s) will indicate hits and the sounds do function.

Is it the DMD or the t0- unit?
The MF units handles that function via the apple. Check all the wires for chaffing (especially the TBU) and make sure the apple is secure in the base. That is why the have a metal locking system. Does it display hits on the apple but not record them as damage on the MF unit? One of the safeguards in the TBS is that it cannot give or record hits w/o the apple. If the apple is lights when hit and the wires and connections & wires (Comm cable too) are all good and you have good charged batteries (Helpfull Hint: Low batteries cause the majority of all tank electronic issues) then the MF is the likely culprit. I know you have several Tamiya tanks Troy. Try swapping apples and then swap in another MF. The MF unit numbers do not matter for this purpose. To further isolate the problem is you can also put the suspect units in a good tank to see if the problem in just in one component or more. Call me tonight if you like. I am finishing a Tiger and M26 for customers and will be up late.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:32 PM
Rustytrax

I have a pershing MF in the m51t now but bench testing never could duplicated the issue. It only happens during a multi tank fight while moving and shooting. I was just checking to popular opion to see if I replaced the correct item (the expensive one lol)

As fate would have it I'm off to dallas this week and the battle is next weekend.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:44 PM
thecommander

DMDs are usually more costly than MFs. Send it back to Tamiya and advise them this is an intermitant issue. Send them video of the problem if posible.

PS I mailed out Futaba radio parts to you. I will have NIB Futaba 2.4 GHz "tank ready" radios at Brett's. So don't worry if you don't get back in time to install them, I will swap you a tank ready radio for the one you bought from me at Danville. I just got a shipment of 15 Futaba radios in last week. Either way...I got you covered pal.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73568.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	1873453  
Old 04-18-2013, 07:53 PM
bowlman

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts

Could having MF Unit set for test mode cause this ? .

Thanks
Jimmy
Old 04-18-2013, 08:26 PM
thecommander

ORIGINAL: bowlman

Could having MF Unit set for test mode cause this ? .

Thanks
Jimmy
Troy said he already checked the dip switches and ran set-up.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:34 AM
heavyaslead

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Another thing to be aware of:

Switching apples or plugging and un-plugging apples while the power is still ON can cause some anomolies with hits and firing.

My experience has been with an invulnerable tank that can take hits but never die. I had installed the apple while the power was ON. Shutting down and restarting cured the problem.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:38 AM
heavyaslead

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

I believe HEAT did some glitch resetting trials and replicated a reset if a partial fire signal or partial fire signals from multiple tanks arrive at the detector.

Again registering hits properly is mainly attributed to partial voltage on the battery.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:41 AM
Rustytrax

I think I may have damaged the Multi function some time ago when I switched the modes with the power on.
The issue only seems to happen when I'm moving, shooting and taking hits at the same time.
I never install or remove the apple with the power on.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:15 AM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just wondering what MF and DMD combination you are having issues with?

If I recall, a DMD T-08 goes with either the MF-06 (KV and JS tanks) or MF-07(M51) and a DMD T-06 goes with the MF-03 (Pershing).
Old 04-19-2013, 02:16 PM
Rustytrax

I had issues with a MF-07 T0-8. I'm switching to all Pershing units since I have a t0-6
Old 04-19-2013, 06:22 PM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You might try swapping out the MF you suspect for another one you know is good, just to be sure that's the problem.