Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

New guy needs help with Heng Long tanks

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New guy needs help with Heng Long tanks

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 04:35 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tenabre
Hello Kanyhalos,

No, when I push forward it goes left, reverse turns it right, left makes it go forward and right reverse... it worked perfectly with the original nylon gearboxes.

Hello Roboticus,
I think that something is messed up in the gearbox motors (there are two, one left, one right) as it was working fine before I installed the two new ones. I made sure that I wired per the MATO instructions and actually used the same wires so they did not even get removed from the CPU. No it is completely dead, I have charged the battery but no life in any of the electronics, so it may even need new switches. I asked about the Clark TS2 as if I am going to change the board is it better to use the opportunity to upgrade it at the same time?

Thanks for the advice to all of you, it is appreciated.
When you upgraded the gearboxes you ended up with one more counter revolution in the setup. The issue is in the wires to the motors and the plugs to the RX 18. Try switching left to right and see what happens. IF this doesn't get you back on track, then you may have to swap the motor leads on one motor.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:45 PM
Kanyhalos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, there isn't really a reason for charging it inside. I don't want to destroy my tank either. But the asiatam lower hull comes with a built-in charging socket and its comfortable to use it, and I didn't think they are selling dangerous things. NiMH batteries are in many devices, like cell phones etc, and we always charge them without removing from the device. So it sounded logical to follow the tech of rctank.de stuff as I don't have any LiPo batteries.

http://www.rctank.de/PANTHER-G-METAL-LOWER-HULL

http://www.rctank.de/Fast-loader-cab...tal-lower-hull

As you can see, they sell that charging cable with the exactly same connector what I fabricated yesterday.

But yeah it also has the standard tamiya plug. It is very easy to remove the upper hull to gain access to the battery anyway. There is a quick unloader handle on the bottom of the tank, one movement and the upper hull is ready to be removed. The whole process is just really a couple of seconds.
Also I keep the stock NiCd for spare battery. I didn't want to spend more money because soon I'll have to spend it on my car, annual repair and a few things to be fixed.

But this is also an opportunity to learn new things about electricity.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:57 AM
Kanyhalos

Sorry guys if sometimes it seems I don't listen to you. It is not true. I'm just a practical orientated person and I like to try different things before making a final decision.

My next step is to learn how to use the charger. It has a lot of options.
Old 03-28-2015, 01:29 AM
Kanyhalos

Charging the battery.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20150328_002.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	2084612   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20150328_004.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	2084613  
Old 03-28-2015, 02:28 AM
Kanyhalos

Took approx 75 mins to fully charge the battery. I'm curious how long playtime it will grant.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:50 PM
sergeantseabass

Should get 40-60 min. This will all depend on how much load/strain you put on the drive system, how many time you fire, use machine gun, etc, etc... But a 4600 should yield you pretty decent run times. the next time you charge you battery you should have a slightly less charge time. the first is always the longest. (So no woman ever!!!) Sorry i couldn't help myself on that one! I see an open door and i just have to walk through it, even if I opened it.
Old 03-29-2015, 03:50 AM
Kanyhalos

I have a problem. I decided to replace the AA batteries in my transmitter, and since then I can't even turn it on. The red led doesn't light up and it's not doing anything.
It worked fine with the previous batteries, which were exactly the same type that I just purchased. The reason why I decided to replace them because I noticed that the control range of the tank is decreased while the NiMH battery pack in the tank is almost full charged. I checked the crystal in the socket as well, and its properly seated all the way.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:06 AM
Kanyhalos

The transmitter is back in service, but the control range is reduced to like 5 meters. What the hell is going on?
Old 03-29-2015, 06:23 AM
Kanyhalos

I don't exactly know what happened. But I realized that my battery is overcharged to 8.8V and I discharged it to 7.2V, and after that the range became approx 20-25 meters, the longest the tank ever performed.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:06 AM
Kanyhalos

My tank is awesome, I'm lovin' it. Everything is fine, it is very robust. I drove it for half an hour after rain in muddy grass. No issues so far. I learned that going full metal is a must, not an option.
Old 10-23-2017, 12:43 PM
tanker2424

I am new here so bear with me I got a Heng Long 1/16 snow leopard panther 3819 and I cant get it to run I charged the battery nothing turns on it was working before please need help thank you
Old 10-23-2017, 12:53 PM
tanker2424

its all upgraded I just cant figure it out also my hl tiger 1 all upgraded when I turn it on it goes by it self without me controlling it
Old 10-23-2017, 12:58 PM
phordman

how long was the tank setting ?
how did you verify the battery was charged ?