Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Heng Long Tauch Panzer III Question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Heng Long Tauch Panzer III Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 12:55 PM
MM1_TB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heng Long Tauch Panzer III Question

I have a Heng Long Tauch Panther III and I want to convert it to 2.4 Ghz, and put in sound. Where is the best place to buy supply's, and what will I need?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-01-13 16.24.35.jpg
Views:	736
Size:	4.01 MB
ID:	2142092  

Last edited by MM1_TB; 01-17-2016 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-17-2016, 02:34 PM
Tanker 10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MM1_TB
I have a Heng Long Tauch Panther III and I want to convert it to 2.4 Ghz, and put in sound. Where is the best place to buy supply's, and what will I need?
It all depends what you want. If you have the older Heng Long electronics, you can purchase a new transmitter and MFU from a supplier of Heng Long electronics in 2.4 gig. You could also install a Taigen 2.4 gig system available from IMEX/Taigen. Also, there are many after market boards that offer much better sounds but require a hobby grade radio. Some of the boards I'm speaking are Clark, IBU2, ASP, and Elmod. Some examples of hobby grade radios are Turnigy, Futaba, Spectrum, and Tamiya. My Heng Long Sherman runs on Taigen electronics. Most of my Taigen tanks I have converted to IBU2 boards and Futaba transmitters. Hope this helps get you going in the direction you want to go.
Old 01-17-2016, 03:11 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Hi, and welcome aboard. Good looking tank! I also have a Tauchpanzer and I have it on the Taigen 2.45 GHz system and I love it. Such a great little tank. I put on metal tracks, sprockets, idlers and it has brass dual ratio gearboxes with 380 motors.

I sent you a private message, so check your inbox.
Old 01-18-2016, 12:30 AM
Strato50

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There are many answers to this question so I'll keep things as short as possible :P

If you're already familiar with hobby-grade radios, like any aircraft radio, you're ahead of the game. Drop in a Clark board (I happen to like them), or any of the other boards mentioned by Tanker depending on what you're into, and you'll be driving around in no time.

I wouldn't recommend 'upgrading' to the Heng Long 2.4ghz system for the sake of having 2.4ghz alone. It's really a crap radio system, it is actually worse than the old 27mhz. There is no proportional steering, it's impossible to handle your tank at anything approaching scale look. It's very toyish.

Favourite vendors include http://www.artistichobbies.com , http://stores.ebay.ca/THE-RC-DYNASTY , HobbyRaw (china, often free shipping), Welsh Dragon models (UK), RcTank.de (German, best quality & service), OzArmour & TankArmy (both Australian)
Old 01-18-2016, 05:05 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

I would agree that installing a Heng Long 2.4 wouldn't really be an up grade, but the Taigen 2.4 system is much better and a lot of guys (myself included) think it's perfectly fine for an airsoft tank. It's a cheap way to get rid of the RX-18 (or any of the previous boards) and the eye poker antennae.

On the other hand, I've been installing IBUs and TK22s and Asps just as fast as I can get my grubby little mitts on 'em.