Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

ASP2, IBU2 or IBU3 Recommendations and opinions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

ASP2, IBU2 or IBU3 Recommendations and opinions

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 11:22 PM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Alaa74
RAD
I already bought the IBU3 with a turnigy 9x, I took Gary's advise, it's my first hobby grade board and I am new to rc tanks.
it was so easy for me to go through the IBU3 manual to learn how to program the board before even getting it, with ASP I will be lost between forums and youtube.
for a new guy like me I don't know if my 9x will need a special firmware to work with ASP or special update or even special customization, I don't know how to program the board through the radio.
I know kevin is there whenever you need him but asking for a video or tutorial for every issue I will face is not easy for me, with the limited time I have and the lack of knowledge for ASP and RC tanks it will take me forever to enjoy my tank or hobby grade board.
I think creating a manual with pictures for a product that will cost me around 200$ is a must no matter how great I am with rc tanks.
if I make a product I shall keep in mind that it will be used by well experienced tankers and others with low voltage (experience).
again from what I've seen on youtube ASP is the smoothest and close to I real tank driving.
ASP is far way from being user friendly.
it was a pleasure to talk to you.
regards
I knew you were going to take the IBU route since the beginning, no matter how superior the ASP was.
Anyway I ABSOLUTELLY agree with you that a manual would help people A LOT, but the thing is what you really need is not an ASP manual. It is a radio manual. In the link that I showed you several times it says what you need to trigger in the radio. (I mean +100 signal en channel 5 for example) but every radio is different so I think he can not do a manual for every radio out there.

The 9x is a very good radio. The Radio that you saw in my videos is the Flysky th9xb (The original radio that hobbykings sells rebranded as the 9x) And yes, you need a special firmware to this radios. The stock firmware is so outdated that is a real pain in the ass. It is impossible to get anything except very basic tasks with it. Most people installs another software or even fits upgraded boards inside the radio like me, and some other people take the easyer route of buying a Turnigy 9xr PRO which comes with the same software that people installs in the 9x.

Again, I recommended you that radio, and also told you that Kevin sells it in his store, updated and with the ASP template, so the only thing you needed to do was to turn everything on and play. If you already had your radio you can download the templates from his forum, so I think that pretty much covers the manual stuff.

Of course I understand that at the beggining it sounds like chinesse, and might be too much info to digest, but I see it from another point. Its like going to the graduation dance party and to see two single ladies, one very beautifull and nice and the other is an ugly fat lady that nobody wants. Then, you want to dance with one. Some people might choose the fat one, because you think it would be easier and she wont say no.

But I would begin with the real nice one, because courage and a bit of effort usually brings a better reward. Please, hope nobody gets offended here, that is just a way for trying to explain my feelings better.

Said that, Im sure you will enjoy the Ibu like I did. Dont forget to upload some videos when you have it.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:03 AM
sollie

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Alaa74
Thanks Sollie
i like your videos.
I've. Noticed that you use the hobby king radio al the time! Have you tried the turnigy 9x? And is there a difference in the control and the sensitivity of the sticks?
regards
Look from 1,54 min and 2,46 min . MIND YOU , this is With the PDSGB Gearbox installed , and not regular 4/1 that the tank came With Stock .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ0ZUGocO5g
Old 11-02-2016, 02:44 AM
superrod
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alaa I am with Rad on this one. How the tanks drive is more about the radio than the board. You need to learn your new radio in and out. The settings you use for EPA, speed, exponent, channel assignment, mode all will factor in on the way they drive. A good board is important but how and what you tell the board is what makes it go.
Jimmy