Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Taigen Black Friday Weekend Sales! Happy Tanksgiving!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Taigen Black Friday Weekend Sales! Happy Tanksgiving!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 09:35 AM
RichJohnson

Received 375 Likes on 239 Posts

I talked to Erik. The 76 kit does not have transmissions in it.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:14 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Yea sorry guys! With the holidays I was set back a bit and we had a small emergency here at our warehouse and are down one person in the shipping department. We have filled it already but I am a bit slow to respond to everyone as I am helping with the newbie as well.
The Shermans do not come with gearboxes but the shafts will be in hopefully next week. I will add an entry for the Sherman gearboxes, most likely in the TAG14000S/TAG14010S parts to include Sherman shafts as an option (not 100% sure on how I'm going to do this yet). Technically the 48mm shafts will work, but the drive wheels extend out a bit and it can cause the 76mm tracks to kink a bit so I do not recommend it.
Also yes the RCU messaging system sucks lol, I didn't get anything about gearboxes. I actually only got a warning from posting this. We tried to pay for some advertising but admins here on RCU are pretty bad and wont get back in contact with you no matter how much money you want to drop on the site. I am seriously considering a forum move
Old 12-08-2016, 12:49 PM
Cruiser133

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
Yea sorry guys! With the holidays I was set back a bit and we had a small emergency here at our warehouse and are down one person in the shipping department. We have filled it already but I am a bit slow to respond to everyone as I am helping with the newbie as well.
The Shermans do not come with gearboxes but the shafts will be in hopefully next week. I will add an entry for the Sherman gearboxes, most likely in the TAG14000S/TAG14010S parts to include Sherman shafts as an option (not 100% sure on how I'm going to do this yet). Technically the 48mm shafts will work, but the drive wheels extend out a bit and it can cause the 76mm tracks to kink a bit so I do not recommend it.
Also yes the RCU messaging system sucks lol, I didn't get anything about gearboxes. I actually only got a warning from posting this. We tried to pay for some advertising but admins here on RCU are pretty bad and wont get back in contact with you no matter how much money you want to drop on the site. I am seriously considering a forum move
I don't blame you at all on the forum move. I have been on the Euro alternative more lately because of the glut of ads that pop up all over my screen here which slow my load times. I totally get making a buck to run a business, but give me a break...
Old 12-08-2016, 01:09 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

It's kinda sad that the administration will warn you for this yet bombard us with advertisements every time you blink an eye. The one that scares me is when I log in to the site and I get a message that asks if I want to open the file from some advertiser. I always immediately close the window when that happens, but I'm pretty computer-stupid so I'm overly paranoid about that. I think this site has infected my PC on more than one occasion.
Old 12-08-2016, 01:16 PM
Crius

Originally Posted by Cruiser133
I have been on the Euro alternative more lately
I'm also a forum member at one of the British RC Tank Forums and there are some really, really cool guys there, but lately guys have been getting banned and it's got me a little gun-shy. We all know I gotta mouth on me and a quick temper to boot, so lately I've been doing a lot of reading on that site, but no posting. Until Erik said he was warned I didn't think anyone from admin paid any attention at all to this forum. I've never even heard of anyone being banned from RCU, but I've definitely seen behavior that would warrant at least a public warning, if not expulsion. I've been guilty of misbehavin' myself, but I don't think I've ever done anything that I should be banned for. I'm sure there will be those that disagree with that statement.
Old 12-08-2016, 05:16 PM
Pcomm1.v2

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Crius
I'm also a forum member at one of the British RC Tank Forums and there are some really, really cool guys there, but lately guys have been getting banned and it's got me a little gun-shy. We all know I gotta mouth on me and a quick temper to boot, so lately I've been doing a lot of reading on that site, but no posting. Until Erik said he was warned I didn't think anyone from admin paid any attention at all to this forum. I've never even heard of anyone being banned from RCU, but I've definitely seen behavior that would warrant at least a public warning, if not expulsion. I've been guilty of misbehavin' myself, but I don't think I've ever done anything that I should be banned for. I'm sure there will be those that disagree with that statement.

I hear u LOL. About every fives years I get warned for meanly spreading truth.

And the Erik's IMEX Taigen Jagdtiger Black Friday Deal arrived and it is magnificent!

John

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jagdtiger-2.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	2192777  

Last edited by Pcomm1.v2; 12-08-2016 at 10:22 PM.
Old 12-09-2016, 06:30 AM
Imex-Erik

I don't blame you at all on the forum move. I have been on the Euro alternative more lately because of the glut of ads that pop up all over my screen here which slow my load times. I totally get making a buck to run a business, but give me a break...
I really like the community here at RCU. I know a bunch of people are on RCG as well but it is hard for me to manage two accounts in two places if you know what I mean. I average 100+ emails a day sometimes and I do my best to make sure all are taken care of personally if possible.
It's kinda sad that the administration will warn you for this yet bombard us with advertisements every time you blink an eye. The one that scares me is when I log in to the site and I get a message that asks if I want to open the file from some advertiser. I always immediately close the window when that happens, but I'm pretty computer-stupid so I'm overly paranoid about that. I think this site has infected my PC on more than one occasion.
Yea well technically I did break the rules so I guess I understand, it just took a bunch of PMs afterwards to finally reach someone that would respond and help with the issue. I've asked for a "Vendor" or "Vendor Updates" kinda sticky so the all the tank vendors here can post updates, news, sales, and such without making a new thread but it falls on deaf ears unfortunately
I did bring that up that we have no mods watching here but the instant our thread makes the front page I got a warning from a mod not even in our section. Its ok, once again I understand the rules, I just wish we could get a vendor section like on RCG or a sticky I can post and update without bothering those who do not care. I think it would be great for us vendors to talk with you guys more.
Originally Posted by Pcomm1.v2

I hear u LOL. About every fives years I get warned for meanly spreading truth.

And the Erik's IMEX Taigen Jagdtiger Black Friday Deal arrived and it is magnificent!

John

I'm glad you like it my friend! Did you notice the a bit extreme packing? I know some of my RCU members by now, I usually double pack them Make sure to leave me your RCU names when you order guys! The Jagdtiger is such a good tank, it drives so smooth.
OH and while I'm at it.... I just MIGHT be working on some Xmas deals so make sure to sign up for our newsletter. I know I can't get in trouble for that!
Old 12-09-2016, 02:50 PM
Imex-Erik

For those of you on our newsletter you should be getting something shortly if not already
Once again RCU failed us and the sales rep did not call so I cant post details without getting in trouble. However, you guys know where to look and go. Our FB will have more details as well, it is a SHAME I can post more details there than here on a dedicated tank forum. You guys know how much I personally care about you guys and do everything I can but this is getting bad. If I get a temp ban then you all know why!
Old 12-09-2016, 04:02 PM
Crius

If there are any moderators reading this thread/post, I, as a forum member, WANT IMEX/TAIGEN TO HAVE A REP ON THIS FORUM. I WANT TO KNOW WHEN THEY HAVE NEW INFO CONCERNING MY HOBBY.

By preventing Erik, as well as Rona, the Mato Tank rep, from telling us what's going on at their respective companies you are having a negative impact on my hobby experience. I respectfully request that this decision be reconsidered, or at least put to a poll. At a minimum there should be a sticky thread where vendors can post info of interest to us, THE FORUM MEMBERS!!
Old 12-09-2016, 04:42 PM
Cruiser133

If there are any moderators reading this thread/post, I, as a forum member, WANT IMEX/TAIGEN TO HAVE A REP ON THIS FORUM. I WANT TO KNOW WHEN THEY HAVE NEW INFO CONCERNING MY HOBBY.

By preventing Erik, as well as Rona, the Mato Tank rep, from telling us what's going on at their respective companies you are having a negative impact on my hobby experience. I respectfully request that this decision be reconsidered, or at least put to a poll. At a minimum there should be a sticky thread where vendors can post info of interest to us, THE FORUM MEMBERS!!
We should just start an out of control flame war as that MAY get the mods attention. Pcomm is pretty good at this... LOL
Old 12-09-2016, 07:43 PM
Pcomm1.v2

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

We should just start an out of control flame war as that MAY get the mods attention. Pcomm is pretty good at this... LOL
Boy trouble is Cruiser133's middle name.

What me, no way! I am a nice guy and, really, that hurts my old guy feelings. I rather enjoy the multitude of modelers on rcu tanks. Everyone deserves a special point of view and I almost respect that ideal, unless it is just stupid.

Plus, I shouldn't say anything positive about Tamiya rc tanks. Why? The tank forum is only for Heng Long rc tanks or so I was told by some official rcu dude. Since I have proven to have bought a few HL's, I think I can safely say they are still fun and I love to kit bash them a bunch.The person didn't say anything about plugging IMEX Taigen rc tanks though, so I will offer an unpaid endorsement.

The thing is, IMEX Taigen does the Heng Long rc tank thing so much better, so thank you Erik.

A few of my current and past HL IR Tamiya Terrors.

Merry Christmas, John

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Abrams-3.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	2192874   Click image for larger version

Name:	ZTZ98-Right.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	2192875   Click image for larger version

Name:	1 Sherman-75-LR.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	2192876   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pz3.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	2192877  
Old 12-09-2016, 09:53 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

There is a moderator now who has heard your concerns. Let me clarify. A user reported two threads for advertising that violated the community guidelines. A moderator reviewed the threads and asked the posters to stop doing it. An infraction was given, which is little more than a record that the incident occurred. The timing of the moderator contact was based solely on a member of this group asking for the community standards to be enforced.

Crius-I see you are getting the pop up ads asking you to install things are not from RCU. Threads happen from time to time about them, and it is always some sort of ad ware on your computer that causes it. A good anti-spyware/adware app should fix it.

And for those who are concerned about being banned, don't be. No one that I know of on this forum is in danger of being banned, and no one gets banned out of the blue unless it's a mistake. If you aren't clear on what is and isn't ok on RCU, have a look at the community guidelines. If there are still questions, the moderators are always glad to clarify things.

I hope you guys all have a nice Christmas, and I wish Imex-Eric the very best for his business. He's a class act and an asset to RCU and to the hobby.
Old 12-10-2016, 06:05 AM
Imex-Erik

Thanks Jester_s1, you are the one mod I do like
I'm sure a solution will be found in time. Thanks all for the words again! I'll make sure X-mas is a good one this year! I just got some new pictures btw guys.... I trying to see if I can share them...
Old 12-10-2016, 08:34 AM
Imex-Erik

Thanks Jester_s1, you are the one mod I do like
I'm sure a solution will be found in time. Thanks all for the words again! I'll make sure X-mas is a good one this year! I just got some new pictures btw guys.... I trying to see if I can share them...
Update!! January 1st it will be announced
Old 12-10-2016, 09:26 AM
RichJohnson

I think this is a really great forum to interact with Imex and manufactures like clark, mato and Jerry that distributes the IBU. I do wish Mato was on here more often...
Old 12-10-2016, 11:45 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by RichJohnson
I think this is a really great forum to interact with Imex and manufactures like clark, mato and Jerry that distributes the IBU. I do wish Mato was on here more often...
Hey did you get my last email on the Sherman btw about the shafts? Until they come in I don't mind pulling a set for our RCU members, I can even pair them with a new gearbox if you need. I'll be back in the office on Monday if you want to give me a call.
Old 12-10-2016, 12:17 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

BTW Erik... any after Christmas Day/End of the Year sales gonna happen? Totally had to miss out on turkey day savings.

Like, with that Jagdtiger for example?

(I mean, I do need to get something I want for Christmas too)

Jeff
Old 12-10-2016, 12:30 PM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by Panther F
BTW Erik... any after Christmas Day/End of the Year sales gonna happen? Totally had to miss out on turkey day savings.

Jeff
Well.... I'm sure I can make a few suggestions to bossman I'm planning on doing more sales next week so.....
Oh and a teaser on the Jan 1st tank.... it is a nice thick metal hulled tank, just like the Sherman and Leo
Old 12-12-2016, 10:59 AM
RichJohnson

I have to wait now on the 76 kit. I tradded my spare tamiya chassis to a friend now that is going to order a 76 kit after christmas and build the ez8 I was planning.
Other priorities have come up.
Old 12-13-2016, 04:15 PM
ROLLIN ARMOUR

I missed that Jagdtiger sale. I wanted the all metal inferred camo model.
Old 12-15-2016, 02:40 PM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by Panther F

Jeff
Originally Posted by ROLLIN ARMOUR
I missed that Jagdtiger sale. I wanted the all metal inferred camo model.
DONE. Check the site
I added a TON of xmas sales on the tanks, enjoy and have a very merry Xmas! Expect a newsletter from us soon
Also I have been in talks with the mods on adding a sub forum section where us vendors can post product news, updates, etc. I know you guys would love a thread just for the IBU or Clark boards, a place where you guys can share tips, installs, etc. The same would go for our tanks and this way for those of you who don't care do not have to see.
Oh and small leak on the Jan 1st announcement.... It has been asked for many time here on the forums, it has a turret, our new solid lower hull design, and uses some parts we already make.... Enjoy!

Edit: Forgot to mention the 72nd BOGO sales are back

Last edited by Imex-Erik; 12-15-2016 at 02:57 PM.
Old 12-15-2016, 04:04 PM
Panther F

DONE. Check the site
I added a TON of xmas sales on the tanks, enjoy and have a very merry Xmas! Expect a newsletter from us soon
Also I have been in talks with the mods on adding a sub forum section where us vendors can post product news, updates, etc. I know you guys would love a thread just for the IBU or Clark boards, a place where you guys can share tips, installs, etc. The same would go for our tanks and this way for those of you who don't care do not have to see.
Oh and small leak on the Jan 1st announcement.... It has been asked for many time here on the forums, it has a turret, our new solid lower hull design, and uses some parts we already make.... Enjoy!

Edit: Forgot to mention the 72nd BOGO sales are back

COOL!

Now that 1-1-2017 tank could only be the M4A3E8. Huh?

Jeff
Old 12-15-2016, 07:40 PM
Imex-Erik

No new Shermans just quite yet Around the same size though...
Old 12-17-2016, 10:31 AM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Off topic, but not lol. Crius I use Adblock for my computer and I never have any ads pop up here or pretty much anywhere.

Cheers,
Wade
Old 12-18-2016, 02:21 PM
Panther F

No new Shermans just quite yet Around the same size though...
I got nothing.

Jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.