Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Taigen tracks

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 02:28 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Taigen tracks

Anyone know if the Taigen metal tracks for a Jagdtiger fir the Tamiya King tiger sprockets?
Old 04-21-2017, 05:20 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

The tracks for the jagdtiger also fit the torro king tiger so if the torro and tamiya king tigers are interchangeable I'd say the answer is yes. Hope that helps.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:45 PM
yellowshaker

Yes, that helps. I have mato tracks on my King Tiger from Tamiya so that should mean I will be good if I can find a set of Taigens for the JT. Thank you.
Old 04-22-2017, 05:28 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

No, they will not fit. The JT and KT do share track dimensions (the Torro KT and JT have the newer closed pin tracks) but they are not compatible with Tamiya drive wheels due to the ever so slightly different gear pitch. I have the Tamiya KT and can confirm this is a no go.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:56 PM
yellowshaker

So then what tracks will fit? I have a set of the older matorro tracks on my Tamiya king and they are fine
Old 04-22-2017, 02:04 PM
Crius

I wonder if it's the open pin tracks, like the ones that come with the Porsche Turret King Tiger? Aren't those a copy of the plastic tracks that come with the Tamiya?
Old 04-22-2017, 09:05 PM
TheBennyB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joe, I may have some sprockets and track to mess with. Give me 2-3 days and I'll send pics and info. Know I have late model tracks and 18 tooth sprocket.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:04 PM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

It would be great if someone could make a list of compatibilities somewhere.

In the future I would like to install metal tracks in my king tiger. So far I know (please correct me if Im wrong)
Heng long metal tracks are NOT compatible with tamiya sprochets.
Taigen metal tracks are NOT compatible with tamiya sprochets.

Kenny Kong and Impact make expensive but compatible tracks with tamiya sprochets.

What about the mato tracks? Are the same to matorro? Yellowshaker, could you give us a link where to buy those king tiger tracks?
Old 04-22-2017, 10:09 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

On my Tamiya KT the Torro tracks do not fit. The tracks do not match the pitch of the Tamiya drive wheel. I will get pictures later but for mine it will not fit. If you modify the drive wheel or maybe run it to wear down the drive wheel it may fit but just wrapping them around the wheel does not fit.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:17 PM
Rad_Schuhart

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
On my Tamiya KT the Torro tracks do not fit. The tracks do not match the pitch of the Tamiya drive wheel. I will get pictures later but for mine it will not fit. If you modify the drive wheel or maybe run it to wear down the drive wheel it may fit but just wrapping them around the wheel does not fit.
Thanks Erik. That's what I thought. It surprised me a lot when Yellowshaker said he had the torro tracks on his KT. Hope he answers us back and gives us some light.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:38 AM
yellowshaker

The Mato King Tiger tracks fit Tamiya without modification. That is what is on my tank and no problems. However, they are impossible to find now.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:13 AM
Rad_Schuhart

Originally Posted by yellowshaker
The Mato King Tiger tracks fit Tamiya without modification. That is what is on my tank and no problems. However, they are impossible to find now.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mato...4-3f7989d910d1

Found some for ya.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:35 AM
Crius

Those don't look bad at all, Rad. And even with shipping they're still a decent price. I can say that I've dealt with Mato Outlet at Aliexpress before and never had any trouble. Heng Long's Store is also a good vendor at Aliexpress. Your experience may vary, in case any of you jokers are lawyers.

And I don't like the new smilies. It would be politically incorrect to say how they look, but it ain't happy.