Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Taigen Support AFK until 4/25! Read inside please for details!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Taigen Support AFK until 4/25! Read inside please for details!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 01:57 PM
LukeZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Erik, perhaps in your videos discussing the differences between the boards you can describe the IR compatibility (or non-compatibility) between the three versions.
Old 04-24-2018, 02:04 PM
Maccrage

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

No more track recoil? You are a hero, sir!
Old 04-24-2018, 02:42 PM
tiger rampage

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Very good news about the v3 motherboard Erik. Do we have any ETA's on the JS-2 or the Waltersons T-72?
Old 04-24-2018, 05:19 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by LukeZ
Hi Erik, perhaps in your videos discussing the differences between the boards you can describe the IR compatibility (or non-compatibility) between the three versions.
Yea I need to make a separate thread on that for people having issues. There was a change and some are having issues but I have trouble narrowing it down to batches and could use a bit of help there as well to report back. My testing here could not be recreated there from the same batch at the factory funny enough but I know there is problems with a small amount of people. I have narrowed it down to some V1 hitting the V2 or the other way around, I'm not at the office atm. I've only had reports from about 10 or so, but that is about 10 too many IMO.
Originally Posted by Maccrage
No more track recoil? You are a hero, sir!
Yes and that should be used with caution for airsoft users. If your bbs do not load properly every time that will be a reason there. Goofy as the recoil is it was originally there to help load the next airsoft bb by shaking the hopper a bit. Just remember not to dry fire the airsoft too much if you have one Otherwise enjoy!
Originally Posted by tiger rampage
Very good news about the v3 motherboard Erik. Do we have any ETA's on the JS-2 or the Waltersons T-72?
Leopard is in production now, it will be here in a few months, JS-2 after that but very close. I got the Leopard at the office, just need to take care of people I missed and get product up before I go showing my toys off
Waltersons and I hung out a lot during my trip actually, I have a bunch of news on that one. News thread coming soon, on it now.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:12 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik

Yes and that should be used with caution for airsoft users. If your bbs do not load properly every time that will be a reason there. Goofy as the recoil is it was originally there to help load the next airsoft bb by shaking the hopper a bit. Just remember not to dry fire the airsoft too much if you have one Otherwise enjoy!
Goofy...yes. But, nice to know the function. You can achieve the same function by driving the tank every 2-3 shots (or more frequently ), especially outside over the lawn or other terrain.

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipat
That would be sweet. Or, an ala carte setup with various upper and lower hulls, turrets, mantlets and running gear to make a range of variants.

Or, a corrected M41 and M26...

I'm sure I can do at least one of those
Do tell...
Old 04-25-2018, 08:37 AM
Roboticus_Prime

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I heard Pershing.... You're getting me excited Erik. Welcome home!
Old 04-26-2018, 11:22 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by Roboticus_Prime
I heard Pershing.... You're getting me excited Erik. Welcome home!
Thanks! It is good to be back! Although I do have more more trip on the 8th-11th, it is more for business than a vacation but this one is just to CO to visit a few clients.
Old 04-26-2018, 11:54 PM
sturmgrenadier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Erik, this is probably a dumb question, but as a novice tanker, I don't know the answer: if I want to you use one of my existing Taigen transmitters (I own a Taigen RTR Panzer IV and a Tiger I (kit build)) with one of the new V3 motherboards (on another tank build), do I need any other (electronics) parts? Or can I just somehow configure them to work together? Thanks for explaining how that works.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:55 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by sturmgrenadier
Erik, this is probably a dumb question, but as a novice tanker, I don't know the answer: if I want to you use one of my existing Taigen transmitters (I own a Taigen RTR Panzer IV and a Tiger I (kit build)) with one of the new V3 motherboards (on another tank build), do I need any other (electronics) parts? Or can I just somehow configure them to work together? Thanks for explaining how that works.
You can use either transmitters with any of the motherboards. The main difference is that there is 1 extra added function on the V2 motherboards: the machine gun toggle has been relocated to a momentary button on the right side of the transmitter, and the right toggle is now the smoke unit on/off switch. If you get the V1 transmitter your smoker will run all the time unless you make an inline power switch for the smoke unit like the picture below. You can purchase a wiring kit and solder like this and make yourself an inline switch that will manually override the motherboard. This way you can turn the smoker on and off with a switch if you have the V2/V3 boards and a V1 transmitter

The switch will need to be soldered like this. Make sure to test fit your switch and make sure the cabling will fit before cutting and soldering your wire.

Plug this into the smoke unit output
Old 04-27-2018, 11:03 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Is the bind procedure the same? Do you just hold down the machine gun button instead of throwing the toggle?
Old 04-27-2018, 11:13 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by Crius
Is the bind procedure the same? Do you just hold down the machine gun button instead of throwing the toggle?
Yes, same procedure but the location of the MG is different. Instead of using the toggle like you used to you just hold down the MG button when turning it on, much simpler this way