Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

ELMOD 3ton Issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 11:23 AM
smittyrob

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ELMOD 3ton Issue

:EDIT:
Fixed the issue. The firmware update for the sound unit kept failing when using the ELMOD app and there were only 2 update files in the list. When I launched the older ELMOD configurator program I was able to load older firmware files. This was successful and seems to have fixed the issue, everything seems to work again.
Mods please delete this thread if you think it necessary.

I have an Elmod 3ton truck board for the Opel blitz I am having a problem with. I have been testing this board for about a week when the Elmod app stated it needed a firmware update.
I updated the center unit fine, but when I tried to update the sound unit I keep getting firmware update failed.
The board will no longer run and the status led shows issue communicating with sound unit.

The manual says in this case to contact Elmod support. I have reached out to Dominique at RCtank.de for help, but I thought I would ask here as well if anyone can help.
The manual does not show a way to factory reset either that I can see.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

Last edited by smittyrob; 02-11-2020 at 12:14 PM. Reason: No longer relevant
Old 02-11-2020, 12:17 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Glad you got it fixed. I also have an Opel Blitz, but I'm using the asiatam board. Or at least I was, until the motor controllers fried. And this is the second board that's failed. At $120 each. Sooo, I've been looking at the elmod as a possible replacement and I'm wondering how happy you are with yours? Do you have any video of the truck in action?
Old 02-11-2020, 01:43 PM
smittyrob

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Crius,

I'm happy with these boards. I have 3 of the 3ton Elmod boards. 1 in an Opel blitz and 2 more in a 1/12 King Kong Rc Zis 150 and Zil 157.
They seem to work pretty good, I am still learning the different ways to configure them. You can change a lot of the control, sounds and light functions.
You can tweak the functions like headlights, convoy lights, brake/tailights and horns.
With the exception of the issue I had here which wasn't bad I have been using them for about a year with no problems.

A not too good video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfk_...ature=youtu.be
Old 02-12-2020, 09:06 AM
Tanker1966

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I have an Elmod fusion pro for my Mato Tiger. How do you get the firmware update? I see it listed on the website, but I don't see the actual file to download.