Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

RTR RC tank that have barrel recoil

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

RTR RC tank that have barrel recoil

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 04:50 AM
Anubizz

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RTR RC tank that have barrel recoil

Hi Guys , I am looking for purchase my third RTR RC tank, however I want to have the one that have barrel recoil build in , I see some Heng Long tank that come with barrel recoil , but which model their model are very confusing ? I am interested in WW2 tank
Old 05-23-2020, 05:25 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

All IR tanks from IMEX have Barrel recoil, and the Tiger 1 mid Airsoft tank also comes with Barrel recoil.

As far as I know, unless you can find one of their old IR tanks, the only tank HL offers right now that has Barrel recoil is the premium M1 Abrams, and possibly the leopard. I don't think HL has Barrel recoil in any World War II tank at the moment. I do believe that will change, though.
Old 05-23-2020, 05:48 AM
mustclime

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Crius
All IR tanks from IMEX have Barrel recoil, and the Tiger 1 mid Airsoft tank also comes with Barrel recoil.

As far as I know, unless you can find one of their old IR tanks, the only tank HL offers right now that has Barrel recoil is the premium M1 Abrams, and possibly the leopard. I don't think HL has Barrel recoil in any World War II tank at the moment. I do believe that will change, though.
the HL professional KT shoots air soft and has gun tube recoil.... it’s HL recoil but it’s recoil.
Old 05-23-2020, 07:20 AM
Crius

That's good news. I believe they'll eventually have barrel recoil in all their tanks, but so far I've only seen the Abrams, and now the King Tiger. The one I'm curious about is how they'll solve the muzzle flash and still be able to shoot BBs. There's no doubt that HL is pushing the envelope for electronics, and I can't wait to see what they come up with next.
Old 05-23-2020, 07:29 AM
Crius

For Anubizz, take a good look at this tank

https://www.taigentanks.com/taigen/tiger-1-mid

I have one and right out of the box it's good to go. The barrel recoil works great and it has a good, powerful airsoft unit. Well, powerful for a tank, anyway. I probably won't change anything on this, except to give it markings and weathering. I don't know where you are (maybe you should post your locale with your avatar) but if you're in Europe or the UK I would contact Dave at Forgebear Tanks and he might be able to get you a better price than the link I posted. If you'e in the states then email Imex and you should be able to get a better price, just for being a forum member.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-23-2020, 11:17 AM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

HL tanks that had IR were a recoil barrel they stopped making the IR for a while they have that new 6,0 and i think a higher board than that not sure if they recoil just have a flash...i will check it out to make sure
Old 05-23-2020, 12:31 PM
Fsttanks

Received 251 Likes on 148 Posts

The new 6.0 and up HL tanks with barrel recoil and flash do not have the airsoft feature.
Old 05-23-2020, 01:21 PM
Crius

That's news. Heng Long is once again making tanks that don't shoot BBs? A link to one would be appreciated. Good news, though, if they're willing to go back to dedicated IR tanks they might make them more compatible, like different weight classes and what not.
Old 05-23-2020, 01:27 PM
Crius

So to Anubizz, how important are the BBs to you? Willing to live without? That would also open up all the Taigen/Torro IR tanks. I've recently picked up a few of those, a PIV and a couple PIIIs, and they're pretty cool right out of the box, though not at all compatible with HL or Tammy, but they also do bigger tanks, like the JS-2 and King Tiger. My new JS-2 is IR.

Still don't know where you are. That will make a difference in available vendors. And narrow it down a bit, eh? I get the WWII, German? Russian? Brit or US?
The following users liked this post:
Anubizz (05-23-2020)
Old 05-23-2020, 03:10 PM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

The Questioner is from Australia.
Old 05-23-2020, 03:45 PM
Anubizz

Hi Guys

Thanks for your help , I love Taigen tank especially that Panzer 4 , I only find Tamiya ( which is extremely expensive and in kit form) and HengLong (even Henglong I can only find 1 store that have stock and they only have the non Pro version, the other alternative is via Banggood)

I see Taigen Panzer 4 they are beautiful, but since I am from Australia I wonder if I can even have it here, without extreme shipment cost. my next target are T34 , StuG 4 or Panzer 4

and in term of BB gun , BB gun bullet are Illegal in Australia , I rather have barrel recoil, not sure how difficult to convert HengLong BB to barrel recoil and if it even possible to do that with HL stock TK6.0S electronic .

Old 05-23-2020, 04:19 PM
jarndice

Anubizz you are poorly served in Australia for dealers selling Taigen or Heng Long Armour in 1/16,
You do have www.bnamodelworld.com and www.rctanksaustralia.com but one does not sell complete Tanks and the other sells Tamiya, Hobby Boss and Trumpeter which is not where you want to be,
In the UK is Dave at www.forgebeartanks.com and he sells Taigen Tanks full range of 1/16 Armour Worldwide,
E..Mail him with any questions,
.He is as straight a dealer as any I know of.
Old 05-24-2020, 05:08 AM
Anubizz

Hi Jarndice, thanks for your help the shipping cost the one that kill the deal basically. I wonder why even Taigen/Toro only have 1 version Tiger tank that have BB+barrel recoil they have this figure out since 2015.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:00 AM
Zabretooth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Anubizz
BB gun bullet are Illegal in Australia
They aren't, my first tank was a airsoft KT, 6mm BBs are easy enough to find on Australian online hobby stores.

I would suggest Torro, once the Commie Cough has died down. They had a 50 euro flat rate shipping before DHL stopped its international service, the conversion is kinda painful at the moment but they have a pretty good selection and most of their Tanks have recoil or the option to buy that part separately.
Old 05-25-2020, 10:04 AM
Crius

Hi Jarndice, thanks for your help the shipping cost the one that kill the deal basically. I wonder why even Taigen/Toro only have 1 version Tiger tank that have BB+barrel recoil they have this figure out since 2015.

That was an experiment, and the response wasn't sufficient to warrant pursuing the option in other tanks. No matter how good the idea, if it's not profitable it gets filed in the circular file.
Old 05-25-2020, 02:51 PM
Anubizz

Originally Posted by Crius
That was an experiment, and the response wasn't sufficient to warrant pursuing the option in other tanks. No matter how good the idea, if it's not profitable it gets filed in the circular file.
Hi Gary that make sense. I guest not alot of RC tank a fan of bb, the novelty wear of really fast, not to mention IR most likely more reliable in the long run.
Old 05-25-2020, 05:04 PM
jarndice

I think there are a number of reasons why airsoft is more popular than I/r,
An airsoft Tank is cheaper than an I/r Tank,
Most newcomers to our hobby either don't know about I/r Tanks or don't know how to fight them and initially a bb Tank sounds like a lot of fun whereas an I/r tank is a mystery with a strange onion on top.
And when Tamiyas I/r is quite different from Taigen and Heng Longs I/r it probably drives dads in charge of the pocket book away from I/r which he does not understand and toward the bb Tank which he does when buying a Tank for their son.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:22 AM
BlitzPig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Guys , I am looking for purchase my third RTR RC tank, however I want to have the one that have barrel recoil build in , I see some Heng Long tank that come with barrel recoil , but which model their model are very confusing ? I am interested in WW2 tank
In an answer to your question directly. This from the senior manager of the official US Heng Long supplier.
"Only the TK6 Professional editions sold at MotionRC. Com of the Tiger I, Leopard 2A6, M1A2 Abrams, King Tiger, T-34/85, and Panther G have "Cannon" recoil. "Cannon recoil" is a completely different feature from "Track recoil". "Cannon Recoil" uses a separate motor in the turret to move the cannon barrel rearward to simulate the actual barrel recoiling during the firing sequence. This feature is limited to only a few of HL's tanks for three reasons: 1) The mechanism required can only fit in certain tanks, 2) Not all tanks have visibly recoiling barrels, 3) Added cost and complexity." " I just got back from the factory, and can now confirm for the first time that they were able to implement the barrel recoil into the Professional Edition of the King Tiger. We'll be the first to carry these!"

Last edited by BlitzPig; 05-27-2020 at 07:24 AM.
Old 05-27-2020, 02:24 PM
Anubizz

Not really sure if separate motor really use inside, however it suspiciously work similar to this guys fail recoil mod, which is he fix later. Heng Long recoil is seems like lazy attempts, that use winding up power from bb motor.

Well in other hand it seems Taigen turret are seems so wobbly in larger turret and the vertical motion is just cycling motion (please correct me if I am wrong on this one)
Old 08-31-2020, 04:50 AM
SERVUS

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi Max and jarndice this is Servus dont know what is going on at rctankwarfare was unable back on to do build thread M1a2 ? With message saying this is not a democracy?

Last edited by SERVUS; 08-31-2020 at 05:04 AM.
Old 08-31-2020, 06:49 AM
Crius

Did it say your username or IP address has been banned? I can't think of any reason for them to ban you, but the moderators at rctw are such Nazis that pretty much nothing they do surprises me. That forum is like a little boys club, if you're not popular you won't be there very long.

One of the moderators there is still a friend of mine so if you can't figure it out perhaps I could send him a message and ask him to look into it. Let me know. Yours was the introductory thread where I got banned, wasn't it? I can't think of any reason why they would ban you, you didn't do anything wrong. After all that stuff happened they said that I would only be banned for a few weeks, but I basically told them to take that forum and put it where the sun don't shine. I don't need that bull**** from them. There are two moderators there that made it quite clear they didn't like me and they would do what they could to get rid of me, it just took them a minute. If those two moderators ever step down I might consider going back to rctw, but not before.