Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Interesting model on the block

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Interesting model on the block

Old 12-18-2020, 09:48 PM
Tanque

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Interesting model on the block

There's an early 1/10 Seiki Tiger I up for grabs. It's dated surely being from the 1970s, I suspect fairly early 1970s.
Detail is minimal, tracks aren't to scale but the construction is first rate on these models; most all parts were very well engineered
and executed. This example is glow (gas) powered with an engine displacement that's not readily discernible. The gearbox
is of a type I'm assuming is an early type unlike any of my own; it appears quite complex. It's possible that this was a conversion from an electric version but I'm not sure; some aspects; the right hand exhaust 'stack' is particularly wonky and definitely not OEM.

Still on the whole it would be fun to get into but I haven't the space or time. It would be fun for someone and is a great basis for more contemporary upgrades and details. This listing has been there a while. There's another one listed for more than twice the asking on this one and I believe it's in worse condition.

Jerry

Seiki Tiger I
Old 12-21-2020, 11:27 AM
MAUS45

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Jerry, That Tiger is nice. Did you see the 1/10 Hooben Panzer III ? It look good as well. Rudy
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOOBEN-Germ.../274551882792?
Old 12-21-2020, 12:13 PM
tankme

Received 72 Likes on 61 Posts

Hate that Hooben never shows the insides of their tanks. Like it's a secret.
Old 12-21-2020, 12:28 PM
Tanque

Originally Posted by MAUS45 View Post
Jerry, That Tiger is nice. Did you see the 1/10 Hooben Panzer III ? It look good as well. Rudy
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOOBEN-Germ.../274551882792?
It might look ok but after the not_so_great experience I had with their 1/10 T-34 (never was able to get it to work) I'm
a little wary of their stuff. Besides I have 5 Pz III variants in 1/10 scale already.

Jerry
Old 12-23-2020, 08:56 AM
MAUS45

Originally Posted by Tanque View Post
It might look ok but after the not_so_great experience I had with their 1/10 T-34 (never was able to get it to work) I'm
a little wary of their stuff. Besides I have 5 Pz III variants in 1/10 scale already.

Jerry
Understand, I thought you only had Stug's. So was the T-34 not working because of the electronics?
Old 12-23-2020, 09:43 AM
Tanque

Originally Posted by MAUS45 View Post
Understand, I thought you only had Stug's. So was the T-34 not working because of the electronics?
Yup, when I worked on that set of Pz III variants I'd planned
  1. StuG G
  2. SIG 33
  3. PzIII N or M
  4. Pz III L
  5. StuH 10.5
I actually have enough parts to make at least another one possible two variants but I'll likely sell off the parts
as I don't want to go through all the work I did on the final drives.

Yes, despite my best efforts I never could get the radio system bound in the Hooben T-34. Feng even sent a video
as to how to bind it but it never worked. Sometime I'll swap out the electronics for an IBU2. I've been working on other projects.

Jerry
Old 12-23-2020, 10:02 AM
MAUS45

Originally Posted by Tanque View Post
Yup, when I worked on that set of Pz III variants I'd planned
  1. StuG G
  2. SIG 33
  3. PzIII N or M
  4. Pz III L
  5. StuH 10.5
I actually have enough parts to make at least another one possible two variants but I'll likely sell off the parts
as I don't want to go through all the work I did on the final drives.

Yes, despite my best efforts I never could get the radio system bound in the Hooben T-34. Feng even sent a video
as to how to bind it but it never worked. Sometime I'll swap out the electronics for an IBU2. I've been working on other projects.

Jerry
Wow, that is a collection of Panzer III variants. I have most of those in 1/35 scale.
I really want a large scale Stug III G. Hoping R/C Armory will complete their 1/6 scale kit.
The main components are made of PVC sheet with the torsion bars, swing arms, and drive sprocket rings made out of metal.

I have their 1/8 scale King Tiger I need to finish!!!

Rudy
Old 12-23-2020, 05:15 PM
tankme

Received 72 Likes on 61 Posts

Wow...R/C Armory. They have said that kit is coming out for like 10 years now. Their website copyright says 2004. I seriously doubt they will ever release it.
Old 12-23-2020, 06:58 PM
Tanque

Originally Posted by tankme View Post
Wow...R/C Armory. They have said that kit is coming out for like 10 years now. Their website copyright says 2004. I seriously doubt they will ever release it.
I don't know what the state of affairs is with RC Armory. They don't seem to have a Facebook presence and as you mentioned their website hasn't been updated in a long while.
They still list my AGW website as hosted by Geocities and that went by the wayside many, many moons past. Owner Mike Deiter was / is a nice chap, very personable.
Not sure that he hasn't moved on out of the rc armor hobby. I met him some 20+ years ago out here at a club event. I sent him an email to see what he's up to but if any
of you know and can share please do.

Jerry