Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Mato M36B1 steering problem

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Mato M36B1 steering problem

Old 10-09-2021, 08:55 AM
elvis3006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mato M36B1 steering problem

My new Mato M36B1 will not drive straight, it always drifts to the right. When I correct or try to turn left it will not turn left properly or smoothly like it does if I turn right. Instead when I turn left the tank stops and jerks to the left almost like a pivot steer. Basically my tank drives around in a big circle to the right and will not steer or turn left properly. Can anyone help ? Thank you
Old 10-10-2021, 06:02 AM
Crius

Received 149 Likes on 131 Posts

There aren't that many guys here that have purchased that particular model, so like I said in your other thread, that's probably why you haven't received any response. Please don't think we're ignoring you or anything like that, we usually feel it is better to keep quiet unless we can give accurate information. But welcome aboard, and I hope you'll stick around and I hope you will post some photos of that M36.
Old 10-11-2021, 03:57 AM
tomhugill

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Make sure your gears are well greased. Check track tension is about equal. Other things you can do is swap the motors round. If this reverses the issue some new matched motors will help. You should also be able to trim your transmitter to help.
Old 10-11-2021, 09:09 AM
elvis3006

Thank you for the responses and explanation, I understand and no problem. We will figure it out on here I have no doubt, there seems to be a lot of knowledgeable people here. I will post pictures for sure, I also plan on re painting and weathering the tank.
Old 10-14-2021, 11:45 AM
RichJohnson

Received 130 Likes on 89 Posts

It almost sounds like you have a steering control problem in the electronics. What type of radio and Tank control board does your model have?

many tanks have a drift to one side. Most of mine have a slight drift and the trim does not really solve it. It’s a combination of motor efficiency miss match, and gear box break in, and track tension. I rarely have a tank I can count on to drive absolutely straight for more than a couple feet.
Old 10-24-2021, 11:51 AM
elvis3006

Found the problem, a small screw keeping the gear wheel in place on the drive shaft fell out. This meant that the right track was not moving under power. Replaced the screw and now the tank drives correctly. Thank you