Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

T-34/85 with Clark TK-50

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2022, 03:18 PM

Received 226 Likes on 182 Posts
Default T-34/85 with Clark TK-50

I finished the ZTZ-99 and the SU-152 then started on the T34/76 pair I started. I soon tired of trying to get the recoil worked out so I started on my KV-1E build. When I found out I didn't have the parts I needed then I started this T-34/85, but this time I got the T-34/85 fully functional. The first 1/16 tank I ever bought was a WSN T-34/85 back in like 2014. When Taigen came out with their T-34/85, I dumped the idea of converting the WSN, sold it on Ebay, and bought a Taigen scratch 'n dent T-34/85. After ripping the guts out of it and having the project sit on the shelf for a few literally years I'm on the verge of completing it. I've finally got a fully functional T-34/85 in only 6 short years later.

Tamiya apple mounted in gunner's hatch.

Jarlath compact recoil system installed to replace the Asiatam recoil/elevation. I never got it working with the Clark board so I replaced it. Not a real fan of those units anyway.

Servo elevation.

IR emitter tube added and uses Taigen LED high intensity flash for the gun barrel.

Power and volume mounted under the driver's hatch.

Lower hull internals. I have built a custom speaker box now and installed a Visaton FRS7S speaker as the TK-50 blew out the Taigen speaker shown here. I guess the extra amps from the TK-50 were too much for the little 3W Taigen.

Gotta have the bucket...

Removed the external gas tank and donated it to my SU-122 project. Installed an empty fuel tank holder.

Ready for primer. I did remove the tracks and the outer road wheel rubber before priming.

Just a tad bit of wear and tear.

Added some extra texture with Mr. Surfacer and some Tamiya texture paint.

This is a quick functions video of the new Clark TK-50:

Last edited by tankme; 02-21-2022 at 03:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Panther F (02-22-2022)
Old 02-28-2022, 03:05 PM

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Nice electronic conversion and sound!!!
Old 03-12-2022, 02:41 AM

Been trying to get this one ready for a battle day in about a week. Got her painted and some of the storage added. Still need to do some possible chipping and some weathering. Shown with it's big brother the IS-7...

The following users liked this post:
Conan_the_Hungarian (03-30-2022)
Old 03-20-2022, 02:52 PM

She performed great this weekend out in the dirt hunting cats.

Old 08-31-2023, 04:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TankMe - I'm getting ready to start the same conversion you have done here - Taigen T34 with TK50SP card. I've studied your wiring pretty closely here and have started my own planned diagram. Anything special you ran into while doing the install? I will be running a JVM3Dconcepts recoil unit, servo recoil and elevation and the stock rotation.
Old 08-31-2023, 03:26 PM

Just remember that in order to use the servo recoil, servo elevation, or high intensity flash LED, that they have to be setup using the Sony remote in order to work right. I set my T34 to not do neutral turns as that's how they operated, but that's a personal preference. This is typically the doc I work off of with wiring even though it is for the TK40, it applies to the 50. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.