Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Us halftrack spare tracks

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Us halftrack spare tracks

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2023, 01:35 PM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by RichJohnson
Nice! That looks like a bunch of work.
Old 03-24-2023, 01:49 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by RichJohnson
Wow, that's an old thread. I scrolled down a little bit and saw posts from Ausf and TheBennyB. We haven't heard from either of those guys in ages. I even saw photos of that M26 that had been converted, the inspiration for my m41 anti-aircraft tank. Nothing like a stroll down memory lane first thing in the morning, eh?
Old 03-27-2023, 01:13 PM
Pah co chu puk

Pcomm1.v2 I sent you a PM.

Gary, I know you love cats, so I want to point out the cat tracks in the snow my halftrack ran over. No, it's not one of the big cats like a Tiger, or Kingtiger, or even a Jagdtiger, it's a Bobcat. I have a Bobcat that hangs out around Tankland. Actually, Mountain Lions, Bobcats, and Lynx, all live near, and are sometimes spotted at Tankland. I've seen all three kinds of cats up there. Needless to say, driving the Sherman or the halftrack on a lone mission with all those cats around makes one careful.

Old 03-28-2023, 01:44 AM
Crius

Okay, now I'm jealous. Having wild cats around like that must be just awesome. I think I'd be spending a little money on camera traps and setting them up all over tank land to get video footage of the cats roaming through. That would be very cool.

I keep seeing news stories about Colorado and how the Liberals there want to end all hunting and take away most semi-automatic rifles. They'll probably never get away with it, but it makes for some pretty interesting arguments. Personally, I don't have any problem with people hunting if that's what they enjoy, but I think it's better not to hunt species that are endangered or in jeopardy, like the mountain lion. I know it's totally unfair, but I say, hunt all the deer you want, but leave my cats alone.
Old 03-28-2023, 05:45 AM
Pah co chu puk

Originally Posted by Crius
Okay, now I'm jealous. Having wild cats around like that must be just awesome. I think I'd be spending a little money on camera traps and setting them up all over tank land to get video footage of the cats roaming through. That would be very cool.

I keep seeing news stories about Colorado and how the Liberals there want to end all hunting and take away most semi-automatic rifles. They'll probably never get away with it, but it makes for some pretty interesting arguments. Personally, I don't have any problem with people hunting if that's what they enjoy, but I think it's better not to hunt species that are endangered or in jeopardy, like the mountain lion. I know it's totally unfair, but I say, hunt all the deer you want, but leave my cats alone.
I do have game cameras set up on the property. I have gotten a great picture of a Mountain Lion walking by my cabin at night, but the Bobcat and Lynx are much more elusive. I was lucky enough to see them up close in daylight. A Lynx is an incredibly fierce looking animal, I'm surprised there is not a famous tank named after the Lynx. Locking eyes with a Lynx was an amazing experience. I'm very happy they all ran away when they saw me. People do hunt Mountain Lions here, it is legal to do that, but I don't like it because you can use dogs to hunt them. I think that's unfair. The Lynx is protected because they are Canada Lynx the state introduced to replace the native Lynx that had gone extinct. I'm not sure about Bobcats. This year the state of Colorado is re-introducing Wolves to our mountains. They will be released about 50 miles from my house. I expect to start seeing Wolves in Tankland sometime in the next few years. It will be interesting to see how that effects the cats.

As for the other stuff... They won't ban hunting in Colorado. It brings hundreds of millions of $$$ into the state each year and I know people who depend on the meat to survive. That plus the state uses hunters to manage game populations to keep the habitat healthy, so I think it's here to stay. I used to hunt Elk, but I haven't in years. I've thought about hunting Turkey because the property is thick with wild Turkeys, (I'm sure that's what keeps all those cats healthy) but I think I may be too lazy to hunt anymore. The possible assault weapon ban however...

Ah, but we went off topic... have you had a chance to try out those halftrack tracks I sent you?
Old 03-29-2023, 01:51 AM
Crius

I totally agree that it's not fair to use dogs to hunt cats. I saw a video where these two guys turned the dogs loose, sat in their nice warm truck drinking coffee until the dogs had treed the cat and then the guy calmly walked up, pulled out a pistol, killed the cat and then turned around and walked back to the truck. I wanted to Smack That guy. I think anybody that wants to hunt mountain lions should be allowed to do so, but the only weapon they can take with them is a knife. That would make things much more interesting, don't you think? I'm glad to hear they're reintroducing wolves in Colorado, the people at Yellowstone finally figured out that the reason all the vegetation was disappearing was because there were no wolves to keep the elk in check and those big Critters can sure eat. I also found it very interesting that the Wolves don't even really have to kill that many elk, just the fact that the elk know the wolves are around creates a fear factor that slows them down on their attempt to consume the entire forest. I used to live in Michigan's Upper Peninsula and they reintroduced elk up there, and if you got caught shooting one of those you might as well hang it up. They take your rifle and your vehicle, and you don't get them back, and then they fine you about $10,000. Best to stick to deer, and they do the same thing here in Michigan, using Hunters to control the deer population, which I know is necessary, but it's only necessary because we've killed off all the predators. Just one more example of how the world has gone crazy.

As for the tracks, I'm pretty sure I told you in the email that I don't intend to mount them until I actually need them. But it's absolutely great to know I have a spare set, and from watching yours run I have no doubt that mine will perform the same. So how are you coming on the M3 Scout car? I picked up one of those in one sixth scale, and even though it will be a long time before I get around to it, I already have the drivetrain all sorted out. Back before Roc hobby came out with their Jeep I had intended to convert a dragon kit, so I bought a clone of the Tamiya Bruiser. Then I bought the ROC Jeep and put the dragon on the shelf, but it turns out that the Bruiser clone, with the adapters to mount 12 mm hex rims, is a pretty much perfect match for track width. I'll have to cut and extend the frame but I think it will work just perfect. Now I just have to find tires and rims, but since I need 12 mm hex, which are extremely common, I don't think it's going to be a big deal. I've already found combat tires, but I still have to check the outside diameter to make sure that they're right. That reminds me, I need to email those guys.

And just so no one gets the wrong idea, I have nothing against dogs, I love pretty much all the animals of the world, except hyenas. Those guys are real thugs. Okay, I've rattled on long enough, you guys have a good one.

Last edited by Crius; 03-29-2023 at 01:55 AM.
Old 08-10-2023, 08:44 PM
rb67mustang

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I love the 3D Printed tracks you made. I also have one of these Torro Half tracks with the quad 50, and I never used it much because parts were not available when I bought it. I tried a couple times to try and get spare parts with no luck. Maybe I'll get a set of these tracks for mine and start using it again.
Old 08-10-2023, 11:20 PM
Vastris31

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's some impressive problem-solving! Designing and 3D printing spare tracks for your Torro halftrack is a brilliant solution to the potential weak point issue. Not only does it give you peace of mind during operation, but it's also a testament to your creativity and innovation. Being able to create custom tracks whenever needed is a fantastic way to keep your model running smoothly.
The following users liked this post:
Pah co chu puk (08-11-2023)
Old 08-11-2023, 05:53 AM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by rb67mustang
I love the 3D Printed tracks you made ... Maybe I'll get a set of these tracks for mine and start using it again.
I picked up a set myself and I strongly recommend that anyone with the torro half-track should get a set. Mine are just sitting on the shelf in case I need them but it makes running the half-track itself a lot more pleasurable because I know if anything goes wrong I've got spares on the shelf. Given the really low price that Paco is selling these for I look at it as cheap insurance.
The following 2 users liked this post by Max-U52:
jarndice (08-11-2023), rb67mustang (08-11-2023)
Old 08-11-2023, 02:31 PM
tankme

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

Stock tracks are now available also... so now you have a choice as to which one to get:

https://www.zandatoys.com/1-16-scale...r-tracks-2-pc/
Old 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Pah co chu puk

Originally Posted by rb67mustang
I love the 3D Printed tracks you made. I also have one of these Torro Half tracks with the quad 50, and I never used it much because parts were not available when I bought it. I tried a couple times to try and get spare parts with no luck. Maybe I'll get a set of these tracks for mine and start using it again.
I do have a set made I never sold.

I've run mine a bunch with no problems.
Old 08-12-2023, 07:55 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

And... I still have a nib halftrack still for sale....

Jerry
Old 08-18-2023, 08:52 PM
rb67mustang

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I sent a PM to you a couple days ago, I'd like to buy a set of your tracks.
Old 08-29-2023, 08:20 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tanque
And... I still have a nib halftrack still for sale....

Jerry
I sent you a private message, not sure it came through. Can you let me know?
Old 08-29-2023, 09:59 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by yellowshaker
I sent you a private message, not sure it came through. Can you let me know?
Sorry I come here even less often, just saw your message.

The list of models still for sale is here: 1/16 scale kits for sale!!
I still have one M16 halftrack left; I had 2.

If you want to email me direct I've sent you my email address.

Jerry