Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

help

Old 02-09-2006, 04:22 PM
mikeyt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help

just got from toy east m1 Vs plastic tread set need to know how meny per track
Old 02-09-2006, 05:50 PM
icecreamslick
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: help

When I got mine, I just layed the old track out next to the new one as I snapped the links together. The total for each side was 86 links.......my fingers still hurt. [&o]

Good Luck!
Jason
Old 02-09-2006, 07:39 PM
mikeyt

i used a spoon . 86 per side what a difference will run on the carpet now . did you change spring on wheels to soften suspention stops thah hopping motoion check minitureart.com showes good picturs
Old 02-10-2006, 03:09 AM
Shagnifico

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think I used 85 pieces, and needle nose pliers. The tracks for the Leo go together a lot easier for some reason. Traction is diminished a lot with the linked tracks. I ordered track pads for both of my tanks, haven't recieved them yet.

At first I was just going to make them myself. But then I considered how tedious it was going to be to cut up hundreds of small rubber pads, in addition to gluing each one in place.

Softening the suspension will make the tank look more realistc when it's just sitting still or when it's pivoting. If you notice, with suspension that the m1a2 comes with that the first and last road wheels don't really touch the ground. If you soften up all the springs between the first and last road wheel it solves that problem. Of course if you like rough housing your tank outside, you may want to keep the suspension kind of stiff.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:13 AM
Shagnifico

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh mikeyt, I'm sure you've allready thought of this. But are you planing on hanging some spare track links from the bustle rack?
Old 02-10-2006, 06:00 AM
mikeyt

you know i will