Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

panzer general

Old 07-02-2006, 12:46 AM
schutzstaffel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default panzer general

hope that everyone here has tried my favorite game : panzer general ?
a must for real tank fanatic.

you can deploy your tanks to conquest the world ,works like a chess game ,you play your turn then computer plays it turn, no rush,just dont send a panzer attacking an antitank gun(pionneers infantry is better).
you can feel the strength of the kingtiger[>:]

in that strategic game , the elephant tank moves is really slow but almost indestructible,just dont expect to cross the map with an elephant,just place it in a stronghold point,stukas are great on tanks.

here a link for the free demo download , but it is the panzer general 2 demo ,quite the same.
that is the only videogame that i still play 15 years later .[&:]

do you remember panzerblitz(board game) ?

http://www.cnet.com.au/downloads/info.htm?swid=871932

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29549.gif
Views:	8
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	485697  
Attached Images  
Old 07-04-2006, 03:07 AM
Templars83

Default RE: panzer general

Know the game man. Played all in the series. When it first hit online - I think it was Panzer General 3d or maybe 2, its been awhile. You could play turn based versus others - it was sort of fun. It was a well done challenging game. You really tried hard to hold on to those veteran units you would need down the road. It was a good beer and pretzels title though not too complex. The art of war is a more enduring and complex turn based game that still has value to me.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:08 PM
schutzstaffel

yes !!
hurray for templar ![sm=thumbup.gif]
would like to play a game with you ,i think i am the only one in my region that plays that game.never had the chance to play against a human, to bad i`m so far from you [&o]

that game really improve my blitzkrieg technique (russian-egypt senario).
did you had the chance to use the maus tanks in the washington senario?
anyway thank for your post . apreciated !

if anyone in my region wants to battle with me , let me know.

Old 07-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Templars83

I think I had it on my hard drives two computers ago so I don't think I even have the original disks. it was really a better single player campaign game to me than anything. I liked the panzer general 3d but thought the graphics were better, the game play was pretty similar to the very first one in terms of playability. Overall, and excellent beer and pretzels battlegame. I hear there is another minimal graphics game out there that is making a splash - can't recall exactly the name of it but its ww2 aerial combat. If anyone knows the title that would be a great post.