Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

the fact is...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 03:45 PM
schutzstaffel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the fact is...

i think hl is a underestimated company , they have really nice peoples or service over there and they really want to sell ,they even sent previews of their tanks and extra goddies to sale with resellers orders.
great and fast replies they work long hours too.

but !!

looks like china really want u.s.$$ badly,
they will produce whatever you want in shantou.
they made that gigantic shantou like complex for occidental needs(that scares me a little).

to tamiya resellers and clubs :
they started to to invade all the markets,atv and mx(bikes),false antiques that the wood crack 2 years later,
one usage screwdriver tools , etc... .

ex.: they sell the complete new motor for a dirtbikes 100$(resellers prices).
will you still pay a mechanic to fix your used motor when you get a complete (new)engine with japaneses quality copies, ready to bolt(4bolts) for a price cheaper then a mechanics bill ?

o.k the carburators are not well tuned(like an hL ,needs a little
adjustment with the floats , air screw ,dum parts that brakes)but they work,i think it is because it is non-experimented employees or kids) that build them.

does it sounds familiar?(some tams equipment system is more expensive
then a complete full electronics vstank).

so the bottom line is:

how can you compete with a company that has a brand new buildings almost free from the
government and cheap fully devoted disposable employees that is scared to loose their jobs?
looks like a desperate cause.

And has quantities overstepped quality issues ?

i think the answer is yes. myself(not my style)
have bought x# of hL (was cheaper) instead of one tamy f.opt. quality tank = free tanks for me and few $$ and a business opportunity that i`m not willing to do since the profits/time ratio(gas and gov.paperworks) is not that good and the prices are at the lowest.
only real hobby shops could gained selling hL (buy the volume).

posting a topic like this would have helped you more (tamiya resellers and club owners),
then saying hL tanks are (junk-crap-hammer),refusing hl club members(corrected) --on battlefields---
and loose clients( me and others ) and new hL clubs that are poping up.

maybe i will go buy kt from hongkong cowboy time will tell ,because n.americans dealers should learn respect (hL sellers included)
even if it`s seam crap in your heads .

may i suggest a new words to you when :
Low quality panzers instead of insults.

despite my anger ,seams like i still like you guys(some good i.q. here) ,
why would i still post in here: the hL owners #1 insults site(have noted
improvement here this week,thanks all).

signed :
schutzstaffel
hopefully a long term rcu member.

please add comments.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:57 PM
TANKDUEL

Default RE: the fact is...

Schutz

posting a topic like this would have helped you more (tamiya resellers and club owners),
then saying hL tanks are (junk-crap-hammer),refusing hl club members and loose clients( me and others ) and new hL clubs that are poping up.

I am a club leader, we have quite a few henlong owners, I don't think there's a club in the world that would turn one away. Even so, hl owners are not able to participate in IR battles that are the basis of club activities.

What new HL clubs are you referring to, please name one.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:04 PM
schutzstaffel

no ,the tam club near me that doesnt want my hl or create a branch is more the problem to me.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:08 PM
tomzag
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

My friend,

my daughter came to me yesterday and said" they do not want to listen to me, why should i listen to them? i will not play with them".
Old 08-20-2006, 04:39 PM
TANKDUEL

Schutz, you said that there are new HL clubs popping up, is this correct or not? Can you back up your statement by naming one?

When I said that our club has hl owners in it, I did say that HL tanks are unable to participate in club activities. Why should any club that has been built upon the successful concept or safe IR battles change what they are doing just to accommodate you.
Do you understand the implications of allowing projectile firing tanks to operate in a club environment , often in public. There are many health and safety, and liability considerations a club would have to make provisions for. My club does not allow any projectiles to be fired at our events as they are held in a public place.

Do you really expect that an IR combat club that spent years of hard work into developing what they have; should drop what they are doing and find ways to accommodate you?

I find this expectation totally unreasonable Schutz. If you really want to hold henglong bb battles then why don't you start your own club and put in all the hard work that's required, and make all the necessary provisions in case someone gets shot in the eye. And then, after you spent years developing that, would you then bow to some other tangent of the hobby that expects that you should do everything for them?

Try doing something for yourself instead of moaning about what others won't do for you.

Old 08-20-2006, 04:46 PM
schutzstaffel

sorry ,
should have said battlefields ,
to me battlefields = clubs for me and some newbies in the "clubs" world),

here .
every one told me that it was useless to try to go there if it is`nt a tam -no hl or branch(battles activities) .

but do you mean that if i ir my hl i could participate in a battle in other clubs (ex. yours)?
names ? dont know if i should type this here, now.

i will try to contact them (club) near me if they have change their mind with time.(will give you comebacks)...

by the way , did i offended you in that first post ? hope not

so ,
i have already started to built a battlefields for friends with targets that is capturing the bullets--thinking safety-- and guys will like getting back their ammos and pollution factor.

despite all the things i have to do and that rcu guys addiction.
but i cannot manage time to make it as a real club.

Old 08-20-2006, 04:51 PM
TANKDUEL

No you did not offend me But you have completely lost me now, I can't understand what you are saying[&o]
Old 08-20-2006, 04:59 PM
James S.

If you want to participate in large scale events your going to have to have an IR tank. Good news is there are at least 3 Tamiya Compatiable systems in the works (see other threads for details) this should make it much easier for a HL tanker to get into the IR part of the sport.
( VS pro tanks are also an option)

I do however recommend that you start saving it may take a while to get the funds you need to do a Tamiya tank but it is worth it.

Also you should go to the events in your area meet and talk with the tankers see what they recommend. You may be able to test drive some tanks to see which one you like. Most clubs want new members and are happy to talk about thier tanks and share insights that will save you money long term.

Also you may find that this hobby is not for you. In which case your only out a few weekends. Once you have ~500 saved start watching eBay sometimes you can get a used tamiya tank at a good price even if some parts need replacing. Or from a local tanker for that matter.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:09 PM
schutzstaffel

sir ,
you want a fast response ,
with out spelling errors,and translated with a good structure.

but ,i will certainly give you news about the club that i was talking.

but i would like to stay in the topic of economics and what we should do about our money, and the way we post our reply to poor people who wont ever be able to try the tams.

should i change some sentences in that 1 post ?

Old 08-20-2006, 05:16 PM
TANKDUEL

Schutz, don't get me wrong, your post is the basis for a good discussion.

So basically the problem is that your local club won't agree to start a separate branch for BB tanks?
Old 08-20-2006, 05:21 PM
schutzstaffel

js ,
thanks will go see what going on that club (must be great),
i`m sure they will be busy with me ...

tankduel>> i have spoke with some experienced guys here who has told me that hl where snobed on the battlefields. and if they hold there events in public i just can imagine bb`s flying...

but i realize now,in this moment ,with you reading, that there is almost no hl here (new) , so i will probably have to work ,like you`ve said to make it hl compatible.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:35 PM
schutzstaffel

tom >>> your reply is so deep ,that im still jamed on it ...
great addition to this post.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:55 PM
sownare

I'm not sure what this thread is about? Do you know about the 1/16 scale battlefield in Danville, Virginia? They're activities are all based on "INFRARED" simulated tank battles. Tamiya and VS make tanks that have this feature. Due to liability issues, "HenLong" tanks are not allowed to run and fire BB's. I would like to see a group of HenLong owners make their own battlefield that's as good or better than Danville. I'm sure you can do it. But what activities could you organize with BB firing tanks that are open to the public?
Old 08-20-2006, 06:22 PM
schutzstaffel

interesting sownare>> the h.l. are quite new ,so like they said ,we will have to work it trought or wait.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:36 PM
sownare

Once a reliable INFRARED battle system can be put into a HenLong model, I'm sure a lot of creative and interesting clubs will emerge. No major retailer will carry HenLong in the US due to the liability issues associated with the BB's. No one wants to get sued.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:42 PM
TANKDUEL

Schutz, editing your post like that
so ,
i have already started to built a battlefields for friends with targets that is capturing the bullets--thinking safety-- and guys will like getting back their ammos and pollution factor.

despite all the things i have to do and that rcu guys addiction.
but i cannot manage time to make it as a real club.

made my subsequent reply look out of context
Old 08-20-2006, 06:53 PM
schutzstaffel

one think that will help a lot the tam sellers here in canada,
it`s that airsoft gun are 18 years and older,
that is why hl are so rare here(in houses)no toys stores will sell them.
that is ,i think, the weekeness that mato did`nt see while
installing there distribution point here.

is the law the same in u.s.a. ?

tankduel>>> sorry ,sometime when you want to make it better , it ruins everything.. [:@] that text was`nt finished ,was correcting errors added it in the same time.

Old 08-20-2006, 07:12 PM
James S.

Walmart (at least the local one in NC ) sells AirSoft fully automatic carbines whats the differance in being sued between a toy gun and a toy tank?
Old 08-20-2006, 07:13 PM
TANKDUEL

No problem At least you can have fun with your friends, right!

ORIGINAL: schutzstaffel

tankduel>>> sorry ,sometime when you want to make it better , it ruins everything.. [:@] that text was`nt finished ,was correcting errors added it in the same time.

Old 08-20-2006, 07:17 PM
Killhammer

schutz

I don't know, But if I had to guess I would say that it would be view the same as a bb or pellet gun so you would have to be 18 to by them. That or their would have to be a version with no softair gun. Got to keep the kiddy's safe.....

Jeff
Old 08-20-2006, 07:19 PM
Planedev

Schutz, are you trying to say that you want a club or want to start a club that allows BB firing tanks? If so, think of the logistics involved.

1st the BB will damage yoru buildings after sometime, unless you make them sturdy, but sturdy means heavy.

2nd how does one keep track of whose tanks got hit or whose tank is dead? Why IR battles are so popular is because the tanks got an ability to 'die' thus keeping track or at least keeping score.

3rd there is the safety issue that everyone mentions. I reside in singapore and BB firing whatever is frown upon by the government. We hold our club meeting at this shopping mall that allows us to use their carpet grass turf to build our battlefield. Thus kids will be around and they might get hit by a stray BB.

Lastly, why tam owners dun want to play with HL is becoz that the HLs got the potential to literally destory their tanks. well at leastteh details of the tank. The BBs fired can dent the plastic break away details. So to a tam owner whom spent 500-900 on their tanks, would you think they will want to play with a $100 tank that can damage tehir own tank?

If and whenthe battle systems that allow HL or any other brand of tanks to battle with Tam tanks, I am sure these clubs will open their arms to you. Btw my club allow HL tanks, only rule is no BB firing. The other problem that HL tanks have is that their electronics are really crappy, no offense just the facts, when we turn on some of our transmitters, the HL tank seemed to lost control. Somehow the receiver board of the HL seems to get interfered with our transmitters really easily. I would sugget a mod to use after market radio to run with tam tanks. then there is the scaled speed issue that some clubs have, you need to gear down the tank to get a scale speed b4 you are allow to battle with teh rest and most of the time I do not see HL tanks being mod to accomadate that. So far the only guy that ran a HL with our tams came down once, after his tank was rendered inoperatable due to the interference, he did not come to teh club again.

As I said, if the tanks have IR battle ability I would welcome them with open arms, coz more tanks equate to larger battles and I can conduct my games more in depth.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:32 PM
schutzstaffel

planet dave>> that post is perfect, what argument a hl owner could say after that.

tankduel>>> when i posted this topic ,
have noted the first person to literally jump on this topics,
then the 2nd and the 3 till 6,
so i know who is ready for battle,and who called who, to come check that post .
taught that post would interested you too, since you always want to know who what and when,but that does`nt look like it.
so this was my last post out of this topic because it will turn bad.

now i will log of to give ken a brake............................................. ..........................

Old 08-20-2006, 07:38 PM
TANKDUEL

[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

ORIGINAL: schutzstaffel

tankduel>>> when i posted this topic ,
have noted the first person ,
then the 2 and the 3 till 6,
to jump literally on this topics.
so i know who is ready for battle,and who called the others to come check that post .
taught that post would interested you too, since you always want to know who what and when,but that does`nt look like it.
so this was my last post out of this topic because it will turn bad.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:40 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok, I think it's time I step in here. Let's all play nicely in here.........

Ken
Old 08-20-2006, 08:42 PM
CapnCrunch43

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wonder how many people out there own an RC tank, regardless of manufacturer, and have never been part of a club, or even thought about it. Just like any hobby, you can make it as social or as secluded as you want. My guess is that there are many more 'lone operators' than there are in organized clubs. Some like the building aspect. Some just want to run the thing into the ground, and as such would rather not build one. Some are 'armchair operators' and like the social aspect the most. And still others like all aspects of the hobby and participate in all areas, to include clubs.

Still, I have to believe the majority are content to quietly run their tanks the way they want to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.