Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

walker or pershing

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 10:39 AM
kuhndog599

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default walker or pershing

Hi, I know you guys are getting tired of me. Well heres some more questions. I'm deciding between the pershing and the walker. I've been looking and found some pics. I dont know if people have added these details or not. On the pershing there are helmets on the side and boxes and stuff. Does it come like that from the factory? Does it come with a machine gun on the turret? I've seen a lot of pics with them without one. Quality wise, are they the same? Since the walker is new does it have better electronics. I'm going for smoke and sound. I have a model of the walker and some hatches like in the rear of the turret open. Does the hen long walker have that or is everything like shut permanently. The last thing is that on pics I've seen on ebay it has a toyish color paintjob. like glossy and really smooth. Are they like this? I might end up giving it a paintjob but I'll probably have problems taking it apart. Thanks a lot.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:20 PM
icecreamslick
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: walker or pershing

I don't have experience with the Bulldog, but I once had a HL Snow Leopard (Pershing). It does come with helmets, boxes and a turret machine gun.

Whatever you choose, try to get the super version and you will be more pleased with the tank. [sm=thumbup.gif]

http://www.matotoys.com/canada/produ...products_id=28

http://www.matotoys.com/canada/produ...roducts_id=127

...............or even better, the one with metal tracks:

http://www.matotoys.com/canada/produ...roducts_id=118

You're right, the paint job on most of their tank is very toyish, so you will probably enjoy repainting it yourself. [8D]

Jason
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82078.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	533435  
Old 10-01-2006, 02:02 PM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

The Walker is awesome!

Old 10-01-2006, 03:38 PM
kuhndog599

man.... too hard. i would get both of them but then my parents would be like.. why do you need two. they're so..... cool. i was watching a halftrack on ebay and it went for 80 bucks. (with shipping) it was a german halftrack that was about a foot long. i also doubt i could do a paintjob as good as on those walkers. i've been building models for about 5 or 6 years and all that i've painted have been a single color (not camo or multi color to show wear or anything). besides that, there is no place that sells model paint except walmart. and i've looked for the past couple of months and all the paint they carry is for cars. no camo type.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:07 PM
kuhndog599

this guy says it has only two speeds. is it like those controls with the buttons that mean fast and superfast and no other speed? it has one of those controls that are newer but i dont know. heres the item number 140035258982
Old 10-01-2006, 05:13 PM
icecreamslick

The super version has a 10 step speed control, but most of the others (older models) have only two. If the item description does not state that the tank has 10 speeds, don't take for granted that it does, assume it does not.

Unless you just have to have a WWII era tank, I would say Get the super version Walker Bulldog. It is a newer, less common tank and has better ground clearance than the "Snow Leopard". [sm=thumbup.gif]

Good Luck!
Jason
Old 10-01-2006, 05:16 PM
WhiteWolf McBride
My Feedback: (3)

Kuhndog:

Well, he's saying it has all the other features, like smoke and that, but for the total cost he's asking (and what amounts to an eBay-illegal shipping cost) you could buy the same tank from Mato, and get a metal gearbox'd unit with a better battery. Charging more for the shipping like that way is a way to make their profit even with a refund, cause they don't have to refund the shipping. eBay has ruled this tactic is not allowed.

How to report a seller for this garbage:

You select "Report This Item" at the bottom of the page, then select "Listing Policy Violations" in Step 1, " Excessive Shipping & Handling" in Step 2, and Step 3 auto-selects to the same. Tap the option, and the "Continue" box is enabled, so hit that. Then read the Policy about it if you like, or just hit "Email Us With Your Question Or Concern" and it puts that item into the reportable item box, and hit "Send".

Congratulations, you just reported an unscrupulous seller.

PS: Yes, I did report the j*ck*ss. You can too if you want.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:01 PM
kuhndog599

lol. all right! i've never ordered from mato. does anyone know what they're shipping is and if i order tonight how long it will take?
Old 10-01-2006, 06:50 PM
icecreamslick

I don't recall what the shipping was, but I got my tank within one week.........which is really good, in my book! [sm=thumbup.gif]

Jason
Old 10-01-2006, 07:20 PM
zumzum5150
My Feedback: (2)

kuhndog, My cousing just ordered a HL pershing SS the other night and the standard shipping cost is $29 destined for California. My HL tiger took 8 business days to get to me.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:59 PM
matt02rt

I ordered mine from mato and it took 5 working days and shipping was about $30. they were great to deal with.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:09 PM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The M41 is probably the most reliable and maneuverable tank that HL currently offers. All the electronics are the same for the smoke and sound versions. Make sure you get the metal gearboxes and if this hobby is to your liking, get the metal tracks, spare parts, a higher capacity battery and peak charger. They will break, you will need a soldering iron and a screwdriver. The BBs in the little box are junk, the ones in the bottle with the Super Versions are great.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:10 AM
kuhndog599

i already know what your going to say. WHY DIDN'T YOU GET THE SUPER VERSION! i know that i probably should have. the only thing that i'd really want metal is the track. and i probably won't get those. this is just a play tank. i love tanks and anything to do with the military. i might just end up getting one of those 1/30 pershings and shermans so me and my brothers can have some fun. (one of my brothers loves tanks too) i ended getting it on ebay. i know yeah yeah mato toys was better. for 10 bucks more i could get a super version. i know this is gonna sound crazy. but 10 bucks is a lot to me. so this tank was a whole bunch to me. 6 months to save up for. tch. i need a job. sad thing is this is a little town. i've put applications in and nothing. can't wait to get the tank though. hope to have it by friday if they send it out today.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:41 AM
kuhndog599

now i need details. anyone know of where i can get 1/16 helmets and how to make crates? i tried making them out of balsa wood but it was an embaressment.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:22 PM
DandareBR

ORIGINAL: kuhndog599

this guy says it has only two speeds. is it like those controls with the buttons that mean fast and superfast and no other speed? it has one of those controls that are newer but i dont know. heres the item number 140035258982
I have seen several S&S tanks described with 2 speeds and 3 channels. I this this is just laziness of the seller that uses the same description of the non S&S version without really reading the new features.

Also I think the report worked since I can't find this item listed on e-bay anymore :-)
Old 10-02-2006, 09:24 PM
DandareBR

ORIGINAL: matt02rt

I ordered mine from mato and it took 5 working days and shipping was about $30. they were great to deal with.
Pershing of Bulldog?
Old 10-02-2006, 10:27 PM
Harquebus

Which tank did you end up ordering? I don't think you made it clear.

Tankzone, for one, has extra accessories like jerry cans, helmets and K ration crates made out of white metal:
http://www.tankzone.co.uk/cart/tz_henglong.htm

The .50 cal machine gun is removable from the hull (it comes separately) but the rest of the crates and ammo cans are glued to the hull of the Pershing. A lot of people have removed these altogether or placed them according to their own desires.

You can do a really good paintjob either on a Bulldog or Pershing with paint from Wal-Mart--just pick up a 12 oz. can of Krylon Special Purpose Olive Drab from the hardware section and use it. It is a very close match to WWII OD. No need for primer, just spray it directly on the tank.

If you need some .30 cal ammo cans and helmets from an original HL, contact me by PM as I'd be happy to send them your way.

P.S., that last pic is an original K-ration crate (er, repro made from original pattern)...

-Harq

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51802.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	534372   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51486.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	534373   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15743.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	534374  
Old 10-03-2006, 07:25 AM
kuhndog599

i got the bulldog.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:42 PM
hobbimaster

Bulldog? Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think the bulldog is HL's newest tank and only comes fully S&S with metal gearboxes and 10 steps in speed. I've never seen it offered otherwise. Darn good tank, love mine!
Old 10-03-2006, 06:07 PM
Walker Patton

ORIGINAL: WhiteWolf McBride
How to report a seller for this garbage:

You select "Report This Item" at the bottom of the page, then select "Listing Policy Violations" in Step 1, " Excessive Shipping & Handling" in Step 2, and Step 3 auto-selects to the same. Tap the option, and the "Continue" box is enabled, so hit that. Then read the Policy about it if you like, or just hit "Email Us With Your Question Or Concern" and it puts that item into the reportable item box, and hit "Send".

Congratulations, you just reported an unscrupulous seller.

PS: Yes, I did report the j*ck*ss. You can too if you want.
Does Ebay actually take action against the seller? It's my understanding that the company doesn't even know half of what's going on under their noses unless a computer reaches out and slaps an employee upside the head. And then they only respond according to what the automatted system tells them to do. No judge, no jury, no nothing. Individual circumstances and explanations fall on deaf ears.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:45 PM
WhiteWolf McBride
My Feedback: (3)

WP:

Last time I reported someone for this, I went back two days later and the auction was gone. Yea, I'd say eBay takes action. I dunno what they do in the long term, but I've seen a few sellers disappear, and new ones appear selling the same thing, same area, but what have they lost? The FEEDBACK.

Bottom line is, if you do not report them, these guys will get away with scr*wing you over for what amounts to illegal postage. Its a self-policing system... i don't go ad-prowling to find twerps like that one, but when I do find one, I DO report them.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:34 AM
Rathead123

ORIGINAL: hobbimaster

Bulldog? Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think the bulldog is HL's newest tank and only comes fully S&S with metal gearboxes and 10 steps in speed. I've never seen it offered otherwise. Darn good tank, love mine!
Yep there is a non S&S non metal version, mostly seen on E-bay. I dont know if its 10 speed or 2 speed, but if its non S&S, its likely the 2 speed type. Also theres an S&S 10 speed non metal. And the S&S with metal gear 10 speeds, as far as I know, ony Mato offers the metal gear option as installed.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:54 AM
bhop73

I bought a Bulldog yesterday from Raidentech.com (they're not far from me so shipping should be faster than mato). It says 'smoke and sound' on their site, so i'm counting on it being the one with 10 speeds. I was under the impression that the metal gears is a MatoToys specialty, so i'm expecting plastic gears inside.. but honestly, does it make a difference if the gears are metal or plastic? Has there been any cases of the gears stripping or anything?
Old 10-04-2006, 04:52 AM
Rathead123

S&S models come with 10 speeds, every now and then you will see a non S&S advertised. As far as the gears, hadnt heard of a problem with the plastic gears, some have reported a clutch slippage problem after installing metal tracks, or running on high resistance surface, ( tall grass, carpet etc). You can "back" read some post on when these problems occured, and how they were solved. Mine, ( Bulldog) has the metal gears, but I dont see these things wearing either metal or plastic gears out.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:49 PM
Harquebus

Ditto on the durability of the plastic gears. If I'm not mistaken, most of the gears in Tamiya tanks are also plastic, or more specifically nylon, and they are quite tough. If you look closely, the gearbox construction and the gears themselves are probably the most precision (and foolproof) thing on the HL tanks and that's not saying much however.

The only difference worth mentioning is that the metal gears will be noisier and will require more lube/maintenance. Nylon gears have a self-lubricating quality to them and they generally create less friction than metal ones. People want metal gears for the cool factor I presume.

Haven't heard a thing about gear failure of any kind in the HL, catastrophic or otherwise.

-Harq

ORIGINAL: bhop73
.. but honestly, does it make a difference if the gears are metal or plastic? Has there been any cases of the gears stripping or anything?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.