Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

smoke and sound function.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

smoke and sound function.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 02:01 AM
pantiger man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default smoke and sound function.

hi guys, just tested out my bulldog started it up when i was cruising along and i could smell the smoke but couldnt see any coming out do i have to refill it or something and could you just buy the oil from a hardware shop or something.

thanx for any help.

kind regards pantigerman.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:14 AM
schutzstaffel

Default RE: smoke and sound function.

they come already factory filled ,
mine smoked for about 20min, then i had to refill (about 15 good drops),if you put too much oil it wont burn,not enough the heating element burns,very touchy ,that why soon or later they brake.
i use my smoke unit only for show off[8D]
Old 11-28-2006, 12:12 AM
Harquebus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think schutzstaffel is right. To add to his advice I would tell you that the smoke unit is a great idea but poorly executed. The main problem is there's too much "batting" inserted into the unit. This is a fibrous cloth-like material meant to keep the oil from coming out of the reservoir and to keep the heating element supplied with smoke oil. Basically a sponge that feeds the mechanism.

Someone else had already discovered this excess of material in the smoker but it does seem to clog up the smoker to a noticeable degree. When I opened my smoker, there was batting everywhere and some stuffed right underneath the exit pipes (or where the smoke exits the pump and enters the vinyl tubing). Once I removed the excess, I ran the smoke unit and the output was increased. Will know more when I re-seal the reservoir and re-connect the tubes.

As for buying just any old oil from a hardware shop as a replacement--I would advise against that as it might be uncompatible with your smoker. I think the smoke oil used for model locomotives would be suitable. Hmm, some experimentation seems to be in order though............

-Harq
Old 11-28-2006, 01:48 AM
schutzstaffel

thanks harquebus for the finishing touche on that smoking subject,[sm=wink_smile.gif]
had forgot to tell about that excess of packing material..

and for the refill it is the left side hose hidden in the left muffler (more direct route,falls right on top of the packing ).
oooh, almost forgot..
lift the rear of the tank about 5-6 inches.

Old 11-28-2006, 01:59 AM
pantiger man

thanks for the help guys its greately appreciated.

kind regards pantigerman.