Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Stuart help needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 06:50 AM
most haunted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuart help needed

Hello all, I wonder if any of you kind gentlemen could help me. I'm busy modifying a 1/6 21st Century Stuart tank and I've accidentally knocked the thin red and blue wires from off the main on/off switch at the rear of the tank, so could anyone tell me which wire goes to which terminal on the switch as I assume that polarity is an issue here.
Many thanks,
Les.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:42 AM
dinodog

Default RE: Stuart help needed

Hiya, I don't own a Stuart, but until some one who does lets you know, I think you can relax about flow. Making a mistake should only affect the way the switch reads i.e. off becomes on etc. If you do pop them back on the wrong way round it shouldn't do any harm as the switch is in line. If you are worried get a Multi Tester on Ebay @£5 or £6. I have included photos of my Tri Pact Speed Controller in my 1:12 M1A2 MBT. You may consider one if your original set-up ever blows. I love "conversions" and your Stuart must be a dream with all that access to 1:6 stuff. I use Plan b toys 1:12 action figures, please check out my Gallery, but due to the lack of 1:12 stuff I end up making a lot of it by hand.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99659.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	575788   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82482.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	575789  
Old 12-12-2006, 01:52 PM
most haunted

Hi Dinodog, many thanks for the reply. I've just checked it with a meter and yes you're right it is in line, it only makes or breaks the two wires. The main thing that's wrong with the Stuart as it comes is that it has no proportional speed controller, it's all or nothing. I'll get round to puttng something different in later, probably a 6 channel set-up. Oh, I also have a Tamiya full option KT and a HL Tiger amongst other things.

Many thanks, Les.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:00 PM
dinodog

Hi Les, I have Futaba 4 Ch with the Tri Pact. The Tri Pact is all or nothing and takes two servos but it is dirt cheap and reliable. There are robot style mixers which save a servo and Tankzone does a 2 motor proportional @ £90 I think. Will you need 45% of your speed during combat? Check out rctankcombat.com, lots of tips for big scale stuff there. My M1A2 was originally an Hailaing No.3088 1:12 scale bought off ebay, you know the one with rockets on top, oil drum on the back and the Frankenstein Commander. Soon stripped it and got it looking and doing what I want! I will be sad when it's finished! Dino. [8D]