Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Took the tanks out today..interesting

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Took the tanks out today..interesting

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 08:01 PM
Turbobearcat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Took the tanks out today..interesting

Well the first set of pictures are of two tanks, one being the Academy Panther G that is RC and my Russian T34-85 tank out running on the dirt/sand at our local ballpark..

I did take the Tiger I out with the new metal tracks and I was not happy with the amount of jamming that was going on... the tracks would jam due to too much slack in the tracks.

after I got home I removed 1 link per side and this has taken care of my throwing tracks for now.

Old 12-17-2006, 10:26 PM
stcla1r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Took the tanks out today..interesting

nice,the panther looks like it just rolled off the assemly line.i like the factory fresh look.any future plans?
Old 12-18-2006, 03:01 AM
Joe717

Cool pics, love the panther.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:07 AM
Turbobearcat

Well to answer the question of the Panther's plans, the only thing I did different is I used real hemp rope which you can see on the side of it, then later this year I hope to use sandbags or dirty it up alittle bit to make it look more used.. The two other Panther and Jagdpanther are still waiting on the electronics to come in from a friend of mine in China so I am hoping this happens this week! The Panther did very well on the rough ground and very well on grass, the T34-85 would pounce on the ground but on grass it was fast and smooth just like the real thing.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:42 AM
Leo2A6 Owner

To keep your tracks from jamming keep your track tension adjusted so there are 4 scale fingers height between the top of the first road wheel and the bottom surface of the track.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:22 AM
Turbobearcat

ORIGINAL: Leo2A6 Owner

To keep your tracks from jamming keep your track tension adjusted so there are 4 scale fingers height between the top of the first road wheel and the bottom surface of the track.
I took one link of each side...somewhat tighter but the first drive wheel top does not touch the track...the rest do! before the track road ontop of the road wheels.

I'm happy with the setup now.

I need to order a replacement gearbox for my Abrams since I have a bad gear and I ordered linked tracks for the Abrams as well..
Old 12-18-2006, 02:10 PM
FMB42

Good looking armor you have Turbo! I really like the T34/85 but the Panther is a "must" have. Thanx for the pics and please do send more of the Jagdpanther. I do not understand why Jagdpanther is so rarely modeled as it was one of the very best AFVs of the war.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:27 PM
Turbobearcat

ORIGINAL: FMB42

Good looking armor you have Turbo! I really like the T34/85 but the Panther is a "must" have. Thanx for the pics and please do send more of the Jagdpanther. I do not understand why Jagdpanther is so rarely modeled as it was one of the very best AFVs of the war.
Thank you!

My other panther is in grey and looks mean and I hope to have some options with it when it's competed.

just need the electronics at this point and they are ready to Rock-N-Roll!