Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

HL TIGER 1 NOT WORKING

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 12:54 PM
iggysmith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HL TIGER 1 NOT WORKING

Hello folks I am new to the forum and have just bought a ready to roll HL Tiger 1 with smoke. I have powered it up and all I get is the lights flashing on the tank and a red light on the controller. The instructions say the tank is in programming mode but depite following the instructions nothing seems to work.

I would appreciate if anyone else has had a similar problem letting me know if it can be fixed or is it best to just return it.

I bought a Panther tank non smoking older version and that works fine. The tiger though is completely motionless. the radio crystals are both in their sockets correctly and the batteries are all charged or new.

I have read through the forum before posting this in the hope of finding the answer already there but can`t see it, I have noticed that this tank does seem to be problematic though.

I hope it can be fixed or programmed.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to reply to my appeal.

Regards

Ian.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:12 PM
Stern

Default RE: HL TIGER 1 NOT WORKING

Hallo,

Maybe only - bad crystals: change them and try others.

If not - I would do the following for the first:

1. Open the controller box and take a look if all is soldered well (maybe a cable inside the controller is not soldered like it should)

2. Open the tank and take a look if all is soldered well.

Greetings

P.S.:
This will be the start of a great relation to your Tiger I - enjoy it ! [8D]
Old 12-18-2006, 01:36 PM
TIGER76

This will be the start of a great relation to your Tiger I - enjoy it !
lol so true get used to opening her up it will happen alot tho most will be for modding and a few fixes lol
Still the best tinkering tank to buy
like stern says probally something not soldered
enjoy it tho m8 ive been lucky with mine so far [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 12-18-2006, 01:48 PM
FMB42

Hi iggy, I'm sure you have already checked the following:

Tx and tank are set to the same freq. band (i.e. A/A, B/B, C/C)
Tx and tank ant. is tight and/or fully extended.
Tx and tank batt.s have been changed with known good (fully charged) units.
You are not picking up interference from flour. lights and/or other electrical or electronic devices.

The next thing I would look for would be a broken Tx or tank ant. wire. Also check for other broken wires and or bad circuit board joints like Stern mentioned. I lost a plane Tx due to an un-soldered board joint that failed after the board heated up and created an open circuit.[] Other wise I would return the unit to the seller. HTH.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:08 PM
martin g

Hi

When this happened to me it was the crystals, check them as mentioned 1st !!
Old 12-18-2006, 05:45 PM
bullyhys

Iggy,

No offence, This is going to sound stupid..and forgive me if you have already done this.

On the front of the S+S Xmiter there are 3 small black buttons the left is engine start the other 2 are the fire buttons. That said with the Tiger on (with the lights flashing) and red light "on" on the Xmiter press the start (Has a what looks to be a key symbol on it)
HL S+S Tiger1 doesn't do anything till its started

If you have already done so then the issue is most likly the Xtals happend to me too.
best of luck.

Regards,
bullyhys

ORIGINAL: iggysmith

Hello folks I am new to the forum and have just bought a ready to roll HL Tiger 1 with smoke. I have powered it up and all I get is the lights flashing on the tank and a red light on the controller. The instructions say the tank is in programming mode but depite following the instructions nothing seems to work.

I would appreciate if anyone else has had a similar problem letting me know if it can be fixed or is it best to just return it.

I bought a Panther tank non smoking older version and that works fine. The tiger though is completely motionless. the radio crystals are both in their sockets correctly and the batteries are all charged or new.

I have read through the forum before posting this in the hope of finding the answer already there but can`t see it, I have noticed that this tank does seem to be problematic though.

I hope it can be fixed or programmed.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to reply to my appeal.

Regards

Ian.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:05 PM
Wozwasnt

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The S+S version of the tiger isn't programable (looks like you've got the non S+S instructions). You need to do what bullyhys says.