Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Greetings

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 11:32 PM
Tank4fun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings

Hi to all current members. I am a Newbie and also new to discussion forums, so please bear with me if I am slow to answer.(also a slow typist and still learning to navigate the forum site.)

My first question is, has anyone ever dealt with E.Hobby Depot.com out of Cali? I had placed an order for a HL 1:16 German Tiger 1 on Dec 5 and after printing receipt have not heard from them since. Tried e-mailing(3 times) for delivery status, but with no response and calling them is also a major dead end.

Well, it looks like I'm not going to have My gift for the holidays......but on the bright side, my sons HL 1:16 S/S German Tiger1 from Raidentech sits gift wrapped under the tree.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:20 AM
pantiger man

Default RE: Greetings

Welcome to the forums mate and hope ya get ya tank for chrissy.

kind regrds pantigerman
Old 12-21-2006, 05:39 AM
Stern

Welcome !!!
Old 12-21-2006, 06:50 PM
Harquebus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum! Be sure to tell your friends; we need all the people we can get into this fringe hobby.

Never dealt with E.Hobby before but I have dealt with ZHobby, also from the Republik of Kalifornia. Most of these online sources like Raidentech all use the same product photos and description so I'm fairly certain they have a corporate relationship. My question is why didn't you order this other Tiger from Raidentech too? They have gotten good reviews from this forum and obviously you have one under the tree already.

It would've been my suggestion to charge up the battery and test drive your son's Tiger before you wrapped it. That way you'd know if all the functions performed flawlessly and of course the battery would be ready to go on Christmas day. HL's have problems operating even marginally good from time to time so at least you'd have prior knowledge of something amiss and once armed with advice from this forum, you'd have more options than simply returning the darned thing.

In any regard, I hope you get your order resolved.

-Harq

ORIGINAL: SurfVBer

Hi to all current members. I am a Newbie and also new to discussion forums, so please bear with me if I am slow to answer.(also a slow typist and still learning to navigate the forum site.)

My first question is, has anyone ever dealt with E.Hobby Depot.com out of Cali? I had placed an order for a HL 1:16 German Tiger 1 on Dec 5 and after printing receipt have not heard from them since. Tried e-mailing(3 times) for delivery status, but with no response and calling them is also a major dead end.

Well, it looks like I'm not going to have My gift for the holidays......but on the bright side, my sons HL 1:16 S/S German Tiger1 from Raidentech sits gift wrapped under the tree.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:29 PM
Tank4fun

Thanks for the welcome All.

Harq, My son and I are new to r/c tanks and decided to get one for X-mas. Went on line, punched in 1/16 r/c tank and started shopping. Chose Raiden because of good prices and reviews. Shortly after making my sons order, I also decided on one too. Shopped and found EHobby(big mistake) with their HL 1/16,non s/s Tiger I for $45 and $15 s/h at that time.... EHobby, if you're listening, I'm still waiting for a response and/or my Tiger.

When my sons TigerI arrived, I did open the box and make an exterior inspection which checked OK, but while flipping over I heard a single rattle inside. Harq, I will take your advise and do a thorough inspection(do simple repair if needed) and test run before X-mas.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:19 PM
Tank4fun

Just to let you All know,I took some good advise on options and ordered a Complete Heavy Metal Upgrade accessories for my sons Tiger I from Mato's sale. Is this part of the options you're talking about Harq? I know...my son and I have'nt even started yet...I think I'm already bit...Later.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:48 AM
karma99

SurfVBer, I just got the metal tracks/sprockets for my HL Tiger after having had a standard plastic one before. The difference is incredible!
If you like to charge around like a maniac it will run over anything with ease, and if you like to drive "scale" then it finally feels like a Heavy tank. Fitting them is an interesting experience but as I've read constantly on the forum, it's good to get into an intimate relationship with your tanks early on.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:51 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

On the Tiger the best thing to do is remove the back panel that has the exhaust stacks. This allows you free access to center punch out the rear axle shaft . That to me was the most difficult thing about changing over to metal wheels.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:20 AM
karma99

ORIGINAL: YHR

On the Tiger the best thing to do is remove the back panel that has the exhaust stacks. This allows you free access to center punch out the rear axle shaft . That to me was the most difficult thing about changing over to metal wheels.
I only have the metal sprockets and tracks at the moment, the idlers are "on the way" in the New Year according to the note that came with my tank. Can you expand on what you mean please YHR, I didn't think the idler replacement would be any different to the sprocket replacement, ie unscrew them and put on the new ones?
Old 12-26-2006, 03:09 AM
Harquebus

Um, no. The options I was referring to were in regard to different options about you fixing the tank in a do-it-yourself mode if the tank didn't work by chance. I think most newbies would rather give up, return the tank and never think about getting an RC tank again.

But when we're talking about upgrade options for the Tiger, then that is a good thing since the Tiger NEEDS help. The Tiger's a very tempermental tank and likes to break and throw its tracks a lot so it really benefits by having metal tracks and gears installed.

Give EHobby a bit more time. Perhaps the hectic Christmas season has swamped them an perhaps your correspondence with the has gotten unaswered or misplaced because of all the chaos. If all else fails, take the matter up with your credit card company.

Have fun with your new tanks,
-Harq

ORIGINAL: SurfVBer

Just to let you All know,I took some good advise on options and ordered a Complete Heavy Metal Upgrade accessories for my sons Tiger I from Mato's sale. Is this part of the options you're talking about Harq? I know...my son and I have'nt even started yet...I think I'm already bit...Later.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:34 AM
Tank4fun

Harq, My sons tank seems to be in good working order after being enjoyed all day. The inside rattling noise turned out to be a piece of plastic , possibly from a part flashing/molding rack.