Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

What options are available?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

What options are available?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 10:09 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default What options are available?

As a recent Tankaholic, I am wondering about what else a guy can add to the HL Tiger to improve them? I have done all the standard stuff to mine, but I was wondering if there were other options to upgrade. Does anyone make a better sounding board that is available? How hard is it to wire in the Tamiya IR battle system to the HL electronics? Anyone have tutorials on the subject?.

I have had my tanks for about two months now. A Tiger and a Bulldog. Both are running fine, but I have had both of them completely apart and tinkered with just about everything mechanical on them. The electronics haven't presented a problem, but I did rewire some things I thought looked sloppy. Over all for the money, I must say I am completely satisfied with the value of the HL tanks. If it is possible to wire in the Tamiya IR system then I will be even happier.

The airsoft guns are not great but I did all I could to improve them. Mine will now shoot and be airborne for about 30 ft. The only way you are going to get 25 metres out of these guns is if you shoot down a steep hill on a paved road. I doubt anyone would be very accurate outside 30 feet anyway so for me it is a non issue.

Anyone who has lost the rubber grommet from the airsoft gun , listen up. You can make a replacement using 1/4 rubber tubing. Just slice off a piece and fit it inside the airsoft mechanism, and push it into place with the barrel. Guys who complain about the bb just making past the bbl, no doubt have an issue with this rubber grommet.

I really hope there is someone out there who has done the IR conversion, as I think over all this is the best way to actually simulate a tank battle.

Old 12-22-2006, 12:28 PM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What options are available?

I think it was Stern who made fiber optic machine guns, rear tail lights for the Tiger and an awesome smoker that utilizes a model train smoker with a computer fan. I'm working on gun performance and a 360 turret mod. There's a guy who added a fiber optic cigarette to the tank commander's mouth- I'm going to do that with my M26A1 to light up (Cigar!) when the gun fires.

There was an effort to make a Tamiya compatible laser battle system for our tanks, have not heard anything new on it in a few months. There was also another effort to replace the electronics with improved sounds and lower speed handling.

I like the stock electronics from an economy standpoint. Currently have 9 tanks, and like the commonality of parts between all of them. Maybe HL in the future could alter the boards with drop in sound chips so we can change the sounds from Tiger, Sherman M4 or M4A3, PZIII, Pershing, etc.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:41 PM
raimian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What options are available?

there will be a 100% tamiya battle system and new electronics available from april next year from a company called clarks.
http://www.freewebtown.com/jyliang/eng/index_e.html

the electronic systems that they are working on are a dream for HL owners. a good 3600 battery is a must to get high run times for all tanks