Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

glueing pins on metal traks

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

glueing pins on metal traks

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 07:38 AM
EugeniRUS

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default glueing pins on metal traks

Hi Guys,

There are long New Year Holidays ahead. Finally I will have time to paint my metal tracks. I need to apply CA glue first. How do you put it?
Do pins look like pins with a bulb on the end after applying? Or there is a small amount of glue? What if glue gets into a link?

Regards,
Eugene
Old 12-23-2006, 03:07 PM
crosswind4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: glueing pins on metal traks

Those pins are straight on both ends.

I did my HL Tiger because the pins were loose and coming out.

Just put a small dab on all of my pins on the outside of the track.

After it sets just give the links a little wiggle in case they stiffen.

Cheers Dave
Old 12-23-2006, 03:19 PM
EXTANKER

i use a 5 min. 2 part epoxy. mix up EQUAL amount ,i use a hypo type .make a batch about the size of a quarter then i take a tooth pick and put a dab on each pin/connector on out side. you will get better as you go ,when the epoxy starts to stiffen make a new batch then let dry for at least a day turn over and repeat. only a dab but after they harden if ya got a blob sand it down. make sure the mix is equal some times ya squeeze them out and ya get more of one than the other that is no good. i use loctite brand epoxy
Old 12-23-2006, 03:37 PM
W Reid
My Feedback: (-1)

I used green loctite for the metal tracks for my Tamiya King Tiger. I used a small pin and placed a little bit in the hole on the outside edge of the track link opposite the head on the track pin as well as a little bit in front the head on the track pin the pushed the pin in place. My track pins are locked in place nicely and a little heat from a soldering iron on the track link lets me remove it easy. So far they have all stayed in place. They key was to use enought to just keep the pin from coming out but not enought to cause the track links not to move freely.

Wayne Reid

Ontario,Canada