Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

couple of questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 04:47 PM
JerB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default couple of questions

hey guys

I have a couple questions that I hope I could get some help with, here they are:

1) does anybody have a tip or trick to get the track pins in, I know this sounds stupid but I try for ever sometimes to get the tracks pins in and it seems that they Always ride up and over the top of the tracks. The only way that I can get them in is start at the bottom and push them up and then having the wife keep a small screwdriver flush on the tracks to keep them in line with the groove of the track, this only happens with the tiger tracks and panther tracks

2) on the topic of tracks links, I was able to get murphy to send me some extra pins but was wondering what I could substitue if I run out of pins? ( I find the bend easy )

Thanks for the help with these weird questions,lol

Jeremy
Old 12-28-2006, 06:27 PM
martin g

Default RE: couple of questions

I dont seem to get problems, are your tracks tight? meaning do you seem to have to really push the end together when fittin the final pin? if so try adding a link and see if it helps, you dont want them too slack of course they should be a snug fit basically with just a llittle pull to bring the ends together.

I usually insert the pin into the first point on the outer link, then marry the track together with both hands but I leave the index finger of my right hand free to push the pin through, wiggling whilst i do so to align the holes. Once its almost home, a push from any flat metal object to set the pin home. Shame they dont make a tool, when I was in the Military we had a tool for linking GPMG ( heavy machine gun) links together and to insert the rounds into it, looks like a simlar principle.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:16 PM
JerB

Default RE: couple of questions

cheers for the help mate, yeah a tool would be great. I think i might have a harder time also cause I have painted my tracks so the pins are covered in paint which makes them very tight, maybe next time I have to put pins in I will clean them off and lightly oil them. funny thing is I see people say that links are too loose and I have a problem that mine are too tight,lol