Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

tank with wireless camera???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

tank with wireless camera???

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 08:36 AM
tessj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tank with wireless camera???

Hello
I am after a bit of advice, I am thinking about putting a mini camera into the turret of a heng long tiger, I wondered if any one had done or tried this or ever heard of a similar thing being tried or done? Any pictures or information would be very helpful, even if it was a different type of tank or make. Its a wireless colour camera, about the size of a 1p and used a 9volt battery send the picture to a TV or computer, I am sure someone must have done this so any help would be great,i have included a picture of the set up i want to try maybe it will help, thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf10394.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	586505  
Old 12-30-2006, 09:09 AM
Stern

Default RE: tank with wireless camera???

I have done it - very nice ! [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4845533/anchors_4845533/mpage_1/key_Wittmann%252C1331/anchor/tm.htm#4845533]click[/link]

Old 12-30-2006, 11:54 AM
tessj

very nice tank,think its the same set up as i wanted to use,did you consider trying to put the camera inside the turret and using the spot where the red machine gun is for the lense to go,am not sure yet if there is room in there just wondered if you had tried it?also what was the pictures like and was it colour
Old 12-30-2006, 12:09 PM
Stern

Hallo,

nice pictures

The camera is really o.k. - but if you want to have a perfect pic you will have to spend 200 € and more ... What would be good is a USB receiver - so you can put your material directly on the PC.

I have seen someones Tiger with the camera inside ... place should be enough ... but for my taste the best view is above the turret ...

Greetings
Old 12-30-2006, 12:35 PM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you search this and other forums you'll find build ups with pictures where people have installed the camera in the mantlet. I'm currently placing mine in a searchlight housing on top of the main gun. It's not really historically correct for a Pershing but close enough, M41s did use the searchlight. The camera will use the onboard battery, coming to life when the switch is turned on.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:20 PM
kuhndog599

if you get it working, its a lot of fun. my brother and i will stay in the house watching the tv, using the camera as our eyes.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:47 PM
Joe717

Hi,

I have a wireless camera currently mounted to my tank, it's alot of fun, though, the one I purchased is giving me trouble, I can only get maybe 10Metres of range. any suggestions ?