Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Heng long Poll

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 12:17 AM
doctorfawkes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Heng long Poll

I love my Bulldog. Its currently stock, and will getting a metal gear upgrade this winter, once tanking season is over for 2008.
Performance is good. I take it to a local agricultical college's park/garden which provides some varied terrain; mostly grass, but also has mulch, some small boulders, gravel, pine needles, and fist to halffist sized rock beds along with concrete sidewalks. It handles these all well stock. You need to turn pretty easily on the grass, or superspin, or you hear the nylon gears grind. Also, the incline of hills you can take straight-on in grass is reduced (solved by reversing and coming in at an angle). All in all, no complaints what so ever.

Some of the earlier posts mentioned issues with wiring etc. I got my Bulldog from RC Scale Model and they did an inspection on my tank to make sure the board was up to date and everything was working before it shipped.

(On a personal note, theres lots of older couples who come to walk through the gardens. If I'm running near a walkway, the husband inevitably stops for several seconds to watch the tanking, with a "I want one!" posture)
Old 07-30-2008, 01:53 AM
wackywheelz

Thats not the gears grinding - as bad as it sounds its actually doing no harm. The slipper clutch keeps the motors spinning while allowing the tank to remain stationary (if its jammed or something stuck in tracks etc) the motors are not able to stall (draw max amperage) so it doesnt damage the boards.

It's a good safety system, but some tanks have very sensitive slipper clutches (my Pershing was one) which kicks in at the worst times (climbing a hill, sometimes a simple turn on a grippy surface) - I ended up doing a quick guide on disabling the clutch ([link=http://members.iinet.net.au/~wackywheelz/]my site[/link]).
Old 07-30-2008, 05:23 AM
Panzerfaust77

ORIGINAL: wackywheelz

Thats not the gears grinding - as bad as it sounds its actually doing no harm. The slipper clutch keeps the motors spinning while allowing the tank to remain stationary (if its jammed or something stuck in tracks etc) the motors are not able to stall (draw max amperage) so it doesnt damage the boards.

It's a good safety system, but some tanks have very sensitive slipper clutches (my Pershing was one) which kicks in at the worst times (climbing a hill, sometimes a simple turn on a grippy surface) - I ended up doing a quick guide on disabling the clutch ([link=http://members.iinet.net.au/~wackywheelz/]my site[/link]).
Excellent site wacky [8D]
Old 07-30-2008, 05:42 AM
wackywheelz

Why thank you Panzerfaust
Old 07-30-2008, 10:56 PM
doctorfawkes

So that's what that sound was! Thank you for the explanation, its good to know I'm not killing my gearboxes, even if it sounds like I am!
And I'd like to echo Panzerfaust's sentiments, great site.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:48 PM
thebronze

TIGER 1

Had mine for about a yr...Non S&S..Beat the hell outta it..Not thrown a track once...Not fried a board yet either