Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

surfing international sites

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

surfing international sites

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 06:41 PM
Perry S.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default surfing international sites

All, a simple trick that most of you probably already know but if it helps a few.... Seems like a lot of the best upgrade parts are on German or Japanese sites. Being a yank, this does me no good.
I use babel fish
http://babelfish.altavista.com/

copy the url from the target site and paste it into the box. select german to english and hit translate. It will translate the page and most links you click on. Pretty rough translations but at least you can navigate. Some can be pretty funny
Hope this helps someone
Perry
Old 03-27-2007, 01:25 AM
Harquebus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: surfing international sites

Use them all the time so I can easily peruse the better boards which are, just like you say, mainly in German and Japanese. I understand German but still find translated German amusing to use. Sometimes I don't feel like being German from time to time...

Unfortunately, the translation services seem to offer only the major European and Asian languages. The "Nordic" and Slavic types (Norwegian, Finnish, Danish, Icelandic, Czech, etc.) are hard to come by.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:43 PM
pattoncommander

That program is a disaster unless you are really desperate. It translates word for word and has extremely limited ability in technical or armor terminology. My son used it and I had to to re-translate the whole page for him to prevent him from sounding like a total idiot. I speak German and studied Japanese, and my wife speaks 6 languages, so have a bit of an edge on Ebay. Most of the foreign sites have an English/American speaker available, so if you correspond in English, in most cases, they will get back to you in kind.

Bill
Old 03-27-2007, 08:01 PM
shadopilot

I also speak enough German to get by. My mom is Bavarian and we grew up speaking it at home. ( Nord deutch not bayerish!) I can read a good deal of it but not write it very well. Some of the words are huge! Nahvertidegungswaffe!! ( I probably spelled that wrong! LOL!)
Old 03-27-2007, 08:07 PM
The_Stuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol i saw waffle in there ... but there is no waffle.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:56 AM
pattoncommander

"close defense weapon".. ganz einfach..richtig buchstabiert. I studied music in Würzburg for 11 years.
Bill