Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Gallery ranking system

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 04:41 AM
Lamps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gallery ranking system

Hi All,

I was looking through the gallery earlier and some of the effort that has gone into a lot of the tanks has not been echoed in the rank for the pictures. Some of the tanks have a score as low as 1 when they clearly should have been given more respect by the voters and I feel that the anonymous voting is contributing to that.

Wouldn't it be better to have an option to see who has voted so we get a more honest opinion, or do you think it would have an opposite effect and people will vote higher just because they don't want to upset anyone ?

Personally I would be honest and vote as I see it.

Also would it be possible to have a option to add a comment on the pictures when making a vote, to suggest why the rank was given and how the model could be improved in your opinion ?

Any opinions on this subject, or have I overlooked this being mentioned before ?

regards to all,

Mark.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:57 AM
ArmChairGeneral

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Gallery ranking system

Sounds like good suggestions to me, I have looked through the gallery but haven't given ranking much thought.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:40 AM
pcomm1

Hi Mark,

The gallery judging is tough, but maybe fair too. Before I start a new build I take a look at this site for inspiration.

The 1/16 King Tiger holds the bar pretty high: http://www.naritafamily.com/Scalemod...hoto_frame.htm

For me, this tank build is a 10.

Regards, John
Old 07-20-2007, 07:18 AM
Lamps

Hi John,

That KT is fantastic and worth a 10 for sure [sm=tongue_smile.gif]

I have no issue with any picture I have posted previously so I am not concerned about myself but I did notice a few tanks had ranks so low that it simply wasn't an indication
of the amount of time that went into it and certainly didn't warrant a very low score[X(] Some of the pictures are even WIP and have been given low ranks before they are even made

I should add, a lot of the voting looks to be very fair though and after going through the entire gallery earlier it's only the odd few that have been marked unfairly in my opinion. That may just be the problem though, we all have a different view on things so maybe it's just my way of thinking.

I had a go at painting my HL Tiger yesterday and I can appreciate how difficult it is to paint a 1/16 tank well. [:-]