Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

DBC and DBU question

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default DBC and DBU question

With these units how are people addressing the muzzel brake flash. In most club competitions you must have a visible barrel flash in order to compete. Granted there are clubs that wont accept anything but Tamiya tanks but others aren't as close minded. But i believe they still require the flash so your opponent can see that he is being fired at. what have some of you done for this. i'm thinking of getting the complete DBU setup for my HL Tiger I
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31591.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	1040889   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79344.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	1040890  
Old 09-25-2008, 06:27 PM
blitzkrieg65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DBC and DBU question

I install the Blitz superflash! 2 LEDs with a 75 ohm resitor on the Hot leg atteched to the points below!

The Blitz

Name:	Ig13027.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	1040903  
Old 09-25-2008, 07:30 PM
Panther G

What is the second LED for blitz? the machine gun?
Old 09-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Panther G

I think this will be my next project. Now I cant decide which tank too mod, my Pershing or my tiger. I'm also getting the new T34/85 from Bill. Cant wait. Been wanting a 34/85 for a long time now. Need something for my Tam Panther G to stalk.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:35 PM
darkith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blitz's suggestion works good, as long as you don't enable the block recoil function. If you want to disable the track recoil, you either need to use a DBC-RC2HL (which has a flash) or you could tack on a LED FET driver that's triggered by the fire sound output. Haven't tried it yet, but it's possible.

D.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:38 PM
Panther G

I never really liked the track recoil. It is far too abrupt. if it were a little less harsh i wouldn't mind but i would like to get rid of it. You may have to run all that by me again in English Darkith.LOL I'm electronicaly challenged.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:52 PM
blitzkrieg65

ORIGINAL: Panther G

What is the second LED for blitz? the machine gun?
Panther G I am just combining two LED's a red and yellow to make the flash look yellow from the front and red from the sides!

Here is another picture of the direct points to connect to, as it was brought to my attention the yesterday not all boards had an alternative spot for the pos side of the LED! It can be tricky so David's idea to attach to the Fet on Davids DBC board is one will have to test out!

The Blitz

Name:	Li21004.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	300.7 KB
ID:	1040930  
Old 09-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Panther G

I got it now. i think I'll let you experts work it out a little longer LOL. when you do let me know. I'll be watching.fascinating stuff.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:00 AM
kclank

ORIGINAL: darkith

Blitz's suggestion works good, as long as you don't enable the block recoil function. If you want to disable the track recoil, you either need to use a DBC-RC2HL (which has a flash) or you could tack on a LED FET driver that's triggered by the fire sound output. Haven't tried it yet, but it's possible.

D.

Hey Blitz is this possibly the answer to my firng LED not working as we discussed the other day?
Old 09-29-2008, 01:24 PM
blitzkrieg65

ORIGINAL: kclank

D.

Hey Blitz is this possibly the answer to my firng LED not working as we discussed the other day?
Ken if you disabled the recoil when using the DBC that is correct you will not get the flash! but also the attachment place where you have the positive line must only touch the third leg or it will short out on the the legs next to it and can wreck the sound board! David has some ideas of where to attach at a different spot on one of the fets! I cannot test this this week but I will try to get this tested, orrr maybe YHR or david can confirm??

The Blitz
Old 09-30-2008, 10:15 AM
kclank

ORIGINAL: blitzkrieg65

ORIGINAL: kclank

D.

Ken if you disabled the recoil when using the DBC that is correct you will not get the flash! but also the attachment place where you have the positive line must only touch the third leg or it will short out on the the legs next to it and can wreck the sound board! David has some ideas of where to attach at a different spot on one of the fets! I cannot test this this week but I will try to get this tested, orrr maybe YHR or david can confirm??

The Blitz
Yes the recoil was blocked. too bad this did not come up in our discussion the other day , might have saved a board but maybe not. Anyway i will enable the recoil again and give it a try.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:19 PM
blitzkrieg65

Battle units PRICE is going up in price starting November 1st! Both systems will be the same price and I have the new prices on the Website so if you want to get a system and save a few bucks get you order in by the end of October!

http://www.rctankwars.com/battlecircuits.php

Thanks,

The Blitz

RCTankWars.com