Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

WSN Tiger I

Old 10-11-2008, 05:03 AM
h8ted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WSN Tiger I

Hello everyone,

I had the opportunity to pick up the winter scheme WSN T34/85 for a bargain a while back, and now have the chance to purchase the WSN tiger for around the same money.
Is it possible to fit HL metal tracks to these tigers and does the barrell length need adjusting like the HL Tiger I?
Old 10-11-2008, 07:12 AM
calvinlo

Default RE: WSN Tiger I

Had one of the WSN Tiger before. I think the barrel length is slightly shorter, but definitely not as bad as the HL Tiger. Personally, I'll leave it alone.

As for metal track, I'm not sure whether it'll fit, but even if it is possible, I don't advise you doing it - the stock plastic gearbox is too weak and not enough power. You'll have BIG problem running it with metal track anywhere except smooth surfaces.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:56 PM
ostketten

Ditto what Calvin said regarding the tracks and gearboxes, and gun barrel. Despite the weak gearboxes I think the WSN is a nice tank for the money that can also be upgraded according to your needs. The detail is at least as good as the HL Tiger, plus the cannon and MG firing sounds are way better IMO than the pathetic firing sounds on the HL tanks, especially on those with the RX13 boards, and the paint job on the WSN is far superior to anything HL has offered on the US market.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:21 PM
fv432
Banned

You could always upgrade the boxes to tamtoys low profiles using my T34 build as reference Beef up the inner floor pan and stick in H/LONG leccies or tam DMD MFUs just another option

Kind regards Rob
Old 10-11-2008, 04:04 PM
h8ted

Awesome, thanks for the input guys.
I agree with ostketten regarding the firing and MG sounds, althought it's a little annoying having the MG sound whenever you elevate the barrell. Is it possible to fix this and retain the original sounds without going to a HL board?
Old 10-11-2008, 04:46 PM
fv432
Banned

as far as iam aware the sounds will stay and there isnt much can be done
not to sure on the later wsn boards as not to much is known about them but if they are the same as mine then the H/Long boards are a 100% improvement drivability wise and sound wise IMHO

Kind regards Rob
Old 10-11-2008, 06:53 PM
ostketten

ORIGINAL: h8ted

I agree with ostketten regarding the firing and MG sounds, althought it's a little annoying having the MG sound whenever you elevate the barrell. Is it possible to fix this and retain the original sounds....
Maybe, but I suspect the only way to do it would be to disable the barrel elevation function, not a great solution mind you, but I'm thinking of getting a winter white painted version of the WSN Tiger, and this is something I may take a look at doing.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:12 AM
h8ted

Thanks for all the help.

I might eventually gut both the Tiger and the T34/85 and put all new HL gear in them (now HL do IR as well).
Old 10-12-2008, 04:27 AM
Norse

ORIGINAL: h8ted

Thanks for all the help.

I might eventually gut both the Tiger and the T34/85 and put all new HL gear in them (now HL do IR as well).
the HL IR gear is built into the turret gear of the Stug, your best bet is to just Elmod :P