Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Why Heng Long made M41A3 so big?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Why Heng Long made M41A3 so big?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 09:20 AM
rclaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why Heng Long made M41A3 so big?

There was a thread says the Bulldog M41A3 is a mini tank like the Panzers.... So why did HL made it as big as some of their heavy battle tanks like the Tiger, Panther, Snow Pershing. Can someone please share the info? Thanks.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:56 AM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Why Heng Long made M41A3 so big?

I think HL tried to save on cost of molding a seperate chasis and used the M-26 design. Yeah, the M-41 is way too big. The Century 21 M-41 is about right in relation to 1;16. I'd like to RC it and use it in place of my HL Bulldog. I drove one for a year and always noted it's "cute" size when we pulled up to M-47 and "the new" M-48s' at the wash rack. It paid off when we took off with the slow lumbering 48's and left them in our dust at 35-45 mph and they chugged along at 25. Along with the tanks overall size, the gun looks more like a 105mm as apposed to the narrow 76 the Bulldog carried. In spite of it all, the HL M-41 is a good runner and has never given me any problems.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:04 PM
rclaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why Heng Long made M41A3 so big?

I ran the Bulldog the other day out in the snow, and it didn't run as good as the PanzerIII. I guess the M41A3 tracks were not designed for snow environment.