Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

RX18 - just how good is it?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

RX18 - just how good is it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 06:19 AM
tac23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX18 - just how good is it?

As per the title really - Ive got 3 unfinished projects on the go simultaneously (tahnks to having 3 kids at home at the moment and another baby on the way!), and a T34 Id love to upgrade.

So far everythings got (or is getting) Rx13s with an extra heatsink stuck on and a computer fan.

Question is, just how good is an RX18 (ive never had my hands on one)? Is it worth, before I go too far, ditching the RX13s and investing in RX18s for everything (bearing in mind funds are limited). I dont mind spending the extra $$s if its going to make a huuuge difference over the 13s, but is it?

Any thoughts?
Old 04-17-2009, 06:51 AM
Ern

Default RE: RX18 - just how good is it?

...and if I may add, how does the RX18 compare to the RX14? I also have a project tank that has a 13 and plan on keeping it airsoft [waiting to see what Creeping Death's new gun system is like] so I don't need the IR features of the RX18. How similar are the 14 and 18, other than the availability of IR connections? I've wondered if the 18 is just a 14 board with a pretty cover and extra connections. Don't they both use the same fets?
Old 04-17-2009, 09:00 AM
Wozwasnt

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I've got 3 tanks waiting to have the electronics upgraded but I'm waiting to see what the Mato Sherman electronics are like.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:50 AM
ssrc30

ORIGINAL: Wozwasnt

I've got 3 tanks waiting to have the electronics upgraded but I'm waiting to see what the Mato Sherman electronics are like.

When is that Sherman coming out anyway?
Old 04-17-2009, 05:22 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I heard it will be before the KV1
Old 04-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Ern

Giving this thread a bump because the questions were never answered. Getting ready to order a new board and would appreciate any input on RX14 vs RX18 - other than connections for IR is there a difference in durability? Everyone seems to have wiring questions. I realize that they are newer and people are less familiar with them - but are the electronics any better?
Old 04-30-2009, 09:25 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Darkith says yes. Less interrnal resistance and they can handle more amperage. I trust him to know this. Obvious plug and play and IR feature is definite move forward if you want to go the HL IR route. However if you go with a DBC there is really no need for the RX 18. Would I spend money to upgrade to an RX 18. Absolutely not. I have no interest in the limited HL IR system.