Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

RX-18 and 3:1

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 07:30 PM
Freddi79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX-18 and 3:1

Thinking for getting an RX-18 board soon and a 3:1 gearbox, If I get the gearbox itself first will it work with the RX-14 board I have now? Or should I get the board first and if I do go with the board, which one in rccommand do you guys recommend me getting because there are many version of the RX-18 for sale.

-thanks
Old 04-22-2009, 08:38 PM
bowlman

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
Default RE: RX-18 and 3:1

the gearboxes will work with any HL board even with Tamiya electronics and EL-Mod on the board depends on what you want to do with it if your looking to add battle system then get that package just want to upgrade then get that one but best first ask bill what you want and he will set you up .

thanks
jimmy
Old 04-22-2009, 08:45 PM
Freddi79

Thanks bowlman.

Do I just email Bill through these forums or the site www.rccommand.com?
Old 04-22-2009, 09:01 PM
oddball77

The best would be on Rccommand site..Bill will get back to Fast from there.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Ern

Freddi, it depends what you want, and how soon you want it. All of these parts will work with eachother just fine. You can use the 3:1 gears with any board [although you may need to add a cooling fan to some more than others], just as you can use an RX18 board with any of the gear boxes. Get whatever your budget allows and do it in phases if you have to. I guess you have to set priorities. Personally, I'd go with the 3:1 gears first if your electronics are working - there will be more of a visual benefit to the upgrade. Whichever board you use I'd still add a fan to cool it down... Bill has them too!

Sorry, just re-read your question and saw that you have an RX14 board... I put a fan on mine with metal tracks and have been running it for about a year with no problems. I will upgrade to a RX18 if I ever burn it out, but don't see a benfit to adding it now since it's working fine. I'm keeping mine airsoft and not changing to IR so there is no necessity in switching boards that I can see and I don't think anyone here has really said that the 18 boards are any better built than the 14's. I've asked a couple times and never really got any opinions, and have heard of both burning out occassionally.