Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tam Leo 6 wiring

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 03:08 AM
EugeniRUS

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tam Leo 6 wiring

Guys, how did you put wires in Leo 6? I find it difficult to close the turret without cuttung some wires, especially 4 thick wires to gearboxes.
Any pics of the layout?

Best regards,
Eugene

Old 05-26-2009, 05:55 AM
StumpyBloke

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tam Leo 6 wiring

Hi, Iknow this wont help you any but Ihad the exact same problem and was not happy about cutting any wires. Eventually I got them to fit quite well by pure trial and error... but it did take me a LOT of trial and erroring!!

Good luck, Rich
Old 05-26-2009, 10:40 AM
CapnCrunch43

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't cut them!

Mostly it's trial and error like SB mentioned. Plus, I left the front armor pieces unglued (they stay on with friction) and can see inside the turret, looking for places that are obstructing the upper turret from sitting properly.

The two biggest problems I found were wires catching between the top half tabs that sit on the bottom turret half and second, wires going over the battery. I don't have the flash unit in it in these pics, but it does fit with a slight rearrangement of the wires on that side.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77259.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	1206350   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19981.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	1206351   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va70847.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	1206352   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ib82665.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	1206353  
Old 05-26-2009, 10:59 PM
gyrate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same issues. After a lot of tinkering i made it work, but they would get shifted out of place with every turret opening or battery change. mini zip ties help though.

I eventually got annoyed and just moved the batteries (dual 3500mahs) to the hull. Now i have all the space in the world in the turrent and its great. Downside is i had to remove the speaker but i found it cheesy anyway. Id rather hear the real engine ;p
Old 05-27-2009, 12:54 AM
EugeniRUS

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: CapnCrunch43

Don't cut them!

Mostly it's trial and error like SB mentioned. Plus, I left the front armor pieces unglued (they stay on with friction) and can see inside the turret, looking for places that are obstructing the upper turret from sitting properly.

The two biggest problems I found were wires catching between the top half tabs that sit on the bottom turret half and second, wires going over the battery. I don't have the flash unit in it in these pics, but it does fit with a slight rearrangement of the wires on that side.

NIceand neat layout!

Too late! I am very impatient so I cut the cables w/out waiting for the replies. Now I will put DEANs connectors (from ETOarmour)on the wires (only 2 needed)+ I will replace the bulky Tam connectors on the battery (only one connector required). Original connectors are literally devouring the space.