Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

T2000 Receiver/ESC

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 07:32 AM
pzrwest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T2000 Receiver/ESC

Has anyone worked with the T2000 receiver/ESC? Can you use a 2 channel transmitter with it? I was thinking of useing one in my brengun carrier since all I need is track control. Would anyone have a used one I could the use of for my carrier project to test it out?
Old 05-26-2009, 10:54 AM
WhiteWolf McBride
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: T2000 Receiver/ESC

pzrwest:

From discussions on the ArmorHut, the T2000 was tried as an alternative to the DMD unit, and found wanting. You might be better off using the rtadio out of a 1/16 or 1/18 microbuggy. The Losi Mini-T unit would be perfect, because its Rx & ESC were not designed as a single unit like the Kyosho Mini Inferno/LAV one was.

Just remember that they ran off a battery-eliminator, so you need to disconnect one of the hot lines between one of the ESC's and the Rx (or disconnect both and use a separate Rx battery...)
Old 05-26-2009, 11:13 AM
Perry S.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Pzrwest,
I bought one of these a while back and it pretty much went into the garbage. I had Flaky perf out of the radio and the 3rd and 4th channels were unaccesible. Many others have had this problem. Performance out of the drive channels was just as bad. Concensus from most that have ordered these is that they are cheap Chinese crap and I have not heard of one person that has been happy with theirs.
Perry
Old 05-26-2009, 11:27 AM
pzrwest

Well I want to try one in my carrier. All it needs to do is drive the two gearboxes. no need for the other channels since there is no turret to worry about. I'd be willing to swap an rx14 board& receiver for one of the T2000's
Old 05-26-2009, 01:31 PM
THE_BREED

Try a sabertooth.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:08 PM
pzrwest

What is a sabertooth? never heard of it I tried the search function here at RC Universe and it really sucks nowthere is this beta thing, I prefered the old version.... bring it back scrap the beta one!!!!!
Old 05-26-2009, 11:51 PM
THE_BREED

http://www.dimensionengineering.com/index.html

They have several different sizes. Phenom controllers.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:33 AM
WhiteWolf McBride
My Feedback: (3)

pzrwest:

Avoid the T2000. You found the link to the old report (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2808705/tm.htm) and it was rather poorly considered. I'll also note that some reported that the Canadian seller on eBay (not sure I'm allowed to mention names - Hi-IQ) refused to warranty it at all, and it vanished for a while.

Now there is another seller out of HK who also sells Kenny's tracks & doo-dads (HobbySummit aka manheader) and they have it listed as well, but with NO mention of what AM or FM band. They DO note in one variation of the ads that you ~should~ use a Futaba radio... I'd heard that it was available outside of just 27AM, so you might want to ask them if the unit is available on 75 or even FM! Also ask about their warranty and point 'em at these threads.

But IMHO: For $65 bucks, forget the T2000, and get the Dimension Engineering Sabretooth 2x10RC. Put sinks on the fins like the 2x10 has, and a micro-fan on top, and you shouldn't have any worries running 380's in a Sherman.

PS: Tak Po Pty. Ltd. seems to be located in Singapore, and that companies in that country are NOT well known for their hobby electronics reliability OR warranty support.