Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Tamiya Tiger road wheel question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tamiya Tiger road wheel question

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 12:24 AM
RSEA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tamiya Tiger road wheel question

I do not yet own a Tamiya tank. I am Tamiya tankless.. For those that do own the Tamiya Tiger I F/O, I have a question for you.

After you have fully assembled, gluedand painted your Tiger, is it possible to remove all of the road wheels, without damaging or breaking anything? Can those road wheels be removed without having to break glue bonds etc.? Especially, if one wants to ONLY remove the 4 outer wheels on each side.. I have seensome of the Tigers in person, but did not have that CLOSE of a look at them to know if this would be a problem.

Tanks for any help you can provide in this matter!
Old 05-29-2009, 12:44 AM
Pzjgr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tamiya Tiger road wheel question

If I were considering taking my Tamiya Tiger road wheels apart to put in new bearings I wouldn't do it unless I had plenty of spares. To me it's not worth taking the risk just so the road wheels would roll a little better. It's best to put in better bearings when your building your Tiger. Just my opinion.

Duane

Sorry I misunderstood, you just want to remove the 4 outside road wheels.....it's not to much trouble, just be careful. Mine fall off pretty frequent, but that's because I drive them just about every other day.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:04 AM
RSEA

That is good to know, thanks. But I wasn't referring to replacing wheel bearings or bushings.I should have clarifiedthe question better. In my case,it would be to re-paint the road wheels on a tank that someone else has already painted, along with re-painting the entire tank.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:10 AM
Pzjgr

I've repainted my Tiger that I bought from Jeff, was green and now panzer gray....I just removed the whole road wheel assembly (is connected to the arm by allen screw) and repainted.

Hope this helps,
Duane
Old 05-29-2009, 01:17 AM
streetsquid

RSEA,
As Duane said the road wheels are simply attached to the metal suspension with a collet with a allen set screw. Loosen the set screw and the entire wheel falls off of the suspension shaft. Easy to remove and easy to reinstall. You can also easily remove the rubber roadwheel from the hub for painting as well, they just stretch over the wheel and a groove on the rubber tire locks onto a raised lip on the center of each wheel. I did exactly that on my Panther G refurb

Squid
Old 05-29-2009, 02:01 AM
RSEA

Thanks much Duane and Squid!

That is right, The Squid has repainted both a Panther and Tiger II fairly recently. He is the man to ask about all things paint!

I can see it now, closing my eyes and visualizing my Panther Pink Tiger I Would go great with the Panzer Pink piping on the commander's crusher cap!
Old 05-29-2009, 02:27 AM
phasor

Yes, all road wheels are attached to the metal suspension arms and held by  allen screws. No problem dismantling after assembly.