Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

jagdpanther spare track bracket

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

jagdpanther spare track bracket

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 08:45 PM
daisycutter redux

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default jagdpanther spare track bracket

does anyone know/have the dimesions of the jadpanther track bracket either in 1/16 or real scale? i needa pairfor my new hl jagdpanther and im no way paying silly money for something i can easily build with some brass and wire

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29170.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	1207389  
Old 05-28-2009, 08:00 AM
daisycutter redux

Default RE: jagdpanther spare track bracket

what NOBODY knows are nobody wants to share this information?
Old 05-28-2009, 08:33 AM
Ern

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have a JP, but found this in a book I downloadad. Maybe you can figure it out from the overall dimesions given.

RCU really shrunk that down. If you think it will help PM me your email and I will send it to you. The RCU link to your email doesn't have an attachment option

Name:	Wu60985.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	1207654  
Old 05-28-2009, 12:14 PM
daisycutter redux

thanks this is the aftermarket one
http://www.tankzone.co.uk/images/wecohe/PTA/PTH0041.jpg
it does not seem a difficult part to build im certainly not paying £44 for one i have micro-nuts,chain and brass of an appropriate thickness all i need is some dimesions
Old 05-28-2009, 03:52 PM
Ern

I don't know why they just don't sell parts made of styrene.These PE and metal parts all look neat and everything, but in the end, after primer and paint is applied it looks the same asa piece cast in plastic.

Have you tried obtaining a Tamiya sprue with those on them? If Tamiya doesn't make a 1/16 Jagd you could probably use one from a Panther kit. Just a thought

Old 05-28-2009, 04:46 PM
daisycutter redux

i think the tamiya one uses a moulded bar with seperate racks i thoght about using a styrene bar with brass racks the tamiya sprue would probably be a bit on the pricy side i wish to keep cost down by scratchbuilding simple components
Old 05-28-2009, 05:45 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

I'm probably going to get someone's goat with this but here goes anyway. You have provided a photo of a JagdPanther
with a spare track bracket mounted. Your first decision point is: is the bracket on this vehicle original? If yes what do I have the dimensions for? Wheels? there a good point of reference. If I know the dimensions of a Panther wheel with respect to how one measures in this
photo I should be able to arrive at a fairly close measurement of how long and wide the bracket is. It is an easy step to translate that
into a measurement for your model as the bracket is a very simple structure.

As for the depths of the "U" shaped hooks that go through the track holes they are narrow enough to fit and just tall enough to clear the track body so a retaining pin could be inserted. The pin were retained by lengths of chain and I've seen both round and flat retaining pins.
The "U" hooks are just far enough apart so three track links will fit and barely not touch.

Below is a photo of one I did 12 years ago for a 1/10 Panther F I preferred the type not welded but suspended from two bolts on the engine deck.
It may not be 100% but it was close and it is functional as well. I'm presently revising this model to resolve the major fixable departures
from scale as much as can be done. On this particular bracket I just used what was was available for the long backing bar, Iwas lazy...

Check your results from multiple sources and other modelers; even use 1/35 scale references. Dragon's models are quite good.

Don't get frozen because there's no drawing for everything you want to build.

Jerry
Old 05-28-2009, 07:19 PM
M.A.Ts

daisy this is what i did, just lay three sections of track side by side with about 0.5mm separating them now you have your length & follow Tanques technic for the u brackets, I drilled a hole in the bottom of the u bracket & solder some brass rod in to make a spigot, I used plastic strip (4mm w x 1,5mm thick) for the base then drilled holes to attach the u brackets.

Name:	Eb86909.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	1207952  
Old 05-28-2009, 09:18 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Here's a photo of another Idid. A bit on the snug side but it also works. It is from a 1/10 Panther that I've run quite a bit.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:06 AM
daisycutter redux

thanks everyoneplenty of info to work with