Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

H/l wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 07:27 AM
gryphon6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H/l wiring question

Hello all, I have an old H/L Tiger I that i'm about to convert to S&S version, however the Tiger I recieved did not have any RX/Reciver boards at all . Thanks to Phil , whom i got the upgrade kit from ,along and the MAT KT.

However, being a complete first timer in attempting an upgrade, i like to ask a few question, sorry if this have been asked before :

01: I have been to the other websites , Rccommand do it yourself tutorials , wacky's tank guide etc but could not find and answer to :
can anyone tell me which wires is the Batt ground and which is the Switch ground, which wire i can safely ignore and how to wire up to the rx 18 board.

Pic of the main switch wires in question as you can see three red wires and black wire is the batt ground? i saw on the other websites that have different wire colours.

Need Advice thanks
Cheers

Old 05-30-2009, 08:23 AM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: H/l wiring question

In the old days the 3rd wire was connected from the switch to the receiver to discharge static if the antenna came in contact with metal. Well, it resulted in a lot of blown boards so we leave it off. The battery positive will connect to the end pole (doesn't matter which) and the center wire to your board. As to where on the board, have to wait until the guys familiar with the TK-RX18 show up. I still use the TK-RX13s.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:01 AM
gryphon6

So that means the 3rd wire will be left unused ,and the red wire coming from the Battery is the +ve, well at least it clears up the confusing sight that greeted me when i open the Tiger up lol
I went to the other websites and the have only the two red +ve connected to one pole and a white color wire connected to the second or third pole.
Thank you.

Cheers

Old 05-30-2009, 09:30 AM
gryphon6

Sorry to ask again , where to splice in the smoker switch? cause i read the tutorial at RCcommand and Bill does not show where to splice in the smoker switch or can I just plug in at the RX-18 board straight away, along with the power connector for the smoker.

Cheers
Old 05-30-2009, 08:26 PM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The smoker plugs into all the boards. I'm only familiar with the TK-RX13 board and not the newer ones.

Heng Long uses all different colors for wiring. Lighter colors are positive, darker negative.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:50 AM
thomasjohnmurphy

I'm like Swathy, only familiar with the old RX13 Board. Saying that I have a couple of RX14 boards are are wondering how the power connects to it
Old 05-31-2009, 05:03 AM
gorehound

Hi

Here is a pic of the RX-18 with all the ports described that was posted by another members a month or two back. As you see, there is a plug for suppling power to the smoker and a second plug (bottom right hadmost one) that you attach a switch for putting the smoker on and off. On the RX18 boards I bought the switch came supplied but if you don't have one it is a simple three position single pole switch that allows you to close or open the circuit.

I hope this helps.

cheers
Gorehound
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw69117.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	1209288